  1. Ewan Carling

    Ewan Carling Guest

    Does anyone know of any relatively cheap, unobtrusive, PC-based firewalls?
    Ewan Carling, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Ewan Carling

    donutbandit Guest

    donutbandit, Jan 24, 2004

  3. "Ewan Carling" <> wrote in message
    news:butjaj$ch6$...
    > Does anyone know of any relatively cheap, unobtrusive, PC-based firewalls?

    For a single machine, or a network?

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Jan 24, 2004
  4. I'm impressed with Sygate.
    I've used an earlier, slightly-crippled rendition bunded
    with System Suite. The current free version is more capable.
    It seems safe, fast, well-designed, and thorough.

    Richard

    Richard Steinfeld, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Ewan Carling

    Ben Measures Guest

    "Ewan Carling" <> wrote in
    >Does anyone know of any relatively cheap, unobtrusive, PC-based
    >firewalls?

    If you want a proper standalone firewall protecting your network then
    take a look at www.smoothwall.org. Easy to setup, administer, secure and
    update.

    --
    Ben M.