    SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming VOIP lines.
    Anyone tried this?
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 17, 2006

  2. Brian A

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any
    > longer. The price charged by other vendors is, in some
    > cases, TWICE that of the US price and that makes me
    > think, even in rip off UK, that it is over priced. There
    > have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
    > jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know
    > of a good source?
    >
    > I assume that my idea will work:
    > I want to plug the output of the 1001 into the PSTN
    > input of my SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming
    > VOIP lines.
    > Anyone tried this?

    Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would be either Asterisk
    or if you're a telecomms nostalgia nut like I am, get one of these off
    eBay:

    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm

    and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be able to plug in old
    rotary dial phones as well, and use them on VoIP, the thing converts from
    pulse dialling to DTMF on the fly..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 17, 2006

  3. Brian A

    JW Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any
    >>longer. The price charged by other vendors is, in some
    >>cases, TWICE that of the US price and that makes me
    >>think, even in rip off UK, that it is over priced. There
    >>have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
    >>jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know
    >>of a good source?
    >>
    >>I assume that my idea will work:
    >>I want to plug the output of the 1001 into the PSTN
    >>input of my SPA-3000 - thereby giving me 2 more incoming
    >>VOIP lines.
    >>Anyone tried this?

    > Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would be either Asterisk
    > or if you're a telecomms nostalgia nut like I am, get one of these off
    > eBay:
    >
    > http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm
    >
    > and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be able to plug in old
    > rotary dial phones as well, and use them on VoIP, the thing converts from
    > pulse dialling to DTMF on the fly..!
    >
    > Ivor

    ISTR London systems which could not send DTMF to the
    exchange. Maybe depends on card version.

    JW, May 17, 2006
  4. Brian A

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "JW" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:

    [snip]

    > > Hmm, it might work, but probably a neater option would
    > > be either Asterisk or if you're a telecomms nostalgia
    > > nut like I am, get one of these off eBay:
    > >
    > > http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm
    > >
    > > and plug all your analogue phones into it..! You'll be
    > > able to plug in old rotary dial phones as well, and use
    > > them on VoIP, the thing converts from pulse dialling to
    > > DTMF on the fly..!

    > ISTR London systems which could not send DTMF to the
    > exchange. Maybe depends on card version.

    Card configuration more likely. There were two versions of exchange line
    card, but both had links to set whether the output to the exchange was
    pulse or DTMF.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 18, 2006
  5. Brian A

    PhilT Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > Unfortunately broadbandbuyer don't do the SPA-1001 any longer. The
    > price charged by other vendors is, in some cases, TWICE that of the US
    > price and that makes me think, even in rip off UK, that it is over
    > priced. There have been some offerings at decent prices but I didn't
    > jump in fast enough and now they have gone. Anyone know of a good
    > source?

    http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura.html
    <£60 ?

    you didn't give a target price.