Cheap Scanner

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I just wondered which flatbed scanner you would choose out of the
    following:

    Canon Lide 4400F
    Epson Perfection V100
    HP Scanjet 4370

    I'm mainly going to be using it to scan a4 documents. I will use it
    also to scan a few old photos and one or two slides as well though.

    I only have about £70 to spend for a scanner and those three are all
    about that price.

    If anyone has any of the models above or similar model of scanner, I
    just wondered how long it takes to scan a document, and also how long
    it takes to scan a photo or slide etc if you use the Qare/Ice it comes
    with and scan in the best mode?

    I am just trying to find out which brand if any is faster at scanning.
    I also just wondered if HP have a basic level of Infrared Qare/Ice
    technology in their scanners? I never seem to see anything like this
    mentioned for their budget scanners.

    Cheers

    John
    John, Sep 29, 2006