    Australia Mate!
    I went out and did a little shopping today and managed to pick up a green uv SATA cable, green uv round ide cable with 2 connectors, green uv molex connectors + depinner and 2 metres clearflex60 tubing for my water cooling for just $35 AU :D For me this is a bargain cos I usually have to pay full retail but now that I am an admin for a local LAN we get discount from the sponsors ;)
    I also managed to get some Nulon Ultra Cool to go in the water for my WC setup so now all I need is the pump and a new case to get hacking into. MAY be able to pickup a case locally tommorow but might have to order one online :? Either way, within 2 weeks you should be able to see my half modded new case and WC setup :D
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 18, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I thought you already had the case, the one with the bars on the front? What happened with that?
    The Modfather, Sep 18, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    No no no, I hadn't got it yet. Sorry for any confusion. I tried to get it online and they were outta stock and it was gonna take 2 weeks and I need it before then for a LAN party coming up in 2 weeks. Now I have to found somewhere to get it quick or something similar that's local. I'm thinking about the Centurion 1 which think I can get locally because it still has a very similar and neat design and I can still add the custom res's to the front without too much hassle as well as making room for front and rear 120mm's. It's a little extra work but Will probably be more fun to say hey, I did that ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 18, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Coolermaster thick Aliminium cases are great... speciall for lans... i hate the side panels though, they scrtach the Bottom of the case i will get a photo to show u. u dont see it though.
    i am going to be making a Case. i need to get all the gear first, i have a wielder (its old but will do) i need to get the Metal Bars, i am going to use Acrylic for the Panels :D
    U can get most of the coolermaster cases from a shop here (not sure how long it would take to get though :|)
    By the Way what lan group are u admin of :D
    unholy, Sep 18, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    [pov]lan, it was just a mates thing a little while ago but they have taken it to the next step and since I am a friend of theres they are making me an admin for the coming LAN where we have actually hired out a hall which we haven't done before and also been advertising it locally. We also have ~$200 worth of prizes to give away and hope for around 40-50 people for attendance.
    And what exactly does a wielder do? :p
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 18, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    wield Audio pronunciation of "wielder" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wld)
    tr.v. wield·ed, wield·ing, wields
    1. To handle (a weapon or tool, for example) with skill and ease.
    2. To exercise (authority or influence, for example) effectively. See Synonyms at handle.
    :p
    Did u have to sign a contact thingy for insurance???
    unholy, Sep 18, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Yes, I am not allowed to make physical 'contact' with anyone :p
    Seriously though, I did not have to sign a contract or anything like that. I'm like a helper for setup and packup and aid people during the night.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 19, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    :p stop annoying me i was up late :p
    anyways could u find out if u did... i would like to know... even if one of ur friends did :D
    unholy, Sep 19, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    From what I know, no one has signed anything. How come?
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 19, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    because my parents are like... No u cant hire a place out without signing a contract for insurance. ramble ramble ramble... blah blah blah, so u must be 18 to sign that contract.... and i was like, no other people i know has signed a contract to hire out places! :p
    unholy, Sep 19, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Just to make sure, I will ask him and get a 100% legit answer to proove your parents wrong ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 19, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    :D :D thx :D :D
    unholy, Sep 20, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Bad news, you DO have to be over 18 and he did sign something and it's better if you are over 25 for insurance reasons. Sorry mate, looks like you'll have to wait a couple years before hiring a venue or get and older friend ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 21, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    :(... *cries*
    unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    LAN parties can be fun at Big Al's Computers...

    There's always the possibility of a LAN party at Big Al's Computers! Why do you think I built so many machines? We enjoy gaming on occasion. When we get together with our Marine friend, we play FPS games, like Call of Duty.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    bigal, Sep 21, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    dam u u have a ping pong tables :p
    yer i guess we will just have to run out of one of our sheds or the 3 car garage.
    unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Does Big Al pay airfair and put us up while we're visiting for his lan parties? :)
    The Modfather, Sep 21, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yes, I have a ping pong table. And I play real well, even taking into account my bad right wrist. I hold the paddle inbetween two fingers, not along the handle part. It's the one sport I play at a high level - pool is another favorite of mine, but I don't play that as well. Having a problem with my lower back makes bending over when lining up a pool shot sometimes painful.
    Anyway, regarding airfair, you're on your own....nice try though.
    bigal, Sep 22, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah but, CMG gave all these guys free crap and I didn't get nothin'. I gotta win me something darnit! :)
    The Modfather, Sep 22, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Ping Pong rocks! Let's all get drunk and play ping pong! :p I think pool is better though. Too bad I don't have either a ping pong table or a pool table :(
    XhArD, Sep 23, 2005