    with sipgate, but it there better? I currently use a sipura ATA so could
    add a provider for just outgoing calls and keep sipate for incoming.

    Any suggestions would be brill. Thanks
    Just another Dave, Oct 5, 2011

  2. Just another Dave

    Soruk Guest

    On 2011-10-05, Just another Dave <> wrote:
    > I currently have a sipgate account, but no credit on it. I am looking at
    > moving to another VOIP provider, but it seems a minefield of providers out
    > there and which one do I choose? Or would I just be better staying with
    > sipgate and sticking some more credit on? I only make local calls and would
    > like a 01 local number for local people to call me. I already have this
    > with sipgate, but it there better? I currently use a sipura ATA so could
    > add a provider for just outgoing calls and keep sipate for incoming.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be brill. Thanks

    I've had excellent results with Localphone, and their UK rate is 0.8p/min
    inc VAT with no connection fee.

    If you sign up through http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/voip/ I get a small
    referral bonus - and there's a voucher code there that'll get you an extra 20%
    (effectively, get your VAT back) on your first top-up, bringing the call rate
    to 0.7p/min (and 5p/min to mobiles).

    They charge for incoming call numbers (except iNum) but as you said you can
    keep your Sipgate number for incoming calls and just route outgoing calls
    over Localphone.

    Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
    Soruk, Oct 5, 2011

  3. Just another Dave

    Bodincus Guest

    (05/10/11 10:14), Just another Dave:
    > I currently have a sipgate account, but no credit on it. I am looking at
    > moving to another VOIP provider, but it seems a minefield of providers out
    > there and which one do I choose? Or would I just be better staying with
    > sipgate and sticking some more credit on? I only make local calls and would
    > like a 01 local number for local people to call me. I already have this
    > with sipgate, but it there better? I currently use a sipura ATA so could
    > add a provider for just outgoing calls and keep sipate for incoming.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be brill. Thanks

    Hi Dave,

    I'm afraid the words "cheap", "reliable" and "VoIP" in the same sentence
    do not compute.

    You can have cheap (Betamax clones et al, forget reliability and dig
    yourself deep into kludges) or reliable (but not cheap).

    Sipgate is really your best bet, you can't beat a free DID, decently
    cheap outgoing calls and good - not excellent tho - reliability.

    If you want more incoming numbers for free-nought-nil, pop over to
    www.ukddi.com.
    No vested interest at all, au contraire... I'm a VoIP provider myself,
    but on the side of "Reliability" and "Quality", so not "cheap".

    Cheers
    --
    ßodincµs - The Y2K Druid
    Bodincus, Oct 5, 2011
  4. Per Just another Dave:
    > I am looking at
    >moving to another VOIP provider, but it seems a minefield of providers out
    >there and which one do I choose?

    Dunno about UK, but in the USA CallCentric has been working a-ok
    for me for something like a year now.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Oct 5, 2011
  5. Just another Dave

    Bodincus Guest

    (05/10/11 14:16), www.GymRatZ.co.uk:
    > On 05/10/2011 11:33, Bodincus wrote:
    >> (05/10/11 10:14), Just another Dave:

    > I thought you'd left this group.
    >
    > ;¬)

    Me too.

    :p
    --
    ßodincµs - The Y2K Druid
    Bodincus, Oct 5, 2011
  6. "www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    > On 05/10/2011 10:14, Just another Dave wrote:
    >> I currently have a sipgate account, but no credit on it. I am looking at
    >> moving to another VOIP provider, but it seems a minefield of providers
    >> out
    >> there and which one do I choose? Or would I just be better staying with
    >> sipgate and sticking some more credit on? I only make local calls and
    >> would
    >> like a 01 local number for local people to call me. I already have this
    >> with sipgate, but it there better? I currently use a sipura ATA so
    >> could
    >> add a provider for just outgoing calls and keep sipate for incoming.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be brill. Thanks

    > For all their sins the betamax clones are great if you keep an eye on
    > their pricing and play them at their own game..
    > The only thing to be aware of is their calls get rounded up to the next
    > minute but if you top up with the minimum £10 you get free calls to MANY
    > countries including the UK GEOgraphic numbers for 3 months or more.
    > voipcheap.co.uk (at the moment) their price to UK mobiles is about the
    > cheapest @ 3p/minute (or thereabouts).
    >
    > I have switched between voipcheap.com, smslist.com, smartvoip.com, and
    > now voipcheap.co.uk (all betamax variations) for outgoing calls from our
    > shop as most are mobile calls. This uses up credit (slowly) which keeps
    > landline calls free.
    >
    > I also use voipfone.co.uk for main incoming numbers and for dialing
    > non-geographic numbers 0800, 0500, 0845 etc which can be more expensive
    > when called through betamax.
    > I too have a few sipgate numbers for inbound calls and at home and on
    > various web-sites etc so keep your sipgate with no credit for inbound
    > and work out the best opton for outbound.
    >
    > http://backsla.sh/betamax
    > Gives price comparison between all the betamax variations.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Pete

    That's what I was going to post, so that's saved me some typing.

