CHEAPER Ink Tanks for R210/310 & RX510 Epson Printers.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 6, 2004.

  1. The T049 series on ink tanks for the NZ model of these printers.

    Note: The US/UK is a different model and uses T048 Ink Tanks, that seems to
    be the Only Difference..

    I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to me
    this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.

    This store sells the Epsom ones at $25.87inc, Ascent are from $30.77 to
    $32.48inc, PP all $30 & Corpcons all $32.62inc

    http://www.nojcom.co.nz/store/produ...FR=EPSON&SES=a64d19a25791f159a3f2b9d19f246bc3

    This firm ( JETTEC Agent ?) does Jet Tec UK Made ? Ink Tanks at a much
    lower price, plus I have been let to believe they hold 30% more ink..

    "Yes we have the Jet Tec T049 cartridges in stock now suitable for the
    R210/310.

    The cost is $18.90 each for either black or colour inclusive of GST."

    http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91

    "Extra Life Cartridges win Queen's Award - Jet Tec has won this year’s Queen’s
    Award for Innovation for its Extra Life technology. "

    http://www.jettec.co.uk/news_press.asp?key=1

    JETTEC UK web site..

    http://www.jettec.co.uk/

    I have noticed the Inktec no longer list EPSON..

    How to refill some of these new tanks

    http://www.alotofthings.com/supportforrefillers/beyondthebluelabel.htm

    You will also need to reset the Chip..

    This program might let you do that..

    http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    Also this site

    http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/accuview_sponge_free_cartridge_blanks_for_epson_3424452.htm

    Chip resetter..

    http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/chip_resetter_for_epson_desktop_smart_chip_printers_2773194.htm

    Refill Manual

    http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/instructions/U-INK_Vacuum_Assist_Kit.pdf
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 6, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    thing Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > The T049 series on ink tanks for the NZ model of these printers.
    >
    > Note: The US/UK is a different model and uses T048 Ink Tanks, that seems to
    > be the Only Difference..
    >
    > I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to me
    > this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.
    >
    > This store sells the Epsom ones at $25.87inc, Ascent are from $30.77 to
    > $32.48inc, PP all $30 & Corpcons all $32.62inc
    >
    > http://www.nojcom.co.nz/store/produ...FR=EPSON&SES=a64d19a25791f159a3f2b9d19f246bc3
    >

    > This firm ( JETTEC Agent ?) does Jet Tec UK Made ? Ink Tanks at a much
    > lower price, plus I have been let to believe they hold 30% more ink..
    >
    > "Yes we have the Jet Tec T049 cartridges in stock now suitable for the
    > R210/310.
    >
    > The cost is $18.90 each for either black or colour inclusive of GST."
    >
    > http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91
    >
    > "Extra Life Cartridges win Queen's Award - Jet Tec has won this year’s Queen’s
    > Award for Innovation for its Extra Life technology. "
    >
    > http://www.jettec.co.uk/news_press.asp?key=1
    >

    > JETTEC UK web site..
    >
    > http://www.jettec.co.uk/
    >

    > I have noticed the Inktec no longer list EPSON..
    >

    > How to refill some of these new tanks
    >
    > http://www.alotofthings.com/supportforrefillers/beyondthebluelabel.htm
    >
    > You will also need to reset the Chip..
    >
    > This program might let you do that..
    >
    > http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
    >

    > Also this site
    >

    > http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/accuview_sponge_free_cartridge_blanks_for_epson_3424452.htm
    >
    > Chip resetter..
    >
    > http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/chip_resetter_for_epson_desktop_smart_chip_printers_2773194.htm
    >

    > Refill Manual
    >
    > http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/instructions/U-INK_Vacuum_Assist_Kit.pdf

    I just bought a generic black cartridge for a C70, $20 instead of
    $70.....working very well so far...

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Aug 6, 2004

  3. The GHOST of WOGER.

    thing Guest

    thing wrote:
    > The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >

    >> The T049 series on ink tanks for the NZ model of these printers.
    >>
    >> Note: The US/UK is a different model and uses T048 Ink Tanks, that
    >> seems to
    >> be the Only Difference..
    >>
    >> I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here,
    >> to me
    >> this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.
    >>
    >> This store sells the Epsom ones at $25.87inc, Ascent are from
    >> $32.48inc, PP all $30 & Corpcons all $32.62inc
    >>
    >> http://www.nojcom.co.nz/store/produ...FR=EPSON&SES=a64d19a25791f159a3f2b9d19f246bc3
    >>

    >> This firm ( JETTEC Agent ?) does Jet Tec UK Made ? Ink Tanks at a much
    >> lower price, plus I have been let to believe they hold 30% more ink..
    >>
    >> "Yes we have the Jet Tec T049 cartridges in stock now suitable for the
    >> R210/310.
    >>
    >> The cost is $18.90 each for either black or colour inclusive of GST."
    >>
    >> http://computerone.co.nz/store/customer/home.php?cat=91
    >>
    >> "Extra Life Cartridges win Queen's Award - Jet Tec has won this year’s
    >> Queen’s
    >> Award for Innovation for its Extra Life technology. "
    >>
    >> http://www.jettec.co.uk/news_press.asp?key=1
    >>

