    like that).

    Thanks for your help
    Thush
    Thush, Jun 15, 2005

  2. In my personal case, I'm using www.GoDaddy.com, they're cheap, support .NET,
    Access DB, SQL Server, and a generous disk space. I would recommend to go
    and check it out and you'll have a better idea.

    Victor Guillen, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Thush

    EggHead Guest

    If all you want to do is try out what you learn, why not host IIS and the
    database yourself?
    You can learn a lot most like this, and it is Mickey Mouse to setup the
    server :)

    Egghead

    EggHead, Jun 15, 2005
  4. That's other option. I told that because I have a live website already, but
    there some differences when you work with your own network and with a
    hosting company, examples:

    1. Connection to the database
    2. If they set up any kind of structure to host the site
    just to mention a few

    I really work with both, the live website and my own network. setup IIS is
    really easy (of course, if you know how to do it, is not just a matter of
    click the mouse several times, you must know what you're doing)

    Victor Guillen, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Thush

    EggHead Guest

    Of course, it is different between hosting your own web server and using
    hosting company. However, I think people can learn a lot more to host their
    own web server.
    haha, after all, it is M$ stuff, most of the base stuff can be done by few
    mouse clicks :)

    EggHead, Jun 15, 2005
  6. Yeah bro, just some clicks, but at least, you should know why are you
    setting the server, just to mention something: default documents, go to the
    documents tab and add the "index.aspx" or "default.aspx" if they don't
    exist. I mean, is easy, but at least must know those "basics", as you say

    Victor Guillen, Jun 15, 2005
  7. Thush

    Thush Guest

    Thanks guys!
    Yes, of course I have my own IIS and database...
    But I like to put it on the net... (yes, to show off my skills (or lack of
    it) ) :eek:)

    Btw, is Brinkster still providing free asp.net hosting for developer as
    mentioned in MS Self Paced book? I tried it but couldn't get the app to run.

    Thanks.
    / Thush

    Thush, Jun 16, 2005
  8. I believe that is a trial period, but not free at all

    Victor Guillen, Jun 16, 2005
  9. Thush

    Marc M Guest

    Try the education package