  1. C

    C Guest

    Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    C, Mar 5, 2005

  2. C wrote:

    > Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    None. Try IRC or AIM or Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger or ...

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 5, 2005

  3. "C" <> wrote in message
    > Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    Are you looking for a chatroom or a newsgroup?

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Mar 5, 2005
  4. C

    DC Guest

    C wrote:
    > Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    How long is a piece of string?

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

    DC, Mar 5, 2005
  5. DC wrote:

    > C wrote:

    >> Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    > How long is a piece of string?

    {

    }

    Depending on your font size. ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 5, 2005
  6. C

    Dugie Guest

    "C" <> wrote in message
    > Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    Try typing "chat" into your newsgroup application search, i.e. Outlook
    Express' Newsgroups.
    It's not really "chat," but more like general messaging.

    At first this seemed to be a spurious question, but after searching,
    it's been interesting.

    I found a LOT of junk, but some seemingly active and interesting groups
    on Aliant's server (each ISP can offer differing newsgroups) are:

    acadia.chat
    rec.pets.dogs.misc (the description: "all other topics, chat humor
    etc."

    That's a start. There's so much junk I stopped looking.

    Dugie

    Dugie, Mar 5, 2005
  7. C

    Jerry G. Guest

    I think the chat groups are ruined. They used to be good. I did some looking
    around. I saw mostly vulgarities. I sometimes set up private chats with my
    friends. But, considering the low cost of using the phone in this area, it
    is not too bad to simply dial someone.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 5, 2005
  8. C

    C Guest

    "DC" <> wrote in message
    >C wrote:
    >> Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    > How long is a piece of string?
    >
    > --
    > DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001
    >
    > Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

    It depends.

    C, Mar 5, 2005
  9. C wrote:

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>C wrote:
    >>
    >>>Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    >>How long is a piece of string?
    >>
    >>--
    >>DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001
    >>
    >>Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

    > It depends.

    Exactly.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 5, 2005
  10. C

    DC Guest

    C wrote:

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >>C wrote:
    >>> Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    >> How long is a piece of string?

    > It depends.

    Boy, you're a bright spark.

    DC, Mar 6, 2005
  11. C

    Knut Willy Guest

    På 5 Mar 2005 18:29:58 GMT, skrev DC <>:

    > C wrote:
    >> Whats the best newsgroup to chat on?

    > How long is a piece of string?

    Not a very good reply, Direct Current

    --
    Knut Willy

    Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
    http://www.opera.com/m2/

    Knut Willy, Mar 6, 2005