    the old one, all the messages say that I need to upgrade to the new
    server.

    , Nov 20, 2004

  2. Try using: corp.supernews.com

    I use Charter and that's the news server that's always worked for me. The
    server does NOT require you to log in. You just have to be connected via
    Charter.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Managed, Dedicated and Colo Servers
    http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting Accounts

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Nov 20, 2004

  3. doS Guest

    you have to remove your acct in your newsreader and recreate it, use
    nntp.charter.net and reload your groups.

    doS, Nov 20, 2004
  4. doS Guest

    Charter isn't using supernews anymore, they are using highwinds.

    doS, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - like it was *real* nice of them not to TELL us before that made the
    change...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2004
  6. That's funny. I'm connected via Charter/Supernews right now.

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Nov 20, 2004
  7. Toolman Tim Guest

    Well, think about it. Do you really expect they can roll out a new service
    like that nationwide in one quick *flash*? Or more likely perhaps they have
    to roll out regionally? I mean, c'mon...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2004
  8. doS Guest

    uh...., highwinds isnt deployed in all markets yet.

    doS, Nov 20, 2004
  9. No, but I thought I was their most important customer and my area would have
    been their top priority. :p

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Nov 20, 2004
  10. Toolman Tim Guest

    <VBG>

    | No, but I thought I was their most important customer and my area would
    have
    | been their top priority. :p
    |
    | --Tina
    |
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | > Well, think about it. Do you really expect they can roll out a new
    service
    | > like that nationwide in one quick *flash*? Or more likely perhaps they
    | > have
    | > to roll out regionally? I mean, c'mon...
    | >
    | > "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message
    | > | That's funny. I'm connected via Charter/Supernews right now.
    | > |
    | > | --Tina
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "doS" <> wrote in message

    | > message

    | > via

    | > changed

    | > |
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2004
  11. Larry Autry Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > Well, think about it. Do you really expect they can roll out a new
    > service like that nationwide in one quick *flash*? Or more likely
    > perhaps they have to roll out regionally? I mean, c'mon...

    Look on the bright side. You can have four threads until the switchover is
    complete. shhh... don't tell anyone.

    --
    Larry Autry
    Manchester, MO USA

    Larry Autry, Nov 20, 2004
  12. Vann Loftis Guest

    Vann Loftis, Nov 21, 2004
  13. Larry Autry Guest

    "Vann Loftis" wrote:
    > I had to change my newsgroup account to "nntp.charter.net". Charter
    > sent me an email telling me about the change. My USENET wouldn't work
    > either. You can log on to
    > http://support2.charter.com/support/customer-help/frameset.asp and
    > read more about it.

    Accidently found out while looking at articles in a binaries group. They
    posted a notice in the group!! So far I have not been locked out of
    news.charter.net. For now, I get four news threads. Which is what they
    should give us anyway!!!

    I don't mind the cap as much as the limited number of threads. Earthlink
    (the previous news provider) used to provide more feeds. Then they capped
    it after a paltry amount of downloads.

    --
    Larry Autry
    Manchester, MO USA

    Larry Autry, Nov 21, 2004
  14. Vann Loftis Guest

    "Vann Loftis" wrote:
    > I had to change my newsgroup account to "nntp.charter.net". Charter
    > sent me an email telling me about the change. My USENET wouldn't work
    > either. You can log on to
    > http://support2.charter.com/support/customer-help/frameset.asp and
    > read more about it.

    Accidently found out while looking at articles in a binaries group. They
    posted a notice in the group!! So far I have not been locked out of
    news.charter.net. For now, I get four news threads. Which is what they
    should give us anyway!!!

    I don't mind the cap as much as the limited number of threads. Earthlink
    (the previous news provider) used to provide more feeds. Then they capped
    it after a paltry amount of downloads.

    --
    Larry Autry
    Manchester, MO USA

    I had been locked out of news.charter.net. So I had to go to
    nntp.charter.net

    Vann

    Vann Loftis, Nov 21, 2004