cheap microsoft

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rowdy Yates, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    <rant>
    so how much do you think microsoft corp. makes a year from their
    certification progam(s)? the moc's, exams, books, the whole kunandrum.
    probably a lot of cash, right.

    so i get the mcsa 2003 kit in the mail. everything is exactly the same as
    2000 kit. the only thing that's different is that on the actual cert, they
    bothered to replace the "0" at the end of "2000" with a "3" to read "2003".

    you would think they could afford to make new 2003 lapel pin's and/or give
    you a different looking card. hey, maybe even re-design the cert a bit as
    well. just a thought....;-(
    </rant>

    the last super model i picked up in the bar with my lapel pins didn't
    believe me that i had a 2003 cert. she wanted to see a lapel pin as proof.
    what am i going to do now Billy G.?

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    -------------------------------
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 7, 2004

  2. I didn't know you actually studied for anything..
    I usually only see offtopic replies and flames [like this one]
    (hee hee no offense)

    Congrats, Rowdy

    As for the new lapel pin, ask her if she can tell the difference between a
    vintage 1947 and a 1950 wine, and bring her back to your place if she can't
    and show the new certificate there.

    Sartan Dragonbane, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > the last super model i picked up in the bar with my lapel pins didn't
    > believe me that i had a 2003 cert. she wanted to see a lapel pin as
    > proof. what am i going to do now Billy G.?

    this is the very reason I keep a copy of my transcript on me at all
    times...

    :)

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    oh yeah. i study. currently prepping for the 70-296. :)

    i originally came here and tried to use this place for study info. then i
    never quite left. don't know why...?

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    -------------------------------
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Jose Saamuel Guest

    I was thinking of doing the tests....but now perhaps I'll wait till they
    design new pins
    Jose

    Jose Saamuel, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Rowdy Yates

    Brat Guest

    lol I did the same thing 3 years ago? oy

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Rowdy Yates

    LnkWizard Guest

    I did the reverse, got my certs then came here for assistance and got hooked

    ---
    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    ---

    LnkWizard, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    "LnkWizard" <> wrote in

    > I did the reverse, got my certs then came here for assistance and got
    > hooked

    ditto...

    I think this is a serious addiction...

    "Hello, my name is Neil"

    so what's the 12 step plan?

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 7, 2004
  9. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    "Jose Saamuel" <> wrote in news:#9ln7GHHEHA.712
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > I was thinking of doing the tests....but now perhaps I'll wait till they
    > design new pins

    actually the current ones still work very well at attracting the opposite
    sex (that's what I get, the opposite of sex)

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 8, 2004
  10. Rowdy Yates

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "actually the current ones still work very well at attracting the opposite
    sex (that's what I get, the opposite of sex)"

    LOL, good one.

    --
    I may not be fully certified, but I am fully certifiable.

    TechGeekPro, Apr 8, 2004
  11. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in news:uNZsF7YHEHA.2612
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > good one.

    yes I'd like a good one...

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 8, 2004
  12. circa Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:31:00 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates (rowdy_yates2
    @remove.lycos.com) said,
    > <rant>
    > so how much do you think microsoft corp. makes a year from their
    > certification progam(s)? the moc's, exams, books, the whole kunandrum.
    > probably a lot of cash, right.

    Actually, you're totally off the mark there. Trust me, no matter how
    much you think it costs to build the exams, the certification
    programs and the courseware, you're *way* under what it actually
    costs.

    BTW, a _conundrum_ is a puzzle. A riddle. A problem with no solution.
    But it's not whatever you apparently think it is. :)

    Laura
    --
    I am Dyslexia of Borg,
    Your ass will be laminated.
    Laura A. Robinson, Apr 9, 2004
  13. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Laura A. Robinson <> wrote in

    > circa Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:31:00 -0700, in
    > microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates (rowdy_yates2
    > @remove.lycos.com) said,
    >> <rant>
    >> so how much do you think microsoft corp. makes a year from their
    >> certification progam(s)? the moc's, exams, books, the whole kunandrum.
    >> probably a lot of cash, right.
    >>

    > Actually, you're totally off the mark there. Trust me, no matter how
    > much you think it costs to build the exams, the certification
    > programs and the courseware, you're *way* under what it actually
    > costs.
    >
    > BTW, a _conundrum_ is a puzzle. A riddle. A problem with no solution.
    > But it's not whatever you apparently think it is. :)
    >
    > Laura

    damn. now i got to look "conundrum" up.

    Rowdy Yates
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"
    --
    Visit Rowdy's Home Page
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 9, 2004