    for the 10,000+ mins range? I specifically want VOIP and not PSTN
    originated calls.

    , May 6, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I am looking to make lots of calls within the USA (PSTN destination)
    >over VOIP, and need per minute rates as cheap as possible. Several
    >providers offer 3.9c/min eg Vonage, which is no good.

    For $50/mo, Vonage's small business plan offers unlimited calls to the
    U.S. and Canada. You have to use their adapter, of course.
    Voicepulse has a similar deal for $45/mo.

    Both prohibit telemarketing. fax blasting, and continuous call
    forwarding so you'd better give us a hint of what you plan do do with
    those 10K minutes so we can suggest a carrier who'll let you do what
    you want to do.

    John R. Levine, May 7, 2004

  3. Guest

    On 7 May 2004 01:09:19 -0400, (John R. Levine) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >>I am looking to make lots of calls within the USA (PSTN destination)
    >>over VOIP, and need per minute rates as cheap as possible. Several
    >>providers offer 3.9c/min eg Vonage, which is no good.

    >For $50/mo, Vonage's small business plan offers unlimited calls to the
    >U.S. and Canada. You have to use their adapter, of course.
    >Voicepulse has a similar deal for $45/mo.
    >
    >Both prohibit telemarketing. fax blasting, and continuous call
    >forwarding so you'd better give us a hint of what you plan do do with
    >those 10K minutes so we can suggest a carrier who'll let you do what
    >you want to do.

    fax blasting

    :)

    I don't think any provider will allow fax blasting on flat rate. It
    will have to be per minute. Cheapest per minute provider?

    , May 7, 2004
  4. Brian Young Guest

    You need to purchase wholesale to get those rates. Which means you
    need to commit to a minimum of a million minutes a month

    BY

    Brian Young, May 7, 2004
  5. >fax blasting

    Don't all those TCPA lawsuits drive up the overall cost?

    John R. Levine, May 8, 2004
  6. Guest

    On 7 May 2004 23:18:59 -0400, (John R. Levine) wrote:

    >>fax blasting

    >Don't all those TCPA lawsuits drive up the overall cost?

    It's for a good cause, as it's not commercial. Without telling you the
    details, it's for a project where the recipients get drenched with
    faxes anyway, and it wouldn't be appropriate for them to complain if
    they get one or two a week from me.

    If you can be constructive as to which VOIP provider allows ultra
    cheap per minute rates, I would be very interested. Thanks.

    , May 8, 2004
  7. wrote in

    > I am looking to make lots of calls within the USA (PSTN destination)
    > over VOIP, and need per minute rates as cheap as possible. Several
    > providers offer 3.9c/min eg Vonage, which is no good.

    Is this still the "normal" price level for long distance calls in the US?
    Rates for calling the US from Germany starts at about 2.7 USc/min (both
    fixed line and VoIP originated calls).

    Tor

    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, May 9, 2004
  8. Guest

    On 9 May 2004 20:31:02 GMT, John Levine <> wrote:

    >In his case, he wants to do bulk faxing which all of the flat rate
    >plans specifically prohibit, both because it uses a lot more minutes
    >than voice users do and because most bulk faxing in the US is illegal.

    Is it? I didn't know that. I want to fax about 1,000 business numbers
    and it's of a semi-political lobbying nature. The recipients can't
    really complain cos it's their job to listen.

    , May 9, 2004
  9. > Is this still the "normal" price level for long distance calls in the US?
    > Rates for calling the US from Germany starts at about 2.7 USc/min (both
    > fixed line and VoIP originated calls).

    It's even less! Nikotel (www.nikotel.de) charges 0.029 EUR/min but
    Sipgate (www.sipgate.de) 0.023 EUR/min.

    Juhura

    Juhura Nagamichi, May 9, 2004
  10. >>In his case, he wants to do bulk faxing which all of the flat rate
    >>plans specifically prohibit, both because it uses a lot more minutes
    >>than voice users do and because most bulk faxing in the US is illegal.

    >Is it? I didn't know that. I want to fax about 1,000 business numbers
    >and it's of a semi-political lobbying nature. The recipients can't
    >really complain cos it's their job to listen.

    You might want to review 47 USC 227, which bans unsolicited commercial
    faxes. Sending political faxes should be OK so long as they're really
    political and don't say "support spotted owls by buying our inkjet
    cartridges." There's a lot of case law about faxes which purport to
    be non-commercial but are really ads with a picture of a missing child
    attached.

    On the other hand, you're hardly the first person to think of fax
    blasting legislators, and it is my impression that the chances are
    rather low that your faxes will get more than two seconds of attention
    by a staffer on the way from the fax machine to the recycle bin.

    John R. Levine, May 10, 2004
  11. Guest

    On 9 May 2004 19:03:46 -0400, (John R. Levine) wrote:

    >On the other hand, you're hardly the first person to think of fax
    >blasting legislators, and it is my impression that the chances are
    >rather low that your faxes will get more than two seconds of attention
    >by a staffer on the way from the fax machine to the recycle bin.

    To return to the original question, are there any cheaper options than
    www.iconnecthere.com or is this topic lumbering to a close?

    Thanks for your responses anyway.

    , May 10, 2004
  12. (Juhura Nagamichi) wrote in

    >> Rates for calling the US from Germany starts at about 2.7 USc/min
    >> (both fixed line and VoIP originated calls).

    > It's even less! Nikotel (www.nikotel.de) charges 0.029 EUR/min but
    > Sipgate (www.sipgate.de) 0.023 EUR/min.

    Perhaps you haven't noticed the difference between US cent and euro cent?
    With the current exchange rate, 0.027US$ is about 0.023 euro.

    Tor

    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, May 10, 2004