Charlie - Virtualbox with USB 2.0 support released

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Dec 29, 2007.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Dec 29, 2007

  2. Good to know it's working on XP x64. I'm using nothing but Hyper-V right now
    (and no, it doesn't have USB support.:-( ). But what I really want is
    Hyper-V + a new version of SCVMM.

    OTOH, this looks interesting, though it also doesn't appear to support
    64-bit guests yet? If so, that's a definite disqualifier.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 29, 2007

  3. Carlos

    Jane C Guest

    Carlos,

    According to the User Manual pdf, Vista x64 is supported as a host.

    I'll take it for a spin later and see how it goes :)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, Dec 29, 2007
  4. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    That is certainly good news, Jane!
    I was mislead by what I read on their web page.
    Eagerly waiting for your further coments...
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 29, 2007
  5. Carlos

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Dec 29, 2:36 pm, "Jane C" <> wrote:
    > Carlos,
    >
    > According to the User Manual pdf, Vista x64 is supported as a host.
    >
    > I'll take it for a spin later and see how it goes :)

    I ran VBox in Vista x64 for a while and it ran well. I did manage to
    get a couple of blue screens with OS/2 guest, not sure why that was.
    They seemed to be isolated incidents and that hasn't happened for a
    while. That OS/2 guest was kinda banged up anyway.

    S.SubZero, Dec 29, 2007
  6. Carlos

    Jane C Guest

    Carlos, it works fine :)

    Networking is a PITA compared to VPC, so I used NAT instead of the host
    network card (bridging was a nightmare, never did manage to get the guests
    to connect). I created 2 guests, one Windows Server 2003 R2, one Vista.
    Seems to be ok. I have yet to test the USB support - have to "borrow" the
    Wacom from my other half ;)

    Happy New Year to you, from a very hot Melbourne (41C today). I'm
    melting....

    Jane C, Dec 31, 2007
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Jane,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Happy new year to you too and your family, from a cold summer down here at
    9.5 deg C (49 F) in Tierra del Fuego, 10:30 AM.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 31, 2007