CHCKDSK and WINXP Tools conflict question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by azul@blueblue.net, Mar 3, 2007.

  1. Guest

    My system:

    WIN XP PRO Version 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    BIOS: AMD 64 Processor 3000+0 MHz
    Memory 1023.48 MB
    Floppy A:
    Hard Disk: C: 29,29 GB [NTFS]
    D: 45,22 GB [NTFS]
    CD-ROM: E:

    The Problem:

    When I turn on my computer, CHECH DISK program scans my D: drive only and
    then proceeds to show my desktop.

    When I try to defragment my D: drive using XP Tools, WIN XP does not allow
    it due to CHECK DISK. It asks me to use CHKDSK /f.

    Question:

    Is there a way to disable CHECK DISK so I can use XP Tools? If so, how do
    you do it?

    Thanks a million.

    , Mar 3, 2007

  2. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My system:
    >
    > WIN XP PRO Version 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    > BIOS: AMD 64 Processor 3000+0 MHz
    > Memory 1023.48 MB
    > Floppy A:
    > Hard Disk: C: 29,29 GB [NTFS]
    > D: 45,22 GB [NTFS]
    > CD-ROM: E:
    >
    > The Problem:
    >
    > When I turn on my computer, CHECH DISK program scans my D: drive only and
    > then proceeds to show my desktop.
    >
    > When I try to defragment my D: drive using XP Tools, WIN XP does not allow
    > it due to CHECK DISK. It asks me to use CHKDSK /f.
    >
    > Question:
    >
    > Is there a way to disable CHECK DISK so I can use XP Tools? If so, how do
    > you do it?

    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=575839

    Read Wes Vogels answer.
    meerkat, Mar 3, 2007