Charter for uk.telecom.voip - fortnightly posting

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ivor Jones, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    This is a fortnightly posting giving information about the Usenet group
    uk.telecom.voip.

    If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please
    take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when
    posting.

    Charter for uk.telecom.voip
    ===================

    This group is for the discussion of topics relevant to:

    1.. Packet based voice and associated technologies including but not
    limited to Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame
    Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN).

    2.. Service providers for the above.

    3.. Hardware and software available for use with packet based voice and
    associated technology.

    ================
    Advertising is forbidden.
    ================

    Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are forbidden.
    Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which a pointer may be
    posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP) may be used where
    authentication is important and should be as short as possible.
    Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted
    messages are prohibited. To see how to make some common newsreaders comply
    with this, read <http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html>.

    Pointers to commercial or other web sites in signatures are permitted
    provided the message is on-topic. All signatures should be 4 lines or
    fewer and preceded by the customary usenet separator "-- " (dash, dash,
    space) on a line of its own.

    Newsgroups line
    uk.telecom.voip Voice over IP technology and related matters

    http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.telecom.voip.html#uk.telecom.voip
    Ivor Jones, Mar 21, 2007

  2. Ivor Jones

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote :
    > This is a fortnightly posting giving information about the Usenet group
    > uk.telecom.voip.
    >
    > If you are a new user, or even if you've been around for some time, please
    > take a few minutes to read through the charter and bear it in mind when
    > posting.
    >

    > Charter for uk.telecom.voip
    > ===================
    >
    > This group is for the discussion of topics relevant to:
    >
    > 1.. Packet based voice and associated technologies including but not
    > limited to Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame
    > Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN).
    >
    > 2.. Service providers for the above.
    >
    > 3.. Hardware and software available for use with packet based voice and
    > associated technology.
    >
    > ================
    > Advertising is forbidden.
    > ================
    >
    > Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are forbidden.
    > Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which a pointer may be
    > posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP) may be used where
    > authentication is important and should be as short as possible.
    > Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted
    > messages are prohibited. To see how to make some common newsreaders comply
    > with this, read <http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html>.
    >
    > Pointers to commercial or other web sites in signatures are permitted
    > provided the message is on-topic. All signatures should be 4 lines or
    > fewer and preceded by the customary usenet separator "-- " (dash, dash,
    > space) on a line of its own.
    >
    > Newsgroups line
    > uk.telecom.voip Voice over IP technology and related matters
    >
    > http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.telecom.voip.html#uk.telecom.voip

    Erm, what's wrong with jut a fortnightly posting....?...doing a monthly
    & a fortnightly will mean 2 at once, once a month.....
    Jono, Mar 21, 2007

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Erm, what's wrong with jut a fortnightly
    > posting....?...doing a monthly & a fortnightly will mean
    > 2 at once, once a month.....

    Yeh, sorry about that, one escaped by mistake, I blaim this keebord..

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Ivor Jones

    J Clavox Guest

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:55:00 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> Erm, what's wrong with jut a fortnightly
    >> posting....?...doing a monthly & a fortnightly will mean
    >> 2 at once, once a month.....

    >Yeh, sorry about that, one escaped by mistake, I blaim this keebord..

    Don't worry about it I have killfiled the rubbish so it will not
    bother me if you post it every hour when charters have teeth then I
    will take notice but not until .
    J Clavox, Mar 22, 2007
  5. J Clavox wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:55:00 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> Erm, what's wrong with jut a fortnightly
    >>> posting....?...doing a monthly & a fortnightly will mean
    >>> 2 at once, once a month.....

    >> Yeh, sorry about that, one escaped by mistake, I blaim this keebord..

    > Don't worry about it I have killfiled the rubbish so it will not
    > bother me if you post it every hour when charters have teeth then I
    > will take notice but not until .

    You tell him
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 22, 2007
  6. Ivor Jones

    alexd Guest

    J Clavox wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:55:00 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>[snip]
    >>
    >>> Erm, what's wrong with jut a fortnightly
    >>> posting....?...doing a monthly & a fortnightly will mean
    >>> 2 at once, once a month.....

    >>Yeh, sorry about that, one escaped by mistake, I blaim this keebord..

    > Don't worry about it I have killfiled the rubbish so it will not
    > bother me if you post it every hour when charters have teeth then I
    > will take notice but not until .

    Bugger off Ron. Oh and pay Neil McRae what you owe him.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    14:07:49 up 27 days, 18:21, 2 users, load average: 0.29, 0.46, 0.33
    alexd, Mar 22, 2007
  7. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "J Clavox" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Don't worry about it I have killfiled the rubbish so it
    > will not bother me if you post it every hour when
    > charters have teeth then I will take notice but not until

    Yawn...

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 22, 2007
  8. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:34:23 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >J Clavox wrote:
    >> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:55:00 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> [snip]

    >>> Yeh, sorry about that, one escaped by mistake, I blaim this keebord..

    >> Don't worry about it I have killfiled the rubbish so it will not
    >> bother me if you post it every hour when charters have teeth then I
    >> will take notice but not until .

    >You tell him

    Have every intention of doing so until he post something other than
    carp about Sipgate,Spammers&spam ,charters totally obsessed he is .
    , Mar 22, 2007
  9. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:34:23 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > J Clavox wrote:

    > > > Don't worry about it I have killfiled the rubbish so
    > > > it will not bother me if you post it every hour when
    > > > charters have teeth then I will take notice but not
    > > > until .

    > > You tell him

    > Have every intention of doing so until he post something
    > other than carp about Sipgate,Spammers&spam ,charters
    > totally obsessed he is .

    Yawn...

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 23, 2007
  10. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:34:23 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >> <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >>> You tell him

    >> Have every intention of doing so until he post something
    >> other than carp about Sipgate,Spammers&spam ,charters
    >> totally obsessed he is .

    > Yawn...
    >
    > Ivor

    I don't know why you simply don't ignore him.

    Or is this some kind of love / hate relationship between the two of you?
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 23, 2007
  11. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I don't know why you simply don't ignore him.

    Because only he can end what he started.

    > Or is this some kind of love / hate relationship between
    > the two of you?

    No love involved, I can assure you.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 23, 2007