Cheap small SIP handset?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Martin, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Martin, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Martin

    peter Guest

    Martin wrote:
    > Anyone know of a good cheap IP handset? Ideally something small that I
    > can take on the road.
    >
    > So far, just found the GrandStream BT-101 at 45 quid - anyone here used
    > that one?
    > http://www.sipgate.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > - Martin.

    If you can live with a USB-thingy to be plugged into a computer, then
    have a look at the F2K USB-stick & audio-device from
    http://www.mplat.com/ I have X-LIte installed on it and it works just
    fine. I got mine from Canada 5 days after ordering.

    peter, Jan 22, 2006

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    peter wrote:

    > Martin wrote:
    >> Anyone know of a good cheap IP handset? Ideally something small
    >> that I can take on the road.
    >>
    >> So far, just found the GrandStream BT-101 at 45 quid - anyone here
    >> used that one?
    >> http://www.sipgate.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1
    >>

    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> - Martin.

    > If you can live with a USB-thingy to be plugged into a computer, then
    > have a look at the F2K USB-stick & audio-device from
    > http://www.mplat.com/ I have X-LIte installed on it and it works
    > just fine. I got mine from Canada 5 days after ordering.

    Thanks, but I was really looking for a handset with 10/100 Ethernet
    connectivity. There are lots of PC-based products free of charge, but I
    don't like that solution myself, in terms of practicality and security.

    Martin, Jan 22, 2006
  4. > Thanks, but I was really looking for a handset with 10/100 Ethernet
    > connectivity. There are lots of PC-based products free of charge, but I
    > don't like that solution myself, in terms of practicality and security.

    I'd be interested in this as well - need a couple to evaluate VOIP PBX
    systems.

    Cheers, Rob.

    Rob Nicholson, Feb 1, 2006
  5. Martin

    Guest

    Two days ago I purcahased the pnone and it works like a charm. I
    recommend it...

    Rob Nicholson wrote:
    > > Thanks, but I was really looking for a handset with 10/100 Ethernet
    > > connectivity. There are lots of PC-based products free of charge, but I
    > > don't like that solution myself, in terms of practicality and security.

    > I'd be interested in this as well - need a couple to evaluate VOIP PBX
    > systems.
    >
    > Cheers, Rob.

    , Feb 2, 2006
  6. Martin

    Nick Ward Guest

    Nick Ward, Feb 2, 2006
  7. Martin

    Adrian Guest

    Adrian, Feb 2, 2006
  8. Martin

    Nick Ward Guest

    Nick Ward, Feb 2, 2006
  9. Rob Nicholson, Feb 2, 2006
  10. > Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

    Hmm, don't think so - maybe not approved over here yet.

    Cheers, Rob.

    PS. Do phones still have to get approved? Seems a bit silly...

    Rob Nicholson, Feb 2, 2006
  11. > Hmm, don't think so - maybe not approved over here yet.

    Shame though as it looks like a good feature set and the UK price could be
    under £100

    Rob Nicholson, Feb 2, 2006
  12. Martin

    Adrian Guest

    Rob Nicholson wrote:
    >> Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

    > Hmm, don't think so - maybe not approved over here yet.
    >
    > Cheers, Rob.
    >
    > PS. Do phones still have to get approved? Seems a bit silly...

    AFAIK they only need approval if conected to the PSTN

    Adrian, Feb 2, 2006
  13. Thomas Kenyon, Feb 3, 2006
  14. > You could always import one, if amazon won't let you somone like buy.com
    > or outpost.com will.

    Yes, that's an option. Might be a bit penny pinching though for a commercial
    organisation :) I'm currently talking to VOIP PBX vendors and although I'm
    sure the technology and hardware is nearly there, we're considering a
    support and warranty contract with somebody like Cisco where they'll simply
    (!) come and fix the hardware.

    Cheers, Rob.

    Rob Nicholson, Feb 4, 2006