    non-profit group that meets four times a year. We would like to set up a
    private chat room to cut down on travel. Whos provides these services,
    either for a fee or for free?

    mcp6453, Dec 3, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    Wizard Guest

    Yahoo

    Wizard, Dec 3, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    dan Guest

    MSN is much better than Yahoo. Go with them

    dan, Dec 4, 2004
  4. On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:05:12 GMT, mcp6453 <>
    wrote:

    >Who provides private chat rooms for incidental use? We have a little
    >non-profit group that meets four times a year. We would like to set up a
    >private chat room to cut down on travel. Whos provides these services,
    >either for a fee or for free?

    Or you can get you a Host that provides pre-installed scripts. Most
    such Hosts usually have at least 1 chat room script that you could
    easily setup to only allow you and your group members into it. Of
    course there are positive and negative points to doing it this way.

    A negative one is that you'll be paying for it.

    But on the positive side you could setup a little web site for your
    group to share information that might be annoying trying to carry with
    you everywhere. You could even setup a private forum for members only.

    And if you were to get a domain name you could make the address
    something nice and easy for all members to remember. And Domain Names
    are pretty cheap. I paid $10 for mine and it's for a year. The hosting
    is more expensive, but not too bad.

    Sorry, I'm babbling now. But since you were willing to pay for just
    chat services I thought you might want to consider what I'd consider a
    much better route.

    Good luck!!

    -------------
    Scott D.

    Scott Dunaway, Dec 4, 2004
  5. mcp6453

    Pepperoni Guest

    Just have everyone load PalTalk and create a group when you need it. You
    can create a temporary unlisted group where you can use text, voice and vid
    cams to chat.
    http://www.paltalk.com/PalTalkSite/

    get the members on to your buddy list in advance, so you can round them up
    for the meeting.

    Pepperoni, Dec 4, 2004