    bunch of brands but am not sure if I can trust them to work. For example, I
    found some with the brand name, Sonic, Liquid Video, Princo, Digital, etc.
    Are they any good? Thanks in advance for any help.

    MauiJNP, Jun 5, 2004

  2. MauiJNP

    Robotman Guest

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am looking for someone who can recommend a cheaper brand of DVD-r media.
    > I want to buy in bulk (50 or 100) but can't afford a fortune. I found a
    > bunch of brands but am not sure if I can trust them to work. For example,

    > found some with the brand name, Sonic, Liquid Video, Princo, Digital, etc.
    > Are they any good? Thanks in advance for any help.

    I use ritek or ridata and have them recommended to me many people and they
    work great without burning any duds. I tried a pack of maxdata and a pack of
    princo but they aren't real good - lots of errors on my burner and problems
    reading them on my players.

    These are brands we have in australia - i presume you have them to.

    Robotman.

    Robotman, Jun 5, 2004

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    "Robotman" <> wrote in message

    > "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > > I am looking for someone who can recommend a cheaper brand of DVD-r

    media.
    > > I want to buy in bulk (50 or 100) but can't afford a fortune. I found a
    > > bunch of brands but am not sure if I can trust them to work. For

    example,
    > > found some with the brand name, Sonic, Liquid Video, Princo, Digital,

    etc.
    > > Are they any good? Thanks in advance for any help.
    > >

    > I use ritek or ridata and have them recommended to me many people and they
    > work great without burning any duds. I tried a pack of maxdata and a pack

    of
    > princo but they aren't real good - lots of errors on my burner and

    problems
    > reading them on my players.
    >
    > These are brands we have in australia - i presume you have them to.
    >
    > Robotman.

    thanks, I will check out the Ridata or Ritek brand.

    MauiJNP, Jun 5, 2004
  4. MauiJNP

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Ritek, no reason to look elsewhere.

    Pug Fugley, Jun 5, 2004
  5. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    I just found a great deal on Samsung DVDr. I ordered a 50 pack for only
    $27.
    Its a sale going on now at meritline.com

    check it out

    MauiJNP, Jun 5, 2004
  6. MauiJNP

    jeff blaclk Guest

    jeff blaclk, Jun 5, 2004
  7. MauiJNP

    Gene Pool Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:31:53 -0400, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:

    >I am looking for someone who can recommend a cheaper brand of DVD-r media.
    >I want to buy in bulk (50 or 100) but can't afford a fortune. I found a
    >bunch of brands but am not sure if I can trust them to work. For example, I
    >found some with the brand name, Sonic, Liquid Video, Princo, Digital, etc.
    >Are they any good? Thanks in advance for any help.

    I had excellent luck with these discs-
    Legacy 50 cake box $26.99 and free shipping:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-131-002&depa=0

    from Newegg.com. Read the user reviews. Some said the brand inside
    varies while the packaging remains the same while one said after a few
    weeks the discs were unreadable. I use a NEC 2500A burner ($79.00 from
    Newegg w/free shipping) and a Sony 510 and after three weeks mine
    still read fine.

    Gene Pool, Jun 13, 2004