    about being a charter member? Do you get a special lapel
    pin or do you get money for it. Can someone explain what
    the big deal is.

    Doom, Apr 14, 2004

  2. >-----Original Message-----
    >I see alot of posts about becoming a charter member.
    >Maybe I don't understand exactly but what is the big

    deal
    >about being a charter member? Do you get a special lapel
    >pin or do you get money for it. Can someone explain what
    >the big deal is.
    >.

    Ever see the Highlander "there can only be one"? Well in
    this case there can only be 5000. It will never come
    again and only occurs at the launch of a new cert. The
    only thing that one can get after this is early achiever
    when they update the cert for longhorn or whatever.
    There is a different pin and certificate and wallet card.
    The Cert is not exactly silver maybe platinum. You know
    what a normal cert looks like so this is definitely
    different.

    If you post online using XP the wallet card uses the
    color scheme of the post a new message window at least on
    my NEC 97F monitor it matches my wallet card. Blue and
    heavy creamed coffee color. Then the platinum stripe
    says one of 5000 etc.; actually the beta testers are one
    of about 300-400 based on feedback during the launch live
    chat with the principals at Microsoft. Charter member is
    water marked into the cream color in two different font
    sizes

    So like early achiever it just establishs pecking order.

    the poster formally known as anonymous, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Doom

    Neil Guest

    "the poster formally known as anonymous"
    <> wrote in news:1cca801c422c2$263df150
    $:

    > There is a different pin and certificate and wallet card.

    my lapel pin didn't look any different (Early achiver for MCSE2k, MCSE2k3
    and MCSA2k3) but I did get an extra ice scraper...I mean wallet card...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 15, 2004