    >> JETTEC UK web site..
    >>
    >> http://www.jettec.co.uk/
    >>

    >> I have noticed the Inktec no longer list EPSON..
    >>

    >> How to refill some of these new tanks
    >>
    >> http://www.alotofthings.com/supportforrefillers/beyondthebluelabel.htm
    >>
    >> You will also need to reset the Chip..
    >>
    >> This program might let you do that..
    >>
    >> http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
    >>

    >> Also this site
    >>

    >> http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/accuview_sponge_free_cartridge_blanks_for_epson_3424452.htm
    >>

    >> Chip resetter..
    >>
    >> http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/chip_resetter_for_epson_desktop_smart_chip_printers_2773194.htm
    >>

    >> Refill Manual
    >> http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/instructions/U-INK_Vacuum_Assist_Kit.pdf
    >>

    > I just bought a generic black cartridge for a C70, $20 instead of
    > $70.....working very well so far...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    the make is uni-1

    btw

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Aug 6, 2004
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.

    thing Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    8><---

    > I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to me
    > this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.

    NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    warmer Northland.. To cover this broader range we would need a "better"
    ink....I dont think so somehow....Even cars these days are "world" cars,
    build one sell it anywhere...more like epson are trying to rip us off
    backed up with lame excuses....

    I wonder if a complaint to the commerce commission or
    something.....Epson NZ lying...

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Aug 6, 2004
  5. The GHOST of WOGER.

    colinco Guest

    In article thing says...
    > NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    > warmer Northland.

    So Invercargill is colder than Scotland and Northland is warmer than
    Texas- Yeah right!
    colinco, Aug 6, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    JohnO Guest

    "thing" <> wrote in message
    > The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    > 8><---
    >
    > > I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to

    me
    > > this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.

    > NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    > warmer Northland.. To cover this broader range we would need a "better"
    > ink....I dont think so somehow....Even cars these days are "world" cars,
    > build one sell it anywhere...more like epson are trying to rip us off
    > backed up with lame excuses....
    >
    > I wonder if a complaint to the commerce commission or
    > something.....Epson NZ lying...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Heh! I've spent a couple of winters in Yorkshire and I can tell you mate, it
    is a lot colder than Invergiggle.
    JohnO, Aug 6, 2004
  7. On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 09:39:35 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    >8><---
    >
    >> I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to me
    >> this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.

    >NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    >warmer Northland.. To cover this broader range we would need a "better"
    >ink....I dont think so somehow....Even cars these days are "world" cars,
    >build one sell it anywhere...more like epson are trying to rip us off
    >backed up with lame excuses....
    >
    >I wonder if a complaint to the commerce commission or
    >something.....Epson NZ lying...
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    And the US does not have a broader climate, ? as they use the same Inks as
    the UK.

    The Epson R800 Printer uses the same Inks as the US/UK and here, so there
    argument does not add up..
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 7, 2004
  8. On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 09:45:18 +1200, colinco <> wrote:

    >In article thing says...
    >> NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    >> warmer Northland.
    >>

    >So Invercargill is colder than Scotland and Northland is warmer than
    >Texas- Yeah right!

    Yes another Wanker.
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 7, 2004
  9. The GHOST of WOGER.

    IRO Guest

    In article <>,
    colinco <> wrote:

    > In article thing says...
    > > NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    > > warmer Northland.
    > >

    > So Invercargill is colder than Scotland and Northland is warmer than
    > Texas- Yeah right!

    I reckon Central Otago could give them both a fair run for their money.
    Well, maybe not the humid Gulf heat the Southern States suffer, but in
    degrees.

    ------
    ~IRO
    My ambition in Life is to build something that will
    REALLY last....at least until I've finished building it.
    IRO, Aug 7, 2004
  10. The GHOST of WOGER.

    colinco Guest

    In article The GHOST of WOGER. says...
    > >So Invercargill is colder than Scotland and Northland is warmer than
    > >Texas- Yeah right!

    > Yes another Wanker.

    Sober up Roger I'm on your side this time.

    The only logic would be if they were trialling a new more UV proof dye.
    colinco, Aug 7, 2004
  11. The GHOST of WOGER.

    thing Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 09:39:35 +1200, thing <> wrote:
    >

    >>The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >>
    >>8><---
    >>

    >>>I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to me
    >>>this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.

    >>NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    >>warmer Northland.. To cover this broader range we would need a "better"
    >>ink....I dont think so somehow....Even cars these days are "world" cars,
    >>build one sell it anywhere...more like epson are trying to rip us off
    >>backed up with lame excuses....
    >>
    >>I wonder if a complaint to the commerce commission or
    >>something.....Epson NZ lying...
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > And the US does not have a broader climate, ? as they use the same Inks as
    > the UK.
    >

    > The Epson R800 Printer uses the same Inks as the US/UK and here, so there
    > argument does not add up..

    I totally agree, about the only division of some of these comapnies
    making huge profits is the ink divisions, hence they are a lying bunch
    of bastards IMHO.

    We even have some US Corps attempting to use the DMCA Law to block out
    3rd party recharge/refill products....

