Chatroom trouble

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mother Farquhar, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. Hello everyone.

    For the last few days, a friend of mine is having trouble with chatrooms.
    The fact is that everytime she clicks on one of them she is thrown of the
    net. It seems to be something to do with Java, most likely "Java Sunwheel".
    We have tried everything we know:

    reinstall Java sunwheel
    check Java allowances in internet options
    uninstalled + reinstalled Java sunwheel
    scan
    defrag
    virus check
    spyware check
    changed Java options in firewall
    turned off firewall
    changed net security to low
    changed net privacy to low

    Incidentally, we tried Windows Update but, although we could get on the page
    it wouldn't let us try for updates.

    One last thing, she is running XP Pro.

    Thanks for any help
    Mother Farquhar, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Mother Farquhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:51:46 GMT, "Mother Farquhar" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello everyone.
    >
    >For the last few days, a friend of mine is having trouble with chatrooms.

    What chatrooms?

    >The fact is that everytime she clicks on one of them she is thrown of the
    >net.

    She is thrown of the net? There's a difference between OFF and OF.

    >Incidentally, we tried Windows Update but, although we could get on the page
    >it wouldn't let us try for updates.

    Error message?
    Evan Platt, Jun 1, 2005

  3. On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:51:46 GMT, Mother Farquhar wrote:

    > For the last few days, a friend of mine is having trouble with chatrooms.
    > The fact is that everytime she clicks on one of them she is thrown of the
    > net.

    Did she say disparaging things about the mother's of the other
    chatroom participants? That would explain why she is not allowed
    back in. [ ;-) ]

    >..It seems to be something to do with Java,

    What precisely leads you to believe that? And if so...

    >..most likely "Java Sunwheel".

    ...I would recommend taking this problem back to the makers of the
    problem component. Try asking the makers of 'Java Sunwheel'.

    [ Follow-Ups to this message have been directed to
    comp.lang.java.help only. ]

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson