    the cost per month or per page in sending faxes.

    thanks
    Vinnie

    robert, Mar 7, 2007

  2. robert

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "robert" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > what's the cheapest way to send fax to US, EU and south
    > america?
    >
    > I don't really need to buy a geographical number, but i
    > do care for the cost per month or per page in sending
    > faxes.
    >
    > thanks
    > Vinnie

    Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective for sending faxes
    anyway, it's very hit & miss.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 7, 2007

  3. robert

    Stuart Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective for sending faxes
    > anyway, it's very hit & miss.

    Then I must advise Ivor to try Sipgate ;-)

    Our office has no problem sending faxes worldwide through our Win2k server
    modem into a Grandstream ATA286 on a Sipgate account.

    YMMV,
    Stuart

    Stuart, Mar 8, 2007
  4. robert

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    > > Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective
    > > for sending faxes anyway, it's very hit & miss.

    > Then I must advise Ivor to try Sipgate ;-)
    >
    > Our office has no problem sending faxes worldwide through
    > our Win2k server modem into a Grandstream ATA286 on a
    > Sipgate account.

    I have tried it occasionally, but I rarely have a need to send/receive
    faxes. Yes, it did work fine when I tried it on Sipgate ;-)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 8, 2007
  5. robert

    Andy Lord Guest

    On Mar 7, 6:02 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > "robert" <> wrote in message

    > > what's the cheapest way to send fax to US, EU and south
    > > america?

    > > I don't really need to buy a geographical number, but i
    > > do care for the cost per month or per page in sending
    > > faxes.

    > > thanks
    > > Vinnie

    > Try asking in uk.telecom - VoIP isn't really effective for sending faxes
    > anyway, it's very hit & miss.

    I've just noticed that I've been sending faxes via Voipcheap for the
    last week without realising it. I've not had a single problem.
    Slightly ironic after all the time and trouble I spent trying to get a
    Vonage 'dedicated fax line' to function properly.

    --

    Andy

    Andy Lord, Mar 8, 2007
  6. robert

    Henry Hooray Guest

    "robert" <> wrote in message
    > what's the cheapest way to send fax to US, EU and south america?
    >
    > I don't really need to buy a geographical number, but i do care for
    > the cost per month or per page in sending faxes.
    >
    > thanks
    > Vinnie

    Have a look at http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php for the
    cheapest way to use 'normal' BT telephones and faxes to dial both within the
    UK and abroad.

    Examples (and I think these are all rounded to the second): USA 1p/min,
    Canada 0.5p/min, Brazil 1p/min, Argentina 0.5p/min, Chile 1p/min, Ecuador
    4p/min, Mexico 3p/min. None of these require any sort of signing up
    whatsoever, no contracts, you can dial 141 to hide your telephone number
    from the suppliers, no pitfalls.

    IMHO it's just not worth mucking about with voip to send faxes - and indeed
    more often than not outgoing calls can be significantly cheaper using the
    numbers on the site above.

    Having said that, I am also a happy voip user myself, currently with
    accounts with three different suppliers.

    Henry.

    Henry Hooray, Mar 8, 2007