    +1 as they say on social networks.

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    news.eternal-september.org, Oct 5, 2011
  7. Just another Dave

    Guest

    , Oct 7, 2011
  8. Just another Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Soruk" <> wrote in message
    > On 2011-10-05, Just another Dave <> wrote:
    >> I currently have a sipgate account, but no credit on it. I am looking at
    >> moving to another VOIP provider, but it seems a minefield of providers
    >> out
    >> there and which one do I choose? Or would I just be better staying with
    >> sipgate and sticking some more credit on? I only make local calls and
    >> would
    >> like a 01 local number for local people to call me. I already have this
    >> with sipgate, but it there better? I currently use a sipura ATA so
    >> could
    >> add a provider for just outgoing calls and keep sipate for incoming.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be brill. Thanks

    > I've had excellent results with Localphone, and their UK rate is 0.8p/min
    > inc VAT with no connection fee.
    >
    > If you sign up through http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/voip/ I get a
    > small
    > referral bonus - and there's a voucher code there that'll get you an extra
    > 20%
    > (effectively, get your VAT back) on your first top-up, bringing the call
    > rate
    > to 0.7p/min (and 5p/min to mobiles).
    >
    > They charge for incoming call numbers (except iNum) but as you said you
    > can
    > keep your Sipgate number for incoming calls and just route outgoing calls
    > over Localphone.
    >
    > --
    > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    > MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
    > Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
    > Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    Looks like localphone.com might be another scam ! - watch out !!
    Dave, Oct 17, 2011
  9. Just another Dave

    News Reader Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message news:j7h26s$vka$...

    > "Soruk" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2011-10-05, Just another Dave <> wrote:
    >>> I currently have a sipgate account, but no credit on it. I am looking
    >>> at
    >>> moving to another VOIP provider, but it seems a minefield of providers
    >>> out
    >>> there and which one do I choose? Or would I just be better staying with
    >>> sipgate and sticking some more credit on? I only make local calls and
    >>> would
    >>> like a 01 local number for local people to call me. I already have this
    >>> with sipgate, but it there better? I currently use a sipura ATA so
    >>> could
    >>> add a provider for just outgoing calls and keep sipate for incoming.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions would be brill. Thanks

    >> I've had excellent results with Localphone, and their UK rate is 0.8p/min
    >> inc VAT with no connection fee.
    >>
    >> If you sign up through http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/voip/ I get a
    >> small
    >> referral bonus - and there's a voucher code there that'll get you an
    >> extra 20%
    >> (effectively, get your VAT back) on your first top-up, bringing the call
    >> rate
    >> to 0.7p/min (and 5p/min to mobiles).
    >>
    >> They charge for incoming call numbers (except iNum) but as you said you
    >> can
    >> keep your Sipgate number for incoming calls and just route outgoing calls
    >> over Localphone.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    >> MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
    >> Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
    >> Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    > Looks like localphone.com might be another scam ! - watch out !!

    Hi,

    Any particular thoughts or concerns?

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Oct 17, 2011
  10. Just another Dave

    Dave Guest

    >> Looks like localphone.com might be another scam ! - watch out !!

    > Hi,
    >

    > Any particular thoughts or concerns?
    >

    > Best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    Just google localphone+scam and look their facebook page.......
    Dave, Oct 17, 2011
  11. Just another Dave

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:15:13 UTC, "Dave" <> wrote:

    > >> Looks like localphone.com might be another scam ! - watch out !!

    > > Hi,
    > >

    > > Any particular thoughts or concerns?
    > >

    > > Best wishes,
    > >

    > > News Reader
    > >

    > Just google localphone+scam and look their facebook page.......

    There is a difference between "localphone" and "local phone" :) Been
    using them for a couple of years now. Customer service does come back
    to you - eventually - and they do try and fix problems. Shame about no
    phone number though.
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville
    Dave Saville, Oct 18, 2011
  12. Just another Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message

    >> > Hi,
    >> >

    >> > Any particular thoughts or concerns?
    >> >

    >> > Best wishes,
    >> >

    >> > News Reader
    >> >

    >> Just google localphone+scam and look their facebook page.......

    > There is a difference between "localphone" and "local phone" :) Been
    > using them for a couple of years now. Customer service does come back
    > to you - eventually - and they do try and fix problems. Shame about no
    > phone number though.
    > --
    > Regards
    > Dave Saville

    I noticed to different name but thought is was the same company. I guess I
    always think SCAM.
    Anyway some of the Facebook posts don't look that good. It's dead easy to
    setup a 'company' to selling/providing SIP etc

    Their office address is shared with some at least 5 other companies as
    well - could be just a mail drop address ??

