CHDK Now Available For PowerShot A700 Cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by CoolGuy, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. CoolGuy

    CoolGuy Guest

    Preliminary testing is needed by Canon PowerShot A700 owners that want
    to install the CHDK camera enhancement on their cameras.

    Info on CHDK here: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

    You can post your feedback at the suggestions and feedback page:
    http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:CHDK/Suggestions

    The A700 CHDK files are available here: http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/

    For A700 cameras, filename "pre14-a700-100b-144.zip"

    The 100b in the filename stands for firmware version on your camera.
    Refer to the CHDK FAQ on the wiki pages on how to read/retrieve your
    camera's firmware number if you are not sure.

    No harm will ever come to your camera or its firmware by running CHDK.
    If by chance you install the wrong CHDK on your SD card or have the
    wrong firmware version in your camera, the very worst that can happen
    is that your camera will lock-up and you can't power-down the camera.
    Just remove your batteries to reset your camera, and delete the CHDK
    files from your SD card so it doesn't happen when powering-up again.
    Try again later with a revised or correct version of CHDK for your
    camera if you want. Out of the thousands and thousands that are now
    using CHDK only one report of this camera lock-up scenario ever came
    in when someone mistakenly copied the wrong version of CHDK to their
    SD card.

    Read the FAQ
    http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/FAQ
    for installation procedure.

    Be sure to read the usage page
    http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/HDK_firmware_usage
    for how to navigate and use the multitudes of features in CHDK. With
    so many new features now available it can be quite confusing to the
    first-time user. It's like getting a whole new camera with features
    and options that are more advanced than the most cutting-edge dSLR.

    CoolGuy, Jul 27, 2007

  2. CoolGuy

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:49:35 -0500, ASAAR wrote:
    (not really!)

    > . . .
    > Thanks for posting this. I have one of these cameras and wanted to
    > try using CHDK.

    Just another forgery from the sock puppet trolls, ID'd on the :

    ASAAR, Jul 27, 2007

  3. CoolGuy

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:12:18 GMT, "CoolGuy" <>
    wrote:

    >Preliminary testing is needed by Canon PowerShot A700 owners that want
    >to install the CHDK camera enhancement on their cameras.
    >
    >Info on CHDK here: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
    >
    >You can post your feedback at the suggestions and feedback page:
    >http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:CHDK/Suggestions
    >
    >The A700 CHDK files are available here: http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/
    >
    >For A700 cameras, filename "pre14-a700-100b-144.zip"
    >
    >The 100b in the filename stands for firmware version on your camera.
    >Refer to the CHDK FAQ on the wiki pages on how to read/retrieve your
    >camera's firmware number if you are not sure.
    >
    >No harm will ever come to your camera or its firmware by running CHDK.
    >If by chance you install the wrong CHDK on your SD card or have the
    >wrong firmware version in your camera, the very worst that can happen
    >is that your camera will lock-up and you can't power-down the camera.
    >Just remove your batteries to reset your camera, and delete the CHDK
    >files from your SD card so it doesn't happen when powering-up again.
    >Try again later with a revised or correct version of CHDK for your
    >camera if you want. Out of the thousands and thousands that are now
    >using CHDK only one report of this camera lock-up scenario ever came
    >in when someone mistakenly copied the wrong version of CHDK to their
    >SD card.
    >
    >Read the FAQ
    > http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/FAQ
    >for installation procedure.
    >
    >Be sure to read the usage page
    > http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/HDK_firmware_usage
    >for how to navigate and use the multitudes of features in CHDK. With
    >so many new features now available it can be quite confusing to the
    >first-time user. It's like getting a whole new camera with features
    >and options that are more advanced than the most cutting-edge dSLR.

    Thanks for posting this. I have one of these cameras and wanted to
    try using CHDK. I've heard a lot about it but was always too scared
    it might break my very expensive camera. I take medication for my
    psychoses and paranoia, the new medication seem to be working better
    so I can try this CHDK thing now. If only all the same person wasn't
    posting under all these names in this newsgroup all the time I could
    deal with things better. You're not the same person as all the others
    that I know are the same person, are you? If you are, how do I know
    this isn't your plot to get me to break my very expensive camera?
    Great, now I'm scared again. I'll talk to my doctor. Maybe the
    medication isn't working as well as I thought. Just don't be the same
    person, okay?

    ASAAR, Jul 27, 2007
  4. CoolGuy

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:49:35 -0500, ASAAR <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 03:12:18 GMT, "CoolGuy" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Preliminary testing is needed by Canon PowerShot A700 owners that want
    >>to install the CHDK camera enhancement on their cameras.
    >>
    >>Info on CHDK here: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
    >>
    >>You can post your feedback at the suggestions and feedback page:
    >>http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:CHDK/Suggestions
    >>
    >>The A700 CHDK files are available here: http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/
    >>
    >>For A700 cameras, filename "pre14-a700-100b-144.zip"
    >>
    >>The 100b in the filename stands for firmware version on your camera.
    >>Refer to the CHDK FAQ on the wiki pages on how to read/retrieve your
    >>camera's firmware number if you are not sure.
    >>
    >>No harm will ever come to your camera or its firmware by running CHDK.
    >>If by chance you install the wrong CHDK on your SD card or have the
    >>wrong firmware version in your camera, the very worst that can happen
    >>is that your camera will lock-up and you can't power-down the camera.
    >>Just remove your batteries to reset your camera, and delete the CHDK
    >>files from your SD card so it doesn't happen when powering-up again.
    >>Try again later with a revised or correct version of CHDK for your
    >>camera if you want. Out of the thousands and thousands that are now
    >>using CHDK only one report of this camera lock-up scenario ever came
    >>in when someone mistakenly copied the wrong version of CHDK to their
    >>SD card.
    >>
    >>Read the FAQ
    >> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/FAQ
    >>for installation procedure.
    >>
    >>Be sure to read the usage page
    >> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK/HDK_firmware_usage
    >>for how to navigate and use the multitudes of features in CHDK. With
    >>so many new features now available it can be quite confusing to the
    >>first-time user. It's like getting a whole new camera with features
    >>and options that are more advanced than the most cutting-edge dSLR.
    >>

    > Thanks for posting this. I have one of these cameras and wanted to
    >try using CHDK. I've heard a lot about it but was always too scared
    >it might break my very expensive camera. I take medication for my
    >psychoses and paranoia, the new medication seem to be working better
    >so I can try this CHDK thing now. If only all the same person wasn't
    >posting under all these names in this newsgroup all the time I could
    >deal with things better. You're not the same person as all the others
    >that I know are the same person, are you? If you are, how do I know
    >this isn't your plot to get me to break my very expensive camera?
    >Great, now I'm scared again. I'll talk to my doctor. Maybe the
    >medication isn't working as well as I thought. Just don't be the same
    >person, okay?

    Please ignore this forged post from my imposter. That's what my
    doctor told me to call it when I say or do things like this.

    ASAAR, Jul 28, 2007
  5. CoolGuy

    ASAAR Guest

    ASAAR, Jul 28, 2007