    I think that people should be warned about buying the Tivo as suport has
    stoped and no Freeview guide from forums that I have read, uses the
    Internet to get its EPG, plus its $299 with only a 320GB HD..
    Frank Williams, Apr 7, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-04-07, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > Yes JB-HiFi is selling the DishTV T1050 500GB HD and has dual tuners
    > for $298 free delivery SALE up to the 18th
    >
    > Tried to get the same price from Harvey Norman told No, as they would
    > be loosing $100, this goes against what they have told me in the past
    > that they would match any other price, and it was from a sales man that
    > I know, there list is $444
    >
    > So tried Noel Leeming here done deal no problem.
    >
    > So how come..?

    They reckon the Price is right. They (Noel Leeming) are willing to accept
    your offer.

    > I think that people should be warned about buying the Tivo as suport has
    > stoped and no Freeview guide from forums that I have read, uses the
    > Internet to get its EPG, plus its $299 with only a 320GB HD..

    Thanks for doing that Frank.
    Gordon, Apr 7, 2012

  3. On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 07:42:10 +1200, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >

    >>Yes JB-HiFi is selling the DishTV T1050 500GB HD and has dual tuners
    >>for $298 free delivery SALE up to the 18th
    >>
    >>Tried to get the same price from Harvey Norman told No, as they would
    >>be loosing $100, this goes against what they have told me in the past
    >>that they would match any other price, and it was from a sales man that
    >>I know, there list is $444
    >>
    >>So tried Noel Leeming here done deal no problem.
    >>
    >>So how come..?
    >>

    >>I think that people should be warned about buying the Tivo as suport has
    >>stoped and no Freeview guide from forums that I have read, uses the
    >>Internet to get its EPG, plus its $299 with only a 320GB HD..
    >>

    >I a friend of mine's experience with a Dish STB is anything to go by I
    >would steer clear of it. She went thru 2 Dish STBs in 6 months before
    >she got her money back and bought another brand which has been rock
    >solid. I would go with the TiVo. I have one and it's good..

    Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
    stated that..

    TIVO IS A BIG NO !
    Frank Williams, Apr 8, 2012
  4. On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 07:42:10 +1200, Mutley
    >><> wrote:

    >>>I a friend of mine's experience with a Dish STB is anything to go by I
    >>>would steer clear of it. She went thru 2 Dish STBs in 6 months before
    >>>she got her money back and bought another brand which has been rock
    >>>solid. I would go with the TiVo. I have one and it's good..

    >>Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
    >>stated that..
    >>

    >>TIVO IS A BIG NO !

    >Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
    >can't pickup non FV channels.

    THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
    RECEPTION.

    >It means you can't backup recorded
    >content. In short it's just another control freak set of
    >regulations.

    COPYRIGHT LAWS

    >TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
    >info from that's it not..

    AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
    ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
    CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.

    SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.

    THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.
    Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2012
  5. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-04-08, Mutley <> wrote:
    > Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 07:42:10 +1200, Mutley
    >><> wrote:

    >>>I a friend of mine's experience with a Dish STB is anything to go by I
    >>>would steer clear of it. She went thru 2 Dish STBs in 6 months before
    >>>she got her money back and bought another brand which has been rock
    >>>solid. I would go with the TiVo. I have one and it's good..

    >>Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
    >>stated that..
    >>

    >>TIVO IS A BIG NO !

    > Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
    > can't pickup non FV channels. It means you can't backup recorded
    > content. In short it's just another control freak set of
    > regulations.

    And yet I understood it was nothing more than a virtual brand to help people
    go digital.

    > TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
    > info from that's it not..

    This is another matter in which you may be correct.
    Gordon, Apr 9, 2012
  6. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-04-08, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    [snip]

    > AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
    > ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
    > CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
    >
    > SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
    >
    > THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.

    BABYMASH, is that you?
    Gordon, Apr 9, 2012
  7. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    On 4/9/2012 11:29 AM, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Frank Williams<> wrote:

    >>> Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
    >>> stated that..
    >>>

    >>> TIVO IS A BIG NO !

    >> Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
    >> can't pickup non FV channels.

    > THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
    > RECEPTION.

    There was for some time some asian channels being broadcast from the
    skytower on another mux - as it is a JDA site and free of the kordia
    monopoly that all the other sites have.

    No idea if it is still going. Also one of the hick town broadcasters in
    the south island was talking about going digital but from another site
    so stuffing up anyone that wanted to actually aim their antenna.

