    Ski Guest

    Where can I rent a widescreen Charlies Angeles/ All I can find is full
    screen at Hollywood video and Blockbuster.
    Ski, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Ski

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Ski" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns941DB48EF7B65paulwnospamcom@207.217.77.204...
    > Where can I rent a widescreen Charlies Angeles/ All I can find is full
    > screen at Hollywood video and Blockbuster.

    Widescreen or fullscreen this movie is still total, unadulterated shit.

    Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)MOVIE INFORMATION

    Prepare for full-throttle action (as well as some good ol' throttling)
    when your favorite earthbound angels are reunited in this sequel to the
    hit film Charlie's Angels. Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu
    return as the indomitable crime-fighting heroines. In the Angels' new
    adventure, the trio once again demonstrate their expertise in espionage
    techniques, martial arts and disguise. Crispin Glover and Bernie Mac
    co-star.

    Starring: Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, More
    Director: Joseph McGinty Mitchell
    Category: Action & Adventure
    Format: Widescreen, More
    Language: English, More
    Subtitles: English, More

    http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=60027726&trkid=73
    Scot Gardner, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Ski

    Wade365 Guest

    I read in another thread that it has something to do with the WS being
    "unrated"... therefor the religious Right won't allow it in the stores.
    Wade365, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Ski

    Ski Guest

    (Wade365) wrote in news:20031023212142.09445.00000015@mb-
    m28.aol.com:

    > I read in another thread that it has something to do with the WS being
    > "unrated"... therefor the religious Right won't allow it in the stores.

    I sure would like to see it.
    Ski, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Ski

    Paul C. Guest

    Ski <> wrote in news:Xns941DBC993E0EBpaulwnospamcom@
    207.217.77.202:

    > I sure would like to see it.

    I had no interest in it but I was surprised to find it enjoyable. (I
    watched it because I had rented it for a family member) Not worth
    buying but it was worth my $5.91 for the rental. I guess we're
    lucky, our Blockbuster had only the proper widescreen version
    available.
    Paul C., Oct 24, 2003
  6. Ski

    Mike McGee Guest

    In article <Xns941DEBEBBDD47abcdefghjklica@198.164.200.20>, Paul C.
    <> wrote:

    > I had no interest in it but I was surprised to find it enjoyable. (I
    > watched it because I had rented it for a family member) Not worth
    > buying but it was worth my $5.91 for the rental. I guess we're
    > lucky, our Blockbuster had only the proper widescreen version
    > available.

    It was $5.91 to *RENT* it???

    That seems really, really expensive. I have to agree with Scot on this
    one, this film was a mess. We have a review of this DVD on our site,
    but it was just too easy to bash it.

    --
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Mike McGee
    Mike McGee, Oct 24, 2003
  7. Ski

    Wade365 Guest

    << It was $5.91 to *RENT* it??? >>
    << That seems really, really expensive. >>

    A new release rental is darn-near $7 here at my local BB (downtown Chicago).
    That's why I cut me card up!

    << I have to agree with Scot on this
    one, this film was a mess. We have a review of this DVD on our site,
    but it was just too easy to bash it. >>

    I bet it was... but sometimes a piece of Bazooka is fun; The flavor doesn't
    last and it's a two-piecer if you want a decent bubble... but hey, it's only
    GUM...

    Take Mtv-like crappola at it's face value and you'll find a chuckle, I did when
    I found myself in a theater watching the first one (it's a long story but she
    was pretty). Honestly, I really DID find myself enjoying it on it's level... a
    few funny gags, a few nostalgia tweaks for my old-ass... it was what it was.
    And while I haven't seen this new one and I'm not exactly squaring off a few
    hours for it on my calendar, I'm sure when it hits the cable I'll check it out.

    Films ... no sorry, MOVIES... nah, that doesn't quite cover it properly
    either... how about "Flicks"? like CA:FT have a place - Maybe it's not your
    shelf as a keeper, but it certainly can take up a rainy afternoon... what the
    Hell.
    Wade365, Oct 24, 2003
  8. Ski

    Paul C. Guest

    Mike McGee <admin@_removenospam_thedigitalreview.com> wrote in

    > It was $5.91 to *RENT* it???

    Surprise surprise, there are other countries than the U.S. & they
    can have higher prices!!! Amazing, isn't it ? Welcome to the
    Internet, gateway to the WORLD. (which INCLUDES the U.S. as one of
    many many countries)
    Paul C., Oct 31, 2003