    Any ideas gratefully received,

    David
    , Jan 30, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    Hi,

    I'm looking for a really cheap digital camera in the UK. I want the
    camera to take pictures to put up on websites and for selling stuff on
    eBay. For this reason I must have the facility to take good close-up
    pictures of small items. I already have 2 film cameras and a camera in
    my phone but this is basically hopeless for closeups. I intend to buy
    an EOS 20D in the long term so I really don't want to spend more than
    £50 (unless I absolutely have to in order to obtain the close-up /
    macro facility I need).

    Some of the compact Nikon's have very good macro capabilities.
    Charles Schuler, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Eatmorepies Guest

    <> wrote in message
    Hi,

    I'm looking for a really cheap digital camera in the UK. I want the
    camera to take pictures to put up on websites and for selling stuff on
    eBay. For this reason I must have the facility to take good close-up
    pictures of small items. I already have 2 film cameras and a camera in
    my phone but this is basically hopeless for closeups. I intend to buy
    an EOS 20D in the long term so I really don't want to spend more than
    £50 (unless I absolutely have to in order to obtain the close-up /
    macro facility I need).

    Any ideas gratefully received,

    You could find a second hand 2Mpixel camera and crop the image if it doesn't
    have the macro facilty you want. A 2Mpixel camera can probably be cropped
    down to 20% and still give the quality you need for eBay. My wife has an
    Olympus C220 that cost £100 new and is now probably worth £30 second hand -
    I guess she has taken 100 pictures on it. (It's not for sale by the way).
    There must be lots of them out there on eBay - it has decent macro facility
    by the way.

    John
    Eatmorepies, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a really cheap digital camera in the UK. I want the
    > camera to take pictures to put up on websites and for selling stuff on
    > eBay. For this reason I must have the facility to take good close-up
    > pictures of small items. I already have 2 film cameras and a camera in
    > my phone but this is basically hopeless for closeups. I intend to buy
    > an EOS 20D in the long term so I really don't want to spend more than
    > £50 (unless I absolutely have to in order to obtain the close-up /
    > macro facility I need).
    >
    > Any ideas gratefully received,
    >
    > David

    Most cameras in the price range you mention are not equiped with
    close-up features, let alone macro. Go ahead and wait for the 20D.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, Jan 31, 2005
  5. Guest

    Um... there seems to be some confusion about what I'm looking for -
    sorry about that. What I want is a really really really cheap digital
    camera, available in the UK, that takes close ups.

    Thanks,

    David
    , Jan 31, 2005
  6. Frank ess Guest

    wrote:
    > Um... there seems to be some confusion about what I'm looking for -
    > sorry about that. What I want is a really really really cheap digital
    > camera, available in the UK, that takes close ups.

    What is the use for the photos? What is cheap? How close is close up?

    I have a < 1MP Intel camera that takes very nice closeups, near macro:
    fills a frame with an in-focus eyeglass lens. Les than thirty USD a
    couple years ago, cheap as dirt now, I'd guess.

    If 640 x 480 is enough for your purposes, look 'em up.
    Frank ess, Feb 1, 2005