    and dead-pixel policy).

    Anyone had any experience with the cheap 17" LCDs?

    TIA.

    Daniel, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Daniel

    JJD Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:15:42 +1300, Daniel <>
    wrote:

    >Looking to a get 17" LCD, obviously looking at the AOCs, CMVs because they are
    >the cheapest on pricespy (and I have to admit, that I'm a bit of a
    >cheap-skate).
    >
    >Not fussed about DVI, internal speakers, or response time. However, I would
    >take into consideration manufacturer warranties (length of warranty
    >and dead-pixel policy).
    >
    >Anyone had any experience with the cheap 17" LCDs?

    I've had a 17" CMV for a year and find it quite good. It has one bad
    pixel from new, but at that time they wouldn't accept one pixel as
    warrantable. They may do now, but what I would strongly recommend
    with any LCD monitor is that you check for dead pixels *before* you
    hand your cash over. Don't let them just show you one the same, it
    must be the unit you are being sold.

    Another thing I find is that, because of the greater brightness,
    compared to CRTs, if you set up levels in a picture, or video, to suit
    the LCD, when you take them to CRT they can be unacceptably dull.

    JJD

    JJD, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Geronimo Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:15:42 +1300, Daniel <> wrote:

    >Looking to a get 17" LCD, obviously looking at the AOCs, CMVs because they are
    >the cheapest on pricespy (and I have to admit, that I'm a bit of a
    >cheap-skate).
    >
    >Not fussed about DVI, internal speakers, or response time. However, I would
    >take into consideration manufacturer warranties (length of warranty
    >and dead-pixel policy).
    >
    >Anyone had any experience with the cheap 17" LCDs?
    >
    >TIA.

    In a OZZ Mag they listed a CMV model as having a Zero rated dud pixel policy,
    I don't think that model is sold here.

    This was some months ago now..

    Geronimo, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Daniel

    PC Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Looking to a get 17" LCD, obviously looking at the AOCs, CMVs because they
    > are
    > the cheapest on pricespy (and I have to admit, that I'm a bit of a
    > cheap-skate).
    >
    > Not fussed about DVI, internal speakers, or response time. However, I
    > would
    > take into consideration manufacturer warranties (length of warranty
    > and dead-pixel policy).
    >
    > Anyone had any experience with the cheap 17" LCDs?
    >
    > TIA.

    Daniel

    Using a CMV 17" here, no dead/stuck pixels, 3yr wty.
    Good view angle, fast response.
    Only 'characteristic' is brightness change as it warms up over the first
    5/10 minutes.
    Set the brightness later in the day and leave it.

    Have had an AOC 15" found it just as good, though colours 'warmer' and no
    'warm up' brilliance change.
    Good view angle, slower response.
    AOC 17" I've installed for clients appear the same as the 15".

    If you can get a DVI interface.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Nov 11, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Looking to a get 17" LCD, obviously looking at the AOCs, CMVs because
    > they are
    > the cheapest on pricespy (and I have to admit, that I'm a bit of a
    > cheap-skate).
    >
    > Not fussed about DVI, internal speakers, or response time. However, I would
    > take into consideration manufacturer warranties (length of warranty
    > and dead-pixel policy).
    >
    > Anyone had any experience with the cheap 17" LCDs?
    >
    > TIA.

    Thanks for the responses :)

    Daniel, Nov 11, 2004