    Dragon Guest

    Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment

    cheers dave
    Dragon, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Sprite Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:rX9zd.52916$...
    > Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment
    >
    > cheers dave

    Well, region 2 and available to the UK... www.dvdcrave.com have the
    seasons, just bought them all! They're arranged "Season 1" in a standard
    DVD case with 3 discs, and the other seasons are split into two cases each
    with those. Each set of three is about £9-£10. Postage is cheap but be
    careful not to put too many in one parcel as it will look interesting to
    customs!

    So all in all I got the whole lot for about £130 and they all arrived within
    9 days, despatched last week - not bad going for the Xmas rush!

    Here though, I'm not really sure what the best offers are.
    www.gamestracker.co.uk has started monitoring DVD prices now, but the best
    I've found is probably about £32 which, when you add it up, is a lot more
    expensive than the importing from Australia option!

    --
    Sue
    Sprite, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment
    >
    > cheers dave

    Cheapest I've seen them $52 canadian..dvd soon...still cheaper than R2 even
    with charges (yeah I know said UK but if price is more important)

    A few episodes on R2 are cut
    Nath, Dec 25, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Sprite Guest

    "Nath" <> wrote in message

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > > Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment
    > >
    > > cheers dave

    > Cheapest I've seen them $52 canadian..dvd soon...still cheaper than R2

    even
    > with charges (yeah I know said UK but if price is more important)

    But not cheaper than the R2 from Australia :)

    > A few episodes on R2 are cut

    Oh? How so?

    --
    Sue
    Sprite, Dec 25, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    "Sprite" <> wrote in message

    > "Nath" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> > Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment
    >> >
    >> > cheers dave

    >> Cheapest I've seen them $52 canadian..dvd soon...still cheaper than R2

    > even
    >> with charges (yeah I know said UK but if price is more important)

    > But not cheaper than the R2 from Australia :)

    How much are they then? £29 for R1 boxsets with the charge. Cheapest I've
    seen Buffy/Angel on UK R2 is £50 (initially) then down to £29 on promotion.

    >> A few episodes on R2 are cut
    >>

    > Oh? How so?

    Not alot cut- one scene with a zombie breaking a humans neck on S3 (party at
    Buffy's house)..not mentioned on dvd compare.
    Nath, Dec 25, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Major ChrisB Guest

    "Sprite" <> wrote in message

    > "Nath" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> > Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment
    >> >
    >> > cheers dave

    >> Cheapest I've seen them $52 canadian..dvd soon...still cheaper than R2

    > even
    >> with charges (yeah I know said UK but if price is more important)

    > But not cheaper than the R2 from Australia :)
    >

    >> A few episodes on R2 are cut
    >>

    > Oh? How so?

    DMP1 has Giles hot wiring a car slightly cut and I think Becoming 1 has
    Willow killing a baby deer cut a little. It was cut on TV here, not sure if
    it's cut on the dvd. There may also be a couple of headbuts
    removed....there deffinatly are on some Angel episodes but not sure about
    buffy.

    The only cut I know for deffinate is the hot wiring in DMP1

    Also check the Australian and Canadian disks have the full 50 minute version
    of Once More With Feeling. I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be
    exclusive to the UK at one point and then they decided to put it on the US
    ones. Not sure if Oz would have gotten it too.
    Major ChrisB, Dec 25, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Sprite Guest

    "Nath" <> wrote in message

    > "Sprite" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Nath" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    > >> Cheapest I've seen them $52 canadian..dvd soon...still cheaper than R2

    > > even
    > >> with charges (yeah I know said UK but if price is more important)

    > > But not cheaper than the R2 from Australia :)

    > How much are they then? £29 for R1 boxsets with the charge. Cheapest I've
    > seen Buffy/Angel on UK R2 is £50 (initially) then down to £29 on

    promotion.

    As I said in my other post, about £18 before postage, £20 after, but
    variable depending on how you group them together. 3 DVDs in a package
    should be fine as DVDCrave mark the items down nicely, and they're quick -
    something I'm told DVDsoon aren't... I don't like the idea of being charged
    before it's sent either :S

    If the OP isn't willing to go Region 1 (which I suspect because he asked
    about UK) then the Aus ones are the better option. I don't like R1 much
    myself as it's a bit more hassle in some situations for me. But if it's all
    that's available I can deal with it - like Due South :-D

    > >> A few episodes on R2 are cut
    > >>

    > > Oh? How so?

    > Not alot cut- one scene with a zombie breaking a humans neck on S3 (party

    at
    > Buffy's house)..not mentioned on dvd compare.

    I saw on one newsgroup about the Previously on Buffy's being cut sometimes,
    but I've seen them on my DVDs where they should be so far (in season 2 now,
    but they're there for the main arc episodes)

    --
    Sue
    Sprite, Dec 25, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Sprite Guest

    "Major ChrisB" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > Also check the Australian and Canadian disks have the full 50 minute

    version
    > of Once More With Feeling. I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be
    > exclusive to the UK at one point and then they decided to put it on the US
    > ones. Not sure if Oz would have gotten it too.

    I haven't got to season six yet hehe. I'm wondering though if the full one
    is only on the separate DVD of the episode they released, to make us spend
    more money?

    --
    Sue
    Sprite, Dec 25, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Major ChrisB Guest

    "Sprite" <> wrote in message

    > "Major ChrisB" <> wrote in message
    >>

    > <snip>
    >

    >> Also check the Australian and Canadian disks have the full 50 minute

    > version
    >> of Once More With Feeling. I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be
    >> exclusive to the UK at one point and then they decided to put it on the
    >> US
    >> ones. Not sure if Oz would have gotten it too.

    > I haven't got to season six yet hehe. I'm wondering though if the full
    > one
    > is only on the separate DVD of the episode they released, to make us spend
    > more money

    no the full one is in both the season and complete series box sets. I think
    it's in the seperate one too...not sure

    in the cutr version the "I've Got A Theory" cuts out after buffy sings "It
    doesn't matter" and doesn't go into the "what can't we face if we're
    together" song. Theres also the dancing sequence with Dawn and a couple of
    other bits cut or shortened
    Major ChrisB, Dec 25, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Ed Kim Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment
    >
    > cheers dave

    a bit OT, but i wanted to mention that in the US, i just went to Best
    Buy to return an iPod and saw that BUFFY S1 was on sale for $12.99
    there.

    -goro-
    Ed Kim, Dec 26, 2004
  11. Dragon

    David Z Guest

    "Sprite" <> wrote in message

    > "Nath" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> > Ok guys whos doing the cheapest buffy boxsets in the UK at the moment
    >> >
    >> > cheers dave

    >> Cheapest I've seen them $52 canadian..dvd soon...still cheaper than R2

    > even
    >> with charges (yeah I know said UK but if price is more important)

    > But not cheaper than the R2 from Australia :)

    Except Australia is R4, not R2.
    David Z, Dec 28, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Bob Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:36:52 GMT, "David Z" <> wrote:

    >"Sprite" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Nath" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Dragon" <> wrote in message

    >>> Cheapest I've seen them $52 canadian..dvd soon...still cheaper than R2

    >> even
    >>> with charges (yeah I know said UK but if price is more important)

    >> But not cheaper than the R2 from Australia :)

    >Except Australia is R4, not R2.

    Yes it is BUT the buffy boxsets bought from there are season 2 and
    season 4 :)

    All mine came from there cos i preferred the packaging
    Bob, Dec 28, 2004