    Cardwell It Ltd - Website Design And Development
    4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

    Mundy Coutts-Wood - Solicitors
    4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

    Localphone Ltd - Telecommunication Networks
    4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

    Voxbeam Ltd
    4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

    Pricelover Ltd
    4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
    Dave, Oct 18, 2011
  13. Just another Dave

    Dave Guest

    "jonphred" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:34:51 +0100, Dave <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Their office address is shared with some at least 5 other companies as
    >> well - could be just a mail drop address ??
    >>
    >> Cardwell It Ltd - Website Design And Development
    >> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
    >>
    >> Mundy Coutts-Wood - Solicitors
    >> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
    >>
    >> Localphone Ltd - Telecommunication Networks
    >> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
    >>
    >> Voxbeam Ltd
    >> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
    >>
    >> Pricelover Ltd
    >> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
    >>

    > It's very common for the Registered Office of a Ltd Co to be the office of
    > the company's solicitor or accountant (who probably set-up/bought-in the
    > company in the first place). Their "official" correspondence gets sent
    > there for Company Secretarial purposes - and summonses can be served
    > there. The Head Office could be elsewhere (and they may only feel the need
    > to disclose that to suppliers and active customers) but the business of
    > some companies just doesn't involve much snail mail for normal,
    > operational purposes.
    >
    > jonphred

    I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it can
    make it easier to cut and run....
    Dave, Oct 18, 2011
  14. On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:55:26 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    > I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it can
    > make it easier to cut and run....

    I'd day the opposite - having a firm of solicitors as the registered address
    assures that anyone wishing to serve papers on the company will always have
    them received and signed for and that summonses will not be overlooked.
    Anthony R. Gold, Oct 19, 2011
  15. Just another Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Anthony R. Gold" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:55:26 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it
    >> can
    >> make it easier to cut and run....

    > I'd day the opposite - having a firm of solicitors as the registered
    > address
    > assures that anyone wishing to serve papers on the company will always
    > have
    > them received and signed for and that summonses will not be overlooked.

    Yes easy to serve papers but where are the companies premises, assets,
    servers etc IF they go bust. ?
    For example it's to easy to set up web based company 'selling' virtual
    webspace, SIP products, hosted services on servers located off shore with no
    tangible assets other than a UK registered name with a UK solicitor. I don't
    think it's the case with Localphone but something to bear in mind for the
    future....
    Dave, Oct 20, 2011
  16. On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:37:52 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    > "Anthony R. Gold" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:55:26 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it
    >>> can
    >>> make it easier to cut and run....

    >> I'd day the opposite - having a firm of solicitors as the registered
    >> address
    >> assures that anyone wishing to serve papers on the company will always
    >> have
    >> them received and signed for and that summonses will not be overlooked.

    > Yes easy to serve papers but where are the companies premises, assets,
    > servers etc IF they go bust. ?

    Why would it matter to a creditor where the assets were so long as he can
    lodge a claim such that it will be treated by the receiver or liquidator.

    > For example it's to easy to set up web based company 'selling' virtual
    > webspace, SIP products, hosted services on servers located off shore with no
    > tangible assets other than a UK registered name with a UK solicitor. I don't
    > think it's the case with Localphone but something to bear in mind for the
    > future....

    If a company does go bust then any unsecured creditors will almost always get
    nothing at all, regardless of whether the company has a known address for
    premises that are within the UK.
    Anthony R. Gold, Oct 20, 2011
  17. Hi.....I use www.XeloQ.com for years.....pretty good and reasonable prices.
    In business since 2002 and reliable as fas as I know.

    cheers

    Henry Fartknocker III, Nov 11, 2011
  18. Just another Dave

    fonex

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Cheap Reliable Voip

    We are based in Collins Street Melbourne, in the heart of the business district. We are a small team of highly proficient professionals, with a passion for VoIP Technology.
    Our equipment is the very best in the industry, and it is obvious with the sound quality, features, and the pricing for what we offer..

    VoIP for small business, but Companies all over Australia are adopting it into their business and here is why:

    - Save up to 60% on call costs.
    - Forward your calls easily, even overseas.
    - Calling another VoIP Phone is free, even if the phones are in different states, saving lots of money on internal calls.
    - If your moving, you can take your phone number with you.
    - Super cheap International Calls.
    - Fax to Email (Faxes are emailed to you as a PDF Document)
    - Voicemail to Email (Voicemail is emailed to you as a Sound File)
    - Have a local phone line in each state (Remove your 1300 number for good)

    We ask you spend a few minutes looking at our website fonex.com.au familiarizing yourselves with VoIP and what we offer
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    fonex, Jan 30, 2013