Cheapest UK Nikon D70 with lens

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Byron Hinson, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Byron Hinson

    Byron Hinson Guest

    Byron Hinson, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Byron Hinson

    samsung Guest

    Cheapest Cheapest , or Cheapest Best..
    I would recomend www.7dayshop.com, maybe a tenner more than the lowest of
    the lowest prices, but well worth it for the after sales service etc, which
    the real cheapo's can't compete on...

    samsung, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Byron Hinson

    Phil Guest

    "Byron Hinson" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70 with
    > the lens?
    >
    > --
    > Byron Hinson
    > Microsoft MVP
    > ActiveWin - Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com
    > Designer Dream: http://www.designerdream.co.uk

    I always check out on pricerunner. Often has cheapest but sometimes just
    need to trawl through the endless UK sites.

    http://uk.pricerunner.com/

    Good luck

    Phil
    Phil, Apr 26, 2004
  4. > "Byron Hinson" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70

    with
    > > the lens?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Byron Hinson

    Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....

    David
    David J Taylor, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Byron Hinson

    Phil Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:Dlmjc.3022$...
    > > "Byron Hinson" <> wrote in message
    > > > Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70

    > with
    > > > the lens?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Byron Hinson

    > Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
    >
    > David

    Will they price match with something found on web site?

    Phil
    Phil, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Byron Hinson

    samsung Guest

    > > > Anyone know of the cheapest place in the UK to get the new Nikon D70

    > with
    > > > the lens?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Byron Hinson

    > Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
    >
    > David

    Jessops will not price match an internet site--- I've tried it... They will
    not even match prices in UK photography magazines....
    samsung, Apr 27, 2004
  7. "Phil" <reply to group> wrote in message
    []

    > > Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
    > >
    > > David

    > Will they price match with something found on web site?
    >
    > Phil

    Yes, but the item must be in stock at the Web site in question. I took in
    a list of several Web sites with Minolta A2 prices (and phone numbers
    etc.) and Jessops matched them (£632 instead of their list of £749.90).

    I see that someone else says they wouldn't do price-matching for him.
    They did for me.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Apr 27, 2004
  8. In rec.photo.digital "samsung" <> wrote:

    >> with

    >> Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
    >>
    >> David

    >Jessops will not price match an internet site--- I've tried it... They will
    >not even match prices in UK photography magazines....

    Jessops price matched with Amazon.co.uk for me. About 5-6 weeks ago. Amazon
    advertised the 300D c/w lens kit for, 799 (including free delivery) - took
    the info into Jessops (Lisburn, Co.Antrim) and they matched the price. Got
    the 300D straight from their stock for 799 all in, no problem.

    I see today Amazon now have the 300D camera/kit for 779

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...3655/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/202-0931116-2242203

    "Availability: usually dispatched within 24 hours" - Jessops can't argue with
    that.

    I note they (Amazon) are listing the D70 kit for 999, but you could probably
    do better than that. Of course Amazon will price match as well.

    --
    Ronnie
    Ronnie McKinley, Apr 27, 2004
  9. Byron Hinson

    zorg Guest

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:35:50 +0100, "Phil" <reply to group> wrote:

    >"David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    >message news:Dlmjc.3022$...
    >> > "Byron Hinson" <> wrote in message

    >> with

    >> Jessops will price match, so you can get the best of both worlds....
    >>
    >> David

    >Will they price match with something found on web site?

    Yes. It has to be a UK site and in stock. I was asked to take a printout
    from the website into Jessops. In the end, I did not test it, as I was
    after a D70 body only and they don't stock that.

    zorg, Apr 27, 2004
  10. Byron Hinson

    Guest

    I was wondering around Dixons on Saturday and saw the D70 kit with a £850
    price sticker on it. I'd looked in Jessops earlier and their price was
    £1,200. (non in stock, 1 gig mem card included) Another shop, Melgray had
    the kit for £1,100.

    Thinking Dixons had made a pricing mistake I bought the D70 there and then.
    I had intended waiting a while. I checked on the web later and the price was
    correct. Amazon also have it £850. the cheapest I've seen so far.

    Mick
    , Apr 28, 2004
  11. Byron Hinson

    Bryn James Guest

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:17:43 +0000 (UTC),
    wrote:

    >I was wondering around Dixons on Saturday and saw the D70 kit with a £850
    >price sticker on it. I'd looked in Jessops earlier and their price was
    >£1,200. (non in stock, 1 gig mem card included) Another shop, Melgray had
    >the kit for £1,100.
    >
    >Thinking Dixons had made a pricing mistake I bought the D70 there and then.
    >I had intended waiting a while. I checked on the web later and the price was
    >correct. Amazon also have it £850. the cheapest I've seen so far.

    I saw the same today - but it was not the 17-70 lens (think I've got
    those numbers right) but the cheaper lens without the wide angle.
    With the 17 - 70 they were quoting £999 (none in the store).

    Which lens did you get?
    Bryn James, Apr 29, 2004
  12. Byron Hinson

    Guest

    So that's how they did it. My lens is a 28 - 80 which translates to a 42 -
    120 35mm equivalent. Still, I'm very pleased with the camera.

    Mick
    , May 1, 2004