    $60 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.

    If anybody can point me in the direction of a cheap freight/courier
    company i'd appreciate it.
    Squiggle, Dec 17, 2008

  2. Squiggle

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Squiggle" <> wrote in message
    news:4948a72b$...
    > Can anybody recommend a company that does cheap freigth of smallish
    > packages from Australia? Thinking about getting some stuff on Ebay, but
    > unfortunately the freight costs are just ridiculous. $120 freight on a
    > $60 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.
    >
    > If anybody can point me in the direction of a cheap freight/courier
    > company i'd appreciate it.

    I'd bring it over for ya for nothing, but I'm leaving tonight...
    Tony in Oz, Dec 17, 2008

  3. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    Tony in Oz wrote:
    > "Squiggle" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anybody recommend a company that does cheap freigth of smallish
    >> packages from Australia? Thinking about getting some stuff on Ebay, but
    >> unfortunately the freight costs are just ridiculous. $120 freight on a
    >> $60 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.
    >>
    >> If anybody can point me in the direction of a cheap freight/courier
    >> company i'd appreciate it.

    > I'd bring it over for ya for nothing, but I'm leaving tonight...

    cheers for the offer, but this may be an ongoing thing. :)
    Squiggle, Dec 17, 2008
  4. Squiggle

    Mike Dee Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:15:54 +1300, Squiggle wrote:

    > Can anybody recommend a company that does cheap freigth of smallish
    > packages from Australia? Thinking about getting some stuff on Ebay, but
    > unfortunately the freight costs are just ridiculous. $120 freight on a $60
    > 1RU router that weighs all of 7kg or so.

    Thet's just f*scking rediculous! Try aussie post (click "International
    charges" link and work it out for 7kg). And they *can't be* the cheapest.

    <http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/>

    Most expensive rate with Aussie post is $103 for 7500 gms (but it does
    look like about $70+ at lowest rate with AP).

    Somebody wants to charge you P&H :-(

    Cheers.

    --
    dee