CHDK NEWS: SD500 (IXUS700) fw1.01b Now Supported, 3 Extra F/Stops to f/11.0, Shutter Speeds to 1/64,

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ron Anchors, Dec 5, 2007.

  1. Ron Anchors

    Ron Anchors Guest

    Three important news items in the last couple days:

    CHDK is now available for the Canon Powershot SD500 (IXUS700) firmware version
    1.01b, read about it here:

    http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,92.0.html

    F/Stop Override has been discovered and implemented by EWAVR, see the "News"
    section at

    http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

    New shutter speeds as high a 1/64,000 second have been discovered. With in-sync
    flash durations of 1/60,000 if needed. Flash speed may go higher yet, it's still
    being investigated. These new ultra-high shutter-speeds are not available in any
    new builds yet, too many other discoveries by other authors are coming down the
    pike. They can, however, be obtained at this time by using a new uBASIC script
    command to control them with CHDK scripts in conjunction with Fingalo's Build
    #128. These 8 extra shutter speeds above 1/10,000 will be added to a default
    CHDK menu item in future builds when things quiet down enough for all the
    authors to catch up with all that is new. See the "Addendum" portion of this
    Wikia page section for further information on the new ultra-high shutter-speeds:

    http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Samples:...remel-Drill_Shutter.2FFlash_Speed_Test.28s.29

    Ron Anchors, Dec 5, 2007

  2. Ron Anchors

    irwell Guest

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:06:30 -0600, Ron Anchors <>
    wrote:

    >Three important news items in the last couple days:
    >

    >CHDK is now available for the Canon Powershot SD500 (IXUS700) firmware version
    >1.01b, read about it here:
    >
    >http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,92.0.html

    Is there anything for the SD1000 yet?

    irwell, Dec 5, 2007

  3. Ron Anchors

    bugbear Guest

    Re: CHDK NEWS: SD500 (IXUS700) fw1.01b Now Supported, 3 Extra F/Stopsto f/11.0, Shutter Speeds to 1/64,000

    Ron Anchors wrote:
    > Three important news items in the last couple days:
    >

    > CHDK is now available for the Canon Powershot SD500 (IXUS700) firmware version
    > 1.01b, read about it here:
    >
    > http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,92.0.html

    Is there a CHDK forum or mailing anywhere?

    BugBear

    bugbear, Dec 6, 2007
  4. Ron Anchors

    Ron Anchors Guest

    On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:59:09 +0000, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim>
    wrote:

    >Ron Anchors wrote:
    >> Three important news items in the last couple days:
    >>

    >> CHDK is now available for the Canon Powershot SD500 (IXUS700) firmware version
    >> 1.01b, read about it here:
    >>
    >> http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,92.0.html

    >Is there a CHDK forum or mailing anywhere?
    >
    > BugBear

    Did you click on the above link before asking? (The answer to that would be,
    "No.")

    That link is part of this: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php

    For full information then go to http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

    There is no mailing system implemented that I know of. Nobody's ever requested
    it during all this time, AFAIK. Most people involved in CHDK are motivated to go
    seek out the information themselves rather than have it handed to them.

    Just like CHDK itself. We don't wait around for some camera company to hand us
    what we want, we make what we want. They now have to compete with us in their
    next camera releases. 65" to 1/64,000 of a second shutter speeds, all with
    flash-sync? Unlimited and customizable intervalometer events? Customizable
    motion detection built in? 108 levels of video compression in 2 flavors
    (variable bit-rate or variable quality rate)? Focus and EV bracketing to any
    degree of precision and depth that you require? Customizable histograms and
    compositional grids? An unlimited number of customized shooting modes? (this
    list is long, see the Wikia for a more complete list) Hello? Are there any
    camera companies willing to market all of these features, or even a tenth of
    them, in their next camera with zero increase in cost to the consumer? I thought
    not.

    These are the very first digital camera operating system designed by and for
    photographers and camera-owning programmers. In contrast to the know-nothing
    camera company executives, bean counters, and pencil-pushers playing with paper
    cameras in their heads all these years. Their only real goal? Trying to find a
    way to part money from their customer base of fools.

    But back to the mailing-list request. If you become an editor of the CHDK Wikia
    then you can have alerts sent to you every time a page that you have been
    working on has been changed. You can also have alerts sent by the CHDK Forum to
    any replies to your posts.

    Ron Anchors, Dec 6, 2007