Cheapest .co.nz domain registration?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Alan, Jan 13, 2009.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Hi All,

    What is the cheapest .co.nz domain registration that you know of? I
    need registration and DNS. Don't need email.

    I found $24.50 + GST from 1stdomains.co.nz.

    Anyone know of someone cheaper?

    Any comments on 1stdomains.co.nz?

    Thanks,

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb
    Alan, Jan 13, 2009

  2. Alan

    EMB Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > What is the cheapest .co.nz domain registration that you know of? I
    > need registration and DNS. Don't need email.
    >
    > I found $24.50 + GST from 1stdomains.co.nz.
    >
    > Anyone know of someone cheaper?
    >
    > Any comments on 1stdomains.co.nz?

    They seem to do the job ok for me, although I only use them as a
    registrar and have DNS, hosting and email handled elsewhere.
    EMB, Jan 13, 2009

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Thanks EMB.

    Out of interest, who do you use for those other things?

    Thanks,

    Alan, Jan 14, 2009
  4. Alan

    EMB Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > Thanks EMB.
    >
    > Out of interest, who do you use for those other things?

    For (very) cheap and cheerful, non-critical stuff I use kiwihosting.net.
    For the higher value stuff I use my own servers.
    EMB, Jan 14, 2009
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message

    > Alan wrote:
    >>
    >> Any comments on 1stdomains.co.nz?
    >>

    > They seem to do the job ok for me, although I only use them as a
    > registrar and have DNS, hosting and email handled elsewhere.

    Hi EMB,

    Can I ask why you don't use 1stdomains.co.nz for DNS Zone Managements?
    Have you used them in the past and found their DNS service to be
    'lacking'?

    I am thinking that I'll use Google Apps to handle email, no need for a
    website just yet, and domain registration is pretty much a one off /
    fairly simple thing, so I only have the DNS in the middle to consider,
    and once DNS records are reasonably propogated around, reliance on the
    authoritative nameserver should become less of an issue (if I
    understand it correctly)?

    Thanks,

    Alan, Jan 18, 2009
  6. Alan

    EMB Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > Can I ask why you don't use 1stdomains.co.nz for DNS Zone Managements?
    > Have you used them in the past and found their DNS service to be 'lacking'?

    No issues with them at all - for historical reasons I handle zone
    management elsewhere and can't be bothered changing.
    EMB, Jan 19, 2009
  7. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Okay - thanx.