    Just because there is no other digital now doesnt mean that it will not
    be coming.

    >> It means you can't backup recorded
    >> content. In short it's just another control freak set of
    >> regulations.

    > COPYRIGHT LAWS

    No, place shifting is fully legit. You can take a VHS with you to
    whereever and watch it. It is like the no 1080 analog output
    requirements, just BS from the broadcasters who should have no say in
    the matter.

    >> TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
    >> info from that's it not..

    > AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
    > ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
    > CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
    >
    > SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
    >
    > THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.

    Hmm, a propper guide instead of the preschool targeted low res piece of
    crap MHEG guide - sounds like a great idea.
    Richard, Apr 9, 2012
  8. On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:07:40 +1200, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
    >>>can't pickup non FV channels.

    >>THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
    >>RECEPTION.
    >>
    >>>It means you can't backup recorded
    >>>content. In short it's just another control freak set of
    >>>regulations.

    >> COPYRIGHT LAWS
    >>
    >>>TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
    >>>info from that's it not..

    >>AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
    >>ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
    >>CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
    >>
    >>SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
    >>
    >>THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.
    >>

    >Frank. Y our a fuckwit and I give up. For what it's worth in
    >Auckland there are at least 6 non FV DTT channels that I can pick up
    >on my non FV approved STB. Try and pick those up on your so called FV
    >approved TV or STB. They won't be there..
    >
    >Also . TiVo allows you to copy via a network package content to and
    >from you TiVo set. If this was "Copyright Laws" as you put it don't
    >you think that the MPAA and FBI would not have closed them down by
    >now?? Most likely they would have raided every registered TiVo
    >network package user as well.
    >
    >Guess your just pissed off because you didn't get a $199 TiVo..

    As I thought all along you just dont know a thing.
    Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2012
  9. On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:07:40 +1200, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:02:55 +1200, Mutley
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Frank. Do you know what Freeview approved means?? It means that you
    >>>can't pickup non FV channels.

    >>THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
    >>RECEPTION.
    >>
    >>>It means you can't backup recorded
    >>>content. In short it's just another control freak set of
    >>>regulations.

    >> COPYRIGHT LAWS
    >>
    >>>TiVo is fine and it is still supported. Not sure where you got that
    >>>info from that's it not..

    >>AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
    >>ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
    >>CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.
    >>
    >>SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.
    >>
    >>THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.
    >>

    >Frank. Y our a fuckwit and I give up. For what it's worth in
    >Auckland there are at least 6 non FV DTT channels that I can pick up
    >on my non FV approved STB. Try and pick those up on your so called FV
    >approved TV or STB. They won't be there..

    Yes but I don't live in that Crap City with all its Pollution.

    The only extra CH is TV33 here on a simple DTV USB stick, the only
    thing I have seen here are 2 OTA cannel's and a MEHEG test one.

    >Also . TiVo allows you to copy via a network package content to and

    Yes but only in SD

    >from you TiVo set. If this was "Copyright Laws" as you put it don't
    >you think that the MPAA and FBI would not have closed them down by
    >now?? Most likely they would have raided every registered TiVo
    >network package user as well.
    >
    >Guess your just pissed off because you didn't get a $199 TiVo..

    No you have been pissed on for having one..
    Frank Williams, Apr 10, 2012
  10. On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:23:50 +1200, Mutlley <>
    wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >

    >>>Also . TiVo allows you to copy via a network package content to and

    >>Yes but only in SD
    >>

    >Wrong. Hd as well..

    A mate has just confirmed it, only to a Tivo not to a PC..

    Where are you getting your info from as you are Totally Wrong.
    Frank Williams, Apr 10, 2012
  11. In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >>On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:23:50 +1200, Mutlley <>
    >>wrote:
    >>>Wrong. Hd as well..

    >>A mate has just confirmed it, only to a Tivo not to a PC..
    >>
    >>Where are you getting your info from as you are Totally Wrong.

    >I have a TiVo They are download as HD files for HD channels . If
    >they were SD how come a 15 minute segment of 3 News was 1.3gig in
    >size??

    You do realise you are trying to have an apprently sane discussion with
    Roger here ? :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 11, 2012
  12. On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:05:56 GMT,
    (Bruce Sinclair)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    >>Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >>>A mate has just confirmed it, only to a Tivo not to a PC..
    >>>
    >>>Where are you getting your info from as you are Totally Wrong.