    It would be nice to see some class actions raised in the US....because
    the ONLY thing these greedies understand is being sued and losing
    profits with the attending bad PR.

    regards

    thing
    thing, Aug 7, 2004
  12. The GHOST of WOGER.

    thing Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "thing" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >>
    >>8><---
    >>

    >>>I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to

    > me
    >
    >>>this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.

    >>NZ climate is broader than the UK, we have colder, Invercargill and
    >>warmer Northland.. To cover this broader range we would need a "better"
    >>ink....I dont think so somehow....Even cars these days are "world" cars,
    >>build one sell it anywhere...more like epson are trying to rip us off
    >>backed up with lame excuses....
    >>
    >>I wonder if a complaint to the commerce commission or
    >>something.....Epson NZ lying...
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing
    >>

    > Heh! I've spent a couple of winters in Yorkshire and I can tell you mate, it
    > is a lot colder than Invergiggle.

    So have I....I see to recall -14 Deg C last time I was in
    Invergiggle....Sheffield was not so bad....unless your up on the moors.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Aug 7, 2004
  13. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message

    > The T049 series on ink tanks for the NZ model of these printers.
    >
    > Note: The US/UK is a different model and uses T048 Ink Tanks, that seems

    > be the Only Difference..
    >
    > I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to

    me
    > this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.
    >
    > This store sells the Epsom ones at $25.87inc, Ascent are from $30.77 to
    > $32.48inc, PP all $30 & Corpcons all $32.62inc

    http://www.nojcom.co.nz/store/produ...FR=EPSON&SES=a64d19a25791f159a3f2b9d19f246bc3

    What am I missing here? even Dick Smiths only charge $25 last time i bought
    some for a 310.
    Craig Sutton, Aug 7, 2004
  14. The GHOST of WOGER.

    colinco Guest

    In article Craig Sutton says...
    > What am I missing here? even Dick Smiths only charge $25 last time i bought
    > some for a 310.

    My guess is that DSE have had a recent price drop.
    colinco, Aug 7, 2004
  15. On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 01:26:57 +1200, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >"The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> The T049 series on ink tanks for the NZ model of these printers.
    >>
    >> Note: The US/UK is a different model and uses T048 Ink Tanks, that seems

    >> be the Only Difference..
    >>
    >> I was told by Epson NZ this is because of the different climate here, to

    >me
    >> this is utter bull, as the R800 is the same as the US/UK Model.
    >>
    >> This store sells the Epsom ones at $25.87inc, Ascent are from $30.77 to
    >> $32.48inc, PP all $30 & Corpcons all $32.62inc
    >>

    >http://www.nojcom.co.nz/store/produ...FR=EPSON&SES=a64d19a25791f159a3f2b9d19f246bc3
    >>

    >What am I missing here? even Dick Smiths only charge $25 last time i bought
    >some for a 310.

    Are but the Jet Tec ones ($18) do beat that and have 30% more ink, funny how
    thing are getting much cheaper at DSE, din't use to be like that..
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 8, 2004
  16. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Daniel Guest

    try www.dpt.co.nz

    Daniel

    Daniel, Aug 8, 2004
  17. On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 08:54:21 +1200, Daniel <> wrote:

    >try www.dpt.co.nz
    >
    >Daniel

    Yes Low End Crap brand and they don't even make the T049, so why be such a
    Idiot...? Plus were are they made..?

    Did they even get this..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 8, 2004
  18. The GHOST of WOGER.

    John Guest

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:09:26 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > Yes Low End Crap brand and they don't even make the T049, so why be such a
    > Idiot...? Plus were are they made..?
    >
    > Did they even get this..
    >
    > "Extra Life Cartridges win Queen's Award - Jet Tec has won this year’s
    > Queen’s Award for Innovation for its Extra Life technology. "

    Roger, don't know if you have tried this firm.

    The cartridge prices seem reasonable considering there is no fright
    charge, works out to just under $25 per cartridge.

    http://store.computerfood.co.nz/ECs...nkjet Cartridges&keyword=Epson+R210&SUBMIT=GO

    I recently purchased some Epson panorama paper from these people and
    it was delivered the following working day, quite impressed. (Auckland
    to Paraparaumu)

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Aug 9, 2004
  19. On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:14:00 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:09:26 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    >> Yes Low End Crap brand and they don't even make the T049, so why be such a
    >> Idiot...? Plus were are they made..?
    >>
    >> Did they even get this..
    >>
    >> "Extra Life Cartridges win Queen's Award - Jet Tec has won this year’s
    >> Queen’s Award for Innovation for its Extra Life technology. "

    >Roger, don't know if you have tried this firm.
    >
    >The cartridge prices seem reasonable considering there is no fright
    >charge, works out to just under $25 per cartridge.
    >
    >http://store.computerfood.co.nz/ECs...nkjet Cartridges&keyword=Epson+R210&SUBMIT=GO
    >
    >I recently purchased some Epson panorama paper from these people and
    >it was delivered the following working day, quite impressed. (Auckland
    >to Paraparaumu)
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    Thanks

    Yes its now loaded into my Epson bookmarks
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 9, 2004