Cheap small AC/DC Clampon Digital Meter..Update.2

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., May 11, 2004.

  1. The GHOST of WOGER., May 11, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    colinco Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
    > that here..
    >
    > Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
    >
    > The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..
    >
    > Like this one
    >

    > http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/powersupplies-03.html
    >

    > Used by Toms.
    >
    > Here is it in full
    >

    > http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/files/currentclamponammeters/93469.pdf
    >

    > Thanks..

    Don't you have any contacts with the test gear suppliers here?

    Page 238 Jaycar 2003 cat looks like clone of the Tom's one. You can find
    current :) price on website.

    colinco, May 11, 2004

  3. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Frank Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:14:41 +1200, colinco <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>

    >> Seen some small ones on Toms site that he used for PSU test, any thing like
    >> that here..
    >>
    >> Must be AC & DC for AMPS..
    >>
    >> The Cheap DSE one is only AC Amps..
    >>
    >> Like this one
    >>

    >> http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20021021/powersupplies-03.html
    >>

    >> Used by Toms.
    >>
    >> Here is it in full
    >>

    >> http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/files/currentclamponammeters/93469.pdf
    >>

    >> Thanks..
    >>

    >Don't you have any contacts with the test gear suppliers here?
    >
    >Page 238 Jaycar 2003 cat looks like clone of the Tom's one. You can find
    >current :) price on website.

    Yes I saw that Model on there Web site not very accurate (3%) and not True
    RMS like the one on Toms site that is a UNITEST CHB35 meter, but I think
    that the one that Jarcar sells is a similar type of model..

    Here is the Jaycar specs

    AC/DC Current Clamp Meter

    - 200A AC/DC
    - FREQUENCY
    - CAPACITANCE
    - AUTO RANGING
    - AUTO POWER OFF
    - DATA HOLD
    - ZERO FUNCTION
    - DUTY CYCLE
    - CONTINUITY BUZZER
    - CARRY CASE INCLUDED
    - 4000 COUNT

    This small clamp meter will measure an amazing 200 Amps DC. It is ideal for
    car stereo installations and electrical trades people. It has a one touch zero
    adjustment for DC current measurement. Jaw opening is 23mm. There is a 10mA
    high resolution on 40A DC/AC range. Also measures DVC, ACV, Ohms, diodes,
    capacitors and continuity. It is supplied in a handy vinyl pouch, along with
    leads.
    Specifications:
    - DC voltage 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V Accuracy +/- 1%
    - AC voltage 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V - Accuracy +/- 1.5%
    - DC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/- 3%- AC current 40A, 200A - Accuracy +/-
    3%
    - Resistance 400, 4K, 40K, 400K, 4M, 40M Accuracy +/- 1.2%
    - Frequency 9Hz, 99Hz, 999Hz, 9KHz, 99KHz, 999KHz, 9MHz - Accuracy +/- 0.8%
    - Capacitance 4nF, 40nF, 400nF, 4µF, 40µF, 200µF Accuracy +/- 3.5%
    - Jaw opening capability: 23mm (max conductor size)
    - Size: 181(L) x 43(W) x 30(H)mm

    This is the UNITEST CH15 the None RMS model of the same meter, the size is
    a bit different..

    For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???

    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=ca...ters/93468.pdf unitest chb15&hl=en&lr=lang_en

    http://www.beha.de/beha_static/uk/files/currentclamponammeters/93468.pdf.

    Frank, May 12, 2004
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.

    TEX Guest

    Re: Don't be a cheap arse

    Cheap.......

    You want something with all the wizz bangs and true RMS reading etc and
    then want it to be cheap.....need I say more?

    Wat do you classify as cheap?

    TEX

    TEX, May 12, 2004
  5. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Frank Guest

    Re: Don't be a cheap arse

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:54:12 +1200, TEX <> wrote:

    >Cheap.......
    >
    >You want something with all the wizz bangs and true RMS reading etc and
    >then want it to be cheap.....need I say more?
    >
    >Wat do you classify as cheap?
    >
    >TEX

    Except for its low Accuracy the Jaycar one at Qty 1+ $179.95 could fit my
    needs.

    But I am a Pom so I do have a excuse for being a cheap arse..

    Frank, May 12, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    colinco Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???

    Right click-save as from beha page

    colinco, May 12, 2004
  7. On Thu, 13 May 2004 08:24:18 +1200, colinco <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> For some funny reason you can only get the HTML Conversion of the PDF..???
    >>

    >Right click-save as from beha page

    The site must have been having problems as the PDF came down later on and the
    Right Click Save did not work, could not get article..

    I had it locked into Reget and that got it down many hours later..

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 13, 2004
  8. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Vogan Guest

    Re: Don't be a cheap arse

    "TEX" <> wrote in message
    Cheap.......

    You want something with all the wizz bangs and true RMS reading etc and
    then want it to be cheap.....need I say more?

    Wat do you classify as cheap?

    TEX

    You know, he will buy a cheap one then we will never hear the end of it
    about how crap it is and what it doesn't do etc.......
    Personally I would save the extra dollars and get a Fluke or similar.

    Cheers
    Vaughan

    Vogan, May 13, 2004