    >>I have a TiVo They are download as HD files for HD channels . If
    >>they were SD how come a 15 minute segment of 3 News was 1.3gig in
    >>size??

    >You do realise you are trying to have an apprently sane discussion with
    >Roger here ? :)

    Na just some Facts Bruce

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TiVo
    Frank Williams, Apr 11, 2012
  13. In article <jm3rtc$dbd$>, EMB <> wrote:
    >On 11/04/2012 1:27 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:05:56 GMT,
    >> (Bruce Sinclair)
    >> wrote:

    >>> You do realise you are trying to have an apprently sane discussion with
    >>> Roger here ? :)

    >> Na just some Facts Bruce
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TiVo

    >Wikilies and facts are often mutually exclusive Woger. As usual you've
    >managed to give your credibility a good bashing.

    :)

    My attitude to tivo is simple. I neither need nor want it. "They" want to
    control my content. Unacceptable.
    Add to that the extremely limited content available in NZ and it's not even
    a question. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 12, 2012
  14. In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    >> (Bruce Sinclair)

    >wrote:

    (snip)

    >>My attitude to tivo is simple. I neither need nor want it. "They" want to
    >>control my content. Unacceptable.
    >>Add to that the extremely limited content available in NZ and it's not even
    >>a question. :)

    >I don't see how TiVo controls your content..??

    Perhaps something has changed recently ? ... but this was (IIRC :) ) a year
    or so back, offered as a subscription service? As such, they managed the
    hell out of content and I sure wouldn't put anything else anywhere near it.

    Feel free to correct my understandings if necessary. :)

    Thanks
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 16, 2012
  15. In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    > (Bruce Sinclair)
    >wrote:

    >>>wrote:

    >>(snip)
    >>>I don't see how TiVo controls your content..??

    >>Perhaps something has changed recently ? ... but this was (IIRC :) ) a year
    >>or so back, offered as a subscription service? As such, they managed the
    >>hell out of content and I sure wouldn't put anything else anywhere near it.
    >>Feel free to correct my understandings if necessary. :)
    >>Thanks

    >Not in NZ. In the US TiVo is a pay service of a bout $22 / month
    >where the maintenance is controlled by TiVo and the content cable
    >operator but here in NZ once you buy it there's no further payments..

    Thanks for that. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 17, 2012
  16. Tivo PVR

    Can any one tell me where you can get a manual for this and full
    documentation/specifications.

    Plus is the EPG service guaranteed for life, as the main company
    involved with this product has shut there doors.

    A friend and myself have tried for a few hours with out any luck.

    From what I can find out the US site has some 12 User guides for a range
    of models, the Tivo HD seems to be the same as the one here, but the
    one sold here is a Old model and replaced by the Series 4.

    I seen now that Telecom are given them away for free..
    Frank Williams, Apr 17, 2012
  17. On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:01:15 GMT,
    (Bruce Sinclair)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Mutlley <> wrote:
    >> (Bruce Sinclair)
    >>wrote:

    >>>(snip)
    >>>Perhaps something has changed recently ? ... but this was (IIRC :) ) a year
    >>>or so back, offered as a subscription service? As such, they managed the
    >>>hell out of content and I sure wouldn't put anything else anywhere near it.
    >>>Feel free to correct my understandings if necessary. :)
    >>>Thanks

    >>Not in NZ. In the US TiVo is a pay service of a bout $22 / month
    >>where the maintenance is controlled by TiVo and the content cable
    >>operator but here in NZ once you buy it there's no further payments..

    >Thanks for that. :)

    Hi Bruce I think this is a dead product as telecom are given them away
    for free, and it is a Old model, replaced by the Series 4, try and find
    some info here for it you cant..
    Frank Williams, Apr 17, 2012
  18. Frank Williams

    Roger Brown Guest

    Tivo PVR HELP

    Can any one tell me where you can get a manual for this and full
    documentation/specifications.

    Plus is the EPG service guaranteed for life, as the main company
    involved with this product has shut there doors.

    A friend and myself have tried for a few hours with out any luck.

    From what I can find out the US site has some 12 User guides for a range
    of models, the Tivo HD seems to be the same as the one here, but the
    one sold here is a Old model 5 Years and replaced by the Series 4.

    I here now that Telecom are given them away for free..

    So is it realy a good investment..?
    Roger Brown, Apr 18, 2012