    above. Does mine have then on as it doesnt say on my box set and also its
    in jap. Would it be worth buying the 10 dvd boxset aswell

    cheers dave
    Dragon, Jan 9, 2004

  2. "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:ukCLb.510$...
    > I recently bought the 20 dvd box set of snoopys story, which was great but

    > have noticed a 10 dvd boxset which has newer up to date episodes like its
    > xmas again charlie brown from 1992 and a few others from that year and
    > above. Does mine have then on as it doesnt say on my box set and also its
    > in jap. Would it be worth buying the 10 dvd boxset aswell

    why not watch your dvds? - you'll soon find out.
    sorry if i'm missing something here

    --
    Gareth
    quote of the day
    The dog from that film you saw, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I recently bought the 20 dvd box set of snoopys story, which was great but

    > have noticed a 10 dvd boxset which has newer up to date episodes like its
    > xmas again charlie brown from 1992 and a few others from that year and
    > above. Does mine have then on as it doesnt say on my box set and also its
    > in jap. Would it be worth buying the 10 dvd boxset aswell

    The 20 disc set has (Apparently) every cartoon special made.
    (Which isn't true... The most recent ones for example are not there.)

    The 10 disc set is only specific specials, in no order, and the Snoopy The
    Musical special.

    (PS.. If you *do* decide to get the 20 disc set, I'll take discs 7,8,9 and
    10 of the *10* disc set off your hands for a small price! (I've got the
    first 6...You *know* they weren't expensive!! ;' ) ))

    Also... Both this 10 disc set (Chinese release) and the 20 disc set are NOT
    officially sanctioned products.

    The 20 disc set SHOULD have everything on the 10 disc set..
    BUT I don't know if it has the Musical on it cos the only listing I have
    seen is in pigeon english which is so bad it is painful!
    And I can't work out which of these is... You're in love Charlie Brown,
    You're A Good Sport Charlie Brown, You're The Greatest Charlie Brown, Some
    Day You'll Find Her Charlie Brown...

    In fact... That's 4 shows on the 10 disc set that don't seem to be on the 20
    at all!

    Regarding the really bad translations....
    Example....Brown on checking that fail to be elected
    which is... You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown

    But what the hell is...
    You whether pieces of good luck mobilize, Charlie more than Brown
    or
    Letts' brother

    Here's what the list is.... And what I have worked out....
    (The ones after the ------- are listings of the segment titles of episodes
    of The Charlie Brown And Snoopy Show)

    Charlie Brown's Christmas Day A Charlie Brown Christmas
    Charlie Brown's soccer stars Charlie Brown's All Stars
    Pumpkin immortal It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
    The pioneer is (Probably a THIS IS AMERICA episode)
    Manage your dog He's your Dog, Charlie Brown
    Pass hurriedly in summer It Was A Short Summer, Charlie Brown
    Play again Play It Again, Charlie Brown
    Brown on checking that fail to be elected You're Not Elected,
    Charlie Brown
    Letts' brother
    Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving Day It's Thanksgiving Charlie Brown
    This is a secret It's A Mystery, Charlie Brown ???????????
    Easter puppy It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
    Music and hero of America (Probably a THIS IS AMERICA episode)
    You whether pieces of good luck mobilize, Charlie more than Brown
    Treeplanting Day It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown
    Terrible nightmare What A Nightmare, Charlie Brown
    Space THIS IS AMERICA NASA
    Journey, you are the most excellent, Charlie Brown
    Waltz on the ice She's A Good Skate, Charlie Brown
    Circus troupe is Life's A Circus, Charlie Brown
    The magician is It's Magic, Charlie Brown
    Great invention THIS IS AMERCIA - GREAT INVENTORS
    Dog that can dance Flashbeagle
    Why is this Why, Charlie Brown, Why?
    Charlie Brown perplexed It's A Mystery, Charlie Brown
    ???????????
    The reuniting of family of Snoopy Snoopy's Family Reunion
    Have no time to fall in love There's No Time For Love, Charlie
    Brown
    What have we learnt What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown
    This first kiss of you,Charlie more than Brown It's Your First
    Kiss, Charlie Brown
    Bye friend Is This Goodbye, Charlie Brown?
    Wedding Snoopy's Getting Married
    The New Year happy Happy New Year, Charlie Brown

    - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Kite of Snoopy again (shake, pasta, football , baseball, toast bread , snow
    carving, sit down, school, kite, blanket, Sally)
    Security personnel blanket(Snoopy and Woodstock, Sally, piano, baseball,
    sunset, football, security personnel the blankets, kite, pester Snoopy of
    people of)
    Baseball( Woodstock, baseball, Sally, peppermint, Patti, piano, blanket)
    Linus and Lucy( Sally, Snoopy, football, lovesickness and beans, love,
    snowball, fly a kite, Linus, Lucy, baseball)
    Charlie lost Brown have( kiss, peppermint, Patti, Charlie Brown lost,
    Snoopy)
    Agate madder(creep, agate the madders, pieces of fungus, court not lost)
    Team leader(turn over the soil, profit blue, lost blanket, team leader)
    Summer camp(the tree, Sally, summer camp, Lucy which takes the kite love
    history Loyd, timid Snoopy)
    It guide Paul special(Charlie Browns, Lucies, kites, dance and go, not
    itting is be special in Paul to guide)
    Lucy who plays baseball(the suction, Lucy, peppermint, Patti, best puppy,
    Linus and Lucy who plays baseball)
    Piano(five of golds the stars , blanket, piano, teach you play football)
    Sally is in the school(Sally is in the school, Rugby, school traffic
    security official, blanket, team)
    Rainy day(eagle, blanket, peppermint, Patti, profit blue, rainy day)
    Foot of Snoopy( the foot, giant, profit of Snoopy are blue)
    Pelican(pelican, big pumpkin, history Parker)
    Snoopy and robot(Snoopy and robot, Linus and his blanket, friend)
    School life(school life, practical joke, airliner of Snoopy of Snoopy)
    Perform on Christmas (performing, the postcard in Valentine's Day, story of
    Snoopy of Christmas)
    The persons who take risks(part one)(the pocket, caddy, kite)
    Person who take risks(part two)
    Music page(part one)
    Music page(part two)
    Say good-bye to the page(part one)
    Say good-bye to the page(part two)

    --
    Covenant
    A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
    Covenant, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Kez Guest

    The dog from that film you saw wrote:
    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> I recently bought the 20 dvd box set of snoopys story, which was
    >> great but i have noticed a 10 dvd boxset which has newer up to date
    >> episodes like its xmas again charlie brown from 1992 and a few
    >> others from that year and above. Does mine have then on as it
    >> doesnt say on my box set and also its in jap. Would it be worth
    >> buying the 10 dvd boxset aswell

    > why not watch your dvds? - you'll soon find out.
    > sorry if i'm missing something here

    it'd take a while, i expect! :)
    Kez, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I see what your saying about watching the dvds to find out but i notice on
    some of my dvds they different names from the original names ie Pumpkin
    immortal on mine, is It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown originally if you
    get what i mean and because my films titles on my dvds are in japanse i cant
    reade them

    thats why i was asking on here

    dave

    Dragon, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Thank you and I see what you mean here is a full list in English if this
    helps you

    Each disc number is what I have I think but the ones im looking for are as I
    said the new 1990s stuff you know its Christmas again Charlie brown so I
    might end up buying the 10 dvds aswell ill let you know

    Dave

    Dragon, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I see what your saying about watching the dvds to find out but i notice on
    > some of my dvds they different names from the original names ie Pumpkin
    > immortal on mine, is It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown originally if

    you
    > get what i mean and because my films titles on my dvds are in japanse i

    cant
    > reade them

    Just thought I'd double check a few things....
    Here is a list of ALL the cartoon specials (IE.. NOT The This Is America
    series or the Charlie Brown And Snoopy Show episodes)
    Those definitely in the 20 disc set are **-ed)

    A Charlie Brown Christmas**
    Charlie Brown's All-Stars**
    It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown**

    You're In Love, Charlie Brown

    He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown**
    It Was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown**
    Play it Again, Charlie Brown**
    You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown**
    There's No Time for Love, Charlie Brown
    A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving**
    It's a Mystery, Charlie Brown**
    It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown**

    Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown
    You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown

    It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown**
    It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown**
    What a Nightmare, Charlie Brown**
    You're the Greatest, Charlie Brown**
    She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown**
    Life is a Circus, Charlie Brown**
    It's Magic, Charlie Brown**

    Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown
    A Charlie Brown Celebration

    Is This Goodbye, Charlie Brown?**

    It's an Adventure, Charlie Brown

    What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown?**
    It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown**
    Snoopy's Getting Married, Charlie Brown**

    You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown

    Happy New Year, Charlie Brown**

    Snoopy: The Musical
    It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown

