    Is there anything like that on the market? I like very much the EOS
    20D, but it goes at three times the budget I can afford to allocate :)

    nw

    NatHwylc, Jan 26, 2006

  2. NatHwylc

    Scott W Guest

    NatHwylc wrote:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > I was looking for a not too costly (say around $500) digital reflex
    > camera.
    >
    > Is there anything like that on the market? I like very much the EOS
    > 20D, but it goes at three times the budget I can afford to allocate :)
    >
    > nw

    If you like the 20D but don't have the budget you might look at the
    Nikon D50 or the Canon 350D.

    Scott

    Scott W, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Scott W wrote:
    > NatHwylc wrote:
    >
    >>Hallo,
    >>
    >>I was looking for a not too costly (say around $500) digital reflex
    >>camera.
    >>
    >>Is there anything like that on the market? I like very much the EOS
    >>20D, but it goes at three times the budget I can afford to allocate :)
    >>
    >>nw

    > If you like the 20D but don't have the budget you might look at the
    > Nikon D50 or the Canon 350D.
    >
    > Scott

    Or the Konica Minolta 5D - I have recently bought one and it's proving
    very good so far. It's about GBP 480 in the UK, don't know the US price,
    probably the same in dollars, things are usually more expensive in the
    UK :-(

    HTH

    David.

    --
    David Chamberlin,
    Cambridge, UK.

    David Chamberlin, Jan 26, 2006
  4. NatHwylc

    Mark Guest

    "David Chamberlin" <"dc at revdc dot net"> wrote in message
    > Scott W wrote:

    > Or the Konica Minolta 5D - I have recently bought one and it's proving
    > very good so far. It's about GBP 480 in the UK, don't know the US price,
    > probably the same in dollars, things are usually more expensive in the UK
    > :-(
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > David.

    Looks like $600-$700 depending where you buy it.

    Mark, Jan 26, 2006
  5. NatHwylc

    Flavius Guest

    Olympus E-20N, true you can't change lenes, but it's a darn NICE camera.

    Check out KEH.com they have great prices.

    Flavius, Jan 26, 2006
  6. NatHwylc

    Pat Guest

    At that price, you might want to check out the reputable places (B&H,
    etc.) and see if there's anything used that interests you.

    Pat, Jan 26, 2006
  7. NatHwylc

    Matt Ion Guest

    NatHwylc wrote:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > I was looking for a not too costly (say around $500) digital reflex
    > camera.
    >
    > Is there anything like that on the market? I like very much the EOS
    > 20D, but it goes at three times the budget I can afford to allocate :)

    You might be able to find a used 300D (original Digital Rebel) in that
    price range...

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0604-3, 01/26/2006
    Tested on: 1/26/2006 10:43:57 AM

    Matt Ion, Jan 26, 2006
  8. NatHwylc

    Guest

    NatHwylc wrote:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > I was looking for a not too costly (say around $500) digital reflex
    > camera.
    >
    > Is there anything like that on the market? I like very much the EOS
    > 20D, but it goes at three times the budget I can afford to allocate :)

    If you are realy on a budget, then I would suggest looking at the
    Pentax *ist-DL.
    My reasoning is simple: the camera itself is not very expensive new
    (and with the manufactureres waranty) and there are literaly thousands
    of K mount lenses that can be bought cheaply on the second hand market
    (eBay, pawnbrokers, etc).
    You would also not be locked into buying only the dearer AF lenses
    (like Canon, when it killed the FD mount to go with EOS) and can also
    use M42 lenses (with a M42 to K adapter) in aperture priority or manual
    exposure with no problems.
    The only possible reason to go with an Canon EOS DSLR camera when on a
    tight budget is if you already own an EOS film SLR camera and some
    lenses for it; then the EOS 350D is the obvious choise.

    , Jan 26, 2006
  9. NatHwylc

    Stewy Guest

    In article <43d90003$0$6966$>,
    David Chamberlin <"dc at revdc dot net"> wrote:

    > Scott W wrote:
    > > NatHwylc wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hallo,
    > >>
    > >>I was looking for a not too costly (say around $500) digital reflex
    > >>camera.
    > >>
    > >>Is there anything like that on the market? I like very much the EOS
    > >>20D, but it goes at three times the budget I can afford to allocate :)
    > >>
    > >>nw

    > > If you like the 20D but don't have the budget you might look at the
    > > Nikon D50 or the Canon 350D.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > >

    > Or the Konica Minolta 5D - I have recently bought one and it's proving
    > very good so far. It's about GBP 480 in the UK, don't know the US price,
    > probably the same in dollars, things are usually more expensive in the
    > UK :-(

    Check up on used Fuji S7000s. These were top-of-the-line nearDSLR until
    the 9000 appeared - I'll bet many 5200 or 7000 owners have upgraded.
    With it's 6x zoom (35-210mm eqivalent) and 6.3 megapixels it's a
    stand-alone without the temptation or need to buy extra lenses.

    Stewy, Jan 28, 2006