    Obviously I am using the wrong terms in my search. So what should I be
    searching for?
    Thanks, Janice

    Janice, Jun 13, 2007

  2. Janice

    MJP Guest

    "Janice" <> wrote in message
    news:ksZbi.144147$...
    > Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
    > microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
    > "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for
    > this does not give me what I want. I am looking for a panel that will fit
    > in the front of my computer so that I can plug my headphone and mic into
    > it. Obviously I am using the wrong terms in my search. So what should I be
    > searching for?
    > Thanks, Janice

    Try searching for breakout box.

    MJP

    MJP, Jun 13, 2007

  3. Janice

    lee houston Guest

    "Janice" <> wrote in message
    > Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
    > microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
    > "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for

    A google of sound+card+extension+panel took me to (among others):

    http://www.frontx.com/

    Call these folks for their recommendation. The panel mounts in
    an unused drive slot on a tower pc.

    A *much* cheaper solution is
    to buy short extension cables for to make your rear connectors available
    at the front of your computer. They'll have male connectors on one end
    and female connectors on the other.

    lee

    lee houston, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Janice

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:37:20 +0000, Janice wrote:

    > Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
    > microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
    > "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for
    > this does not give me what I want. I am looking for a panel that will fit in
    > the front of my computer so that I can plug my headphone and mic into it.
    > Obviously I am using the wrong terms in my search. So what should I be
    > searching for?
    > Thanks, Janice

    Some add on sound cards have a front panel mounting breakout box. Maybe
    the Soundblaster Audigy something or other? Google it.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 14, 2007
  5. Janice

    SgtMinor Guest

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820162403

    SgtMinor, Jun 14, 2007
  6. lee houston wrote:

    > "Janice" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi my computer only has rear mounted sockets to connect my headphones and
    >> microphone so I thought I would fit what I think is the correct term a
    >> "chassis-mounted front panel audio in/out module". However searching for

    > A google of sound+card+extension+panel took me to (among others):
    >
    > http://www.frontx.com/
    >
    > Call these folks for their recommendation. The panel mounts in
    > an unused drive slot on a tower pc.

    I've customized two of their their front-panel drive-bay modules for use
    here. It's a great system. I highly recommend it.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 14, 2007