    Why, Charlie Brown, Why?**
    Snoopy's Reunion**

    It's Spring Training, Charlie Brown
    It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown
    You're In the Superbowl, Charlie Brown
    A Charlie Brown Valentine
    Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales
    Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown
    I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown

    Just looking at that list alone it is obvious that the 20 disc set is
    SEVERELY lacking when it claims to have *all* episodes.
    There are 16 above not on the set.. at least, not that I can place with the
    translations.. and there are only 11 I can't figure out, and one of those is
    a maybe, and the rest may be THIS IS AMERICA episodes...
    (My WORD this is confusing!!!! ;' ) )

    It *looks* like it has MOST of the This Is America Charlie Brown episodes,
    but it is VERY hard to tell..
    It Definitely has ALL the Charlie Brown And Snoopy Show episodes...

    But what are these....

    The persons who take risks(part one)(the pocket, caddy, kite)
    Person who take risks(part two)
    Music page(part one)
    Music page(part two)
    Say good-bye to the page(part one)
    Say good-bye to the page(part two)
    The pioneer is
    Letts' brother
    You whether pieces of good luck mobilize, Charlie more than Brown
    Charlie Brown perplexed (May be It's A Mystery, CB)
    This is a secret (May be It's A Mystery, CB)

    Over to you!

    Covenant, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Did you read the list I sent on here

    dave

    Dragon, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    These are the episodes I cant find on my dvds but as the names are different
    whos knows

    Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown I was told this charlie brown adventures part
    2

    Dragon, Jan 9, 2004
  10. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > These are the episodes I cant find on my dvds but as the names are

    different
    > whos knows
    >
    > Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown I was told this charlie brown adventures

    part
    > 2
    > Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown
    > A Charlie Brown Celebration
    > You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown
    > It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown
    > It's Spring Training, Charlie Brown
    > It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown
    > You're In the Superbowl, Charlie Brown
    > A Charlie Brown Valentine
    > Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales
    > Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown
    > I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown

    Welll.. Other than Be my Valentine... (Which you say me be called somethng
    else)
    The rest are the most recent ones.

    I don't know why they *shouldn;t* be part of the set.
    (Especially ones like "it's christmas time again", "someday you'll find
    her", which are already on *real* dvd relese...)

    But "Christmas Tales" is only a 17 minute compilation.
    "You're in the superbowl" (IIRC) was never released on Video.
    Lucy must be traded and I want a dog have not long been broiadcast on TV and
    are also not on video yet.
    "The girl in the red truck" is an oddity.. Part cartoon and animation.

    The others I am unsure of regarding availability, video or otherwise.
    Being in the UK I only get my data from friends who know I'm a damn
    Pea-Nut.. (If you pardon the atrocious pun!)

    ;' )

    All we really need is someone who DOES have the 20 disc set to post the real
    episode listing !!! ;' )

    Covenant, Jan 10, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I do have the 20 dvd set thats why if you look back a little on this thread
    i have posted the list in text document format open it and have a look

    dave

    Dragon, Jan 10, 2004
  12. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I do have the 20 dvd set thats why if you look back a little on this

    thread
    > i have posted the list in text document format open it and have a look

    Aaahhh There's the problem... (And the reason I didn;t see your list!)

    Most newsreaders won't accept any attachements in a non binary newsgroup
    (like this one is)

    Could you just paste the list in to this thread?

    Cheers!

    Covenant, Jan 10, 2004
  13. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Here we go

    56 Episode List:
    DVD 1 - Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown; Charlie Brown's All Stars; It's the
    Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
    DVD 2 - The Mayflower Voyagers; He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown; It Was a Short
    Summer, Charlie Brown
    DVD 3 - Play It Again, Charlie Brown; You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown; The
    Wright Brothers At Kittyhawk
    DVD 4 - Its Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown; It's a Mystery, Charlie Brown; It's
    the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
    DVD 5 - The Music and Heroes of America; You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown;
    It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown
    DVD 6 - What a Nightmare, Charlie Brown; The NASA Space Station; You're the
    Greatest, Charlie Brown
    DVD 7 - She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown; Life is a Circus, Charlie Brown;
    It's Magic, Charlie Brown
    DVD 8 - The Great Inventors; It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown; Why, Charlie
    Brown, Why?
    DVD 9 - You're In Love, Charlie Brown; Snoopy's Reunion; There's No Time
    Love, Charlie Brown
    DVD 10 - What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown; It's Your First Kiss, Charlie
    Brown; Is This Goodbye, Charlie Brown
    DVD 11 - Snoopy's Getting Married, Charlie Brown; Happy New Year, Charlie
    Brown; Kite DVD 12 - Security Blanket; Baseball; Linus and Lucy
    DVD 13 - Charlie Brown's Lost; Marcie, The Manager
    DVD 14 - Camp; Thiebault; Lucy Baseball
    DVD 15 - Piano; Sally at School; Rainy Day
    DVD 16 - Snoopy's Foot; The Pelicans, Snoopy's Robot
    DVD 17 - School Days; The Play
    DVD 18 - It's An Adventure, Charlie Brown (Part 1); It's An Adventure,
    Charlie Brown (Part 2)
    DVD 19 - The Musical Part 1; The Musical Part 2
    DVD 20 - A Charlie Brown Special Part 1; A Charlie Brown Special Part 2

