    Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
    Telcos?

    cheers
    Martin, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Martin

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:13:01 +1300, "Martin" <>
    exclaimed:

    >Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
    >Telcos?

    Hi, Martin.

    Please check the archives. This is the third time this has been asked
    (and answered) in a couple of weeks.

    You will find that people will start to get very grumpy if you can't
    do a Google Groups search before asking a question.

    eg:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz sms gateways
    Fred Dagg, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Martin

    thingy Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:13:01 +1300, "Martin" <>
    > exclaimed:
    >

    >>Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
    >>Telcos?
    >>

    > Hi, Martin.
    >
    > Please check the archives. This is the third time this has been asked
    > (and answered) in a couple of weeks.
    >
    > You will find that people will start to get very grumpy if you can't
    > do a Google Groups search before asking a question.
    >
    > eg:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz sms gateways

    Translate this into Fred Dagg will get grumpy....

    ;]

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Martin

    frederick Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:13:01 +1300, "Martin" <>
    > exclaimed:
    >

    >>Are there any cheap and reliable local services or do I need to call the
    >>Telcos?
    >>

    > Hi, Martin.
    >
    > Please check the archives. This is the third time this has been asked
    > (and answered) in a couple of weeks.
    >
    > You will find that people will start to get very grumpy if you can't
    > do a Google Groups search before asking a question.
    >
    > eg:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz sms gateways

    I was one of the others who asked, and I'm not grumpy at Martin. He
    asked for cheap and reliable SMS gateway services, and unless I'm wrong
    and someone can direct him (and me) to such a provider, then I'm left
    with the conclusion that because of Telecom, such a thing doesn't exist.
    SMS to telecom = >400% more expensive than Vodaphone. SMS to Vodaphone,
    still expensive by world standards.
    frederick, Feb 23, 2006
  5. Martin

    Tony Guest

    http://clickatell.com
    Tony, Feb 23, 2006
  6. Martin

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Feb 23, 2006
  7. Martin

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:54:02 +1300, frederick <>
    exclaimed:

    >> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz sms gateways

    >I was one of the others who asked, and I'm not grumpy at Martin. He
    >asked for cheap and reliable SMS gateway services, and unless I'm wrong
    >and someone can direct him (and me) to such a provider, then I'm left
    >with the conclusion that because of Telecom, such a thing doesn't exist.
    >SMS to telecom = >400% more expensive than Vodaphone. SMS to Vodaphone,
    >still expensive by world standards.

    Yup. Welcome to the world of Telecom. Unfortunately things will never
    change.

    At least it's not as bad as the Cook Islands. CI Telecom is owned
    60/40 by the Telecom NZ and the CI Government, and they're internet
    services are massively expensive. As in $5 per hour for really slow
    dialup expensive.

    The layout of Rarotonga is such that it would be incredibly easy to
    setup wireless covering the whole island, but nobody can - the
    government has legislated it illegal to compete!! That's right, only
    one telecommunications provider is allowed on the island, and that's
    owned by our friendly telecom and their government!

    Remarkable.
    Fred Dagg, Feb 23, 2006
  8. Martin

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:19:32 +1300, Fred Dagg <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:54:02 +1300, frederick <>
    >exclaimed:
    >
    >>> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=nz sms gateways

    >>I was one of the others who asked, and I'm not grumpy at Martin. He
    >>asked for cheap and reliable SMS gateway services, and unless I'm wrong
    >>and someone can direct him (and me) to such a provider, then I'm left
    >>with the conclusion that because of Telecom, such a thing doesn't exist.
    >>SMS to telecom = >400% more expensive than Vodaphone. SMS to Vodaphone,
    >>still expensive by world standards.

    >Yup. Welcome to the world of Telecom. Unfortunately things will never
    >change.
    >
    >At least it's not as bad as the Cook Islands. CI Telecom is owned
    >60/40 by the Telecom NZ and the CI Government, and they're internet
    >services are massively expensive. As in $5 per hour for really slow
    >dialup expensive.
    >
    >The layout of Rarotonga is such that it would be incredibly easy to
    >setup wireless covering the whole island, but nobody can - the
    >government has legislated it illegal to compete!! That's right, only
    >one telecommunications provider is allowed on the island, and that's
    >owned by our friendly telecom and their government!
    >
    >Remarkable.

    What a great opportunity, let's get a ship and anchor it outside there
    12 mile limit :)
    Bret, Feb 23, 2006
  9. Martin

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:38:33 +1300, Bret <> exclaimed:

    >>The layout of Rarotonga is such that it would be incredibly easy to
    >>setup wireless covering the whole island, but nobody can - the
    >>government has legislated it illegal to compete!! That's right, only
    >>one telecommunications provider is allowed on the island, and that's
    >>owned by our friendly telecom and their government!
    >>
    >>Remarkable.

    >What a great opportunity, let's get a ship and anchor it outside there
    >12 mile limit :)

    But we'd still be "providing" telecommunication services to the
    island...

    As an example, satellite wireless internet services are not allowed to
    operate.

    Don't get the wrong idea about the islands, they are an incredibly
    free and happy place. The problem is, it appears that corruption is
    rampant in their government, and this is just one example of the sort
    of self-serving rules they are continually hit with.
    Fred Dagg, Feb 23, 2006
  10. hi we can offer you what your looking for - an email to sms gateway -
    get intouch with me on pinakint(at)hotmail.com , pinakint(at)gmail.com
    , or pinakin (at) cellent.com - im sure wel be abl to help u my friend
    :)
    Global Bulk SMS, Feb 24, 2006
  11. Martin

    David Guest

    Global Bulk SMS wrote:
    > hi we can offer you what your looking for - an email to sms gateway -
    > get intouch with me on pinakint(at)hotmail.com , pinakint(at)gmail.com
    > , or pinakin (at) cellent.com - im sure wel be abl to help u my friend
    > :)

    WTF.
    David, Feb 25, 2006