    come across this on ebay.co.uk - item 3850813127 (I wont give a link, I dont
    want to spam). Can anyone tell me if Rolar are a good make, and how much
    this camera is actually worth? It just seems too cheap.

    SarahB, Nov 10, 2004

  2. SarahB

    bob Guest

    "SarahB" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hello. I'm looking for a cheap second hand camera for the kids and
    > have come across this on ebay.co.uk - item 3850813127 (I wont give a
    > link, I dont want to spam). Can anyone tell me if Rolar are a good
    > make, and how much this camera is actually worth? It just seems too
    > cheap.

    Never heard of Rolar. Usually ebay technology items are bid for in the last
    few hours of the auction. If you log into ebay, you can search for
    completed sales of similar items.

    If none have sold that's probably a bad sign.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply

    bob, Nov 10, 2004

  3. "SarahB" <> writes:
    > Hello. I'm looking for a cheap second hand camera for the kids and
    > have come across this on ebay.co.uk - item 3850813127 (I wont give a
    > link, I dont want to spam). Can anyone tell me if Rolar are a good
    > make, and how much this camera is actually worth? It just seems too
    > cheap.

    It is impossible to say what its worth. They used to sell for around
    £20 - typically from bargain bins. It is a very simple camera with a
    cheap fixed focus plastic lens and 640 x 480 pixels (0.3 Mpx). Not
    enough pixels to make a decent paper prints, but it may be adequate
    for putting pictures the web.

    I would rate it more than a toy than a camera, but it will take
    photographs. Maybe your kids will have fun using it?
    When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?

    Gisle Hannemyr, Nov 10, 2004