    Dragon, Jan 10, 2004
  14. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Here we go
    >
    > 56 Episode List:

    Cheers Bud !!!

    > DVD 19 - The Musical Part 1; The Musical Part 2

    I find it odd that this is listed as a pt 1 and pt 2 thing ...

    Weird!

    ;' )

    Covenant, Jan 11, 2004
  15. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Here we go

    Right then.....

    There are THREE episodes of *This Is America Charlie Brown* missing.. they
    are...

    The Birth of the Constitution
    The Building of the Transcontinental Railroad
    The Smithsonian and the Presidency

    The ordinary *specials* missing we've already covered, I think!!!
    But, just to clarify....

    Missing are...

    Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown
    Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown
    A Charlie Brown Celebration ( I wonder if this is *A Charlie Brown
    Special?? DVD 20) Never seen either so I dunno!
    You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown
    It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown
    It's Spring Training, Charlie Brown (This IS available on the other
    10 disc set)
    It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown (This IS available on the other 10
    disc set)
    You're In the Superbowl, Charlie Brown
    A Charlie Brown Valentine
    Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales (Only 17 minutes long)
    Lucy Must Be Traded, Charlie Brown
    I Want a Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown

    Odd that both valentine specials are not included!!!!

    Some of the Charlie brown and Snoopy Show episodes are wrongly titled...
    (DVDs 12 - 15 I think...)
    They are in the correct order, but here are the complete titles just FYI....
    (These are the titles of the *Collected* program and appeared only on the
    VHS releases of them. The other title in brackets are the first segment
    titles which appear on screen.)

    You Can't Win Charlie Brown ("Shaking")
    Linus' Security Blanket ("Snoopy and Woodstock")
    Snoopy's Cat Fight ("Woodstock")
    Linus and Lucy ("Sally and Snoopy")
    Snoopy: Man's Best Friend ("Kiss")
    The Lost Ballpark ("Crawl")
    Snoopy: Team Manager ("Shoveling")
    Lucy Loves Schroeder ("Kite-Eating Tree")
    Snoopy the Psychiatrist ("Charlie Brown & Lucy")
    Lucy vs. the World ("Straws")
    Snoopy's Football Career ("Gold Stars")
    Chaos in the Classroom ("Sally at School")
    It's That Team Spirit, Charlie Brown ("Vulture")
    Snoopy and the Giant ("Snoopy's Foot")
    Snoopy's Brother Spike ("The Pelicans")
    Snoopy's Robot ("Snoopy's Robot")
    Peppermint Patty's School Days ("School Days")
    Sally's Sweet Babboo ("The Play")

    Have we got it all sorted now????

    ;' )))

    Now... Who's gonna sell me discs 7-10 of the 10 disc set !!??

    ;' )

    Covenant, Jan 11, 2004
  16. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Alright guys - I'll bite....
    Where do we get hold of this monster set, and how much? I've googled,
    but can't find it

    cheers

    paul
    P Pron, Jan 11, 2004
  17. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    I didn't realize there was so much missing we must be able to get them
    somewhere

    I know I can get the valentine ones in America and the 10 dvd has the extra
    xmas one on it but as for the others who knows, maybe one day they'll be
    available

    hope so

    Dave

    Dragon, Jan 11, 2004
  18. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > I didn't realize there was so much missing we must be able to get

    them
    > somewhere
    >
    > I know I can get the valentine ones in America and the 10 dvd has

    the
    > extra xmas one on it but as for the others who knows, maybe one day
    > they'll be available
    >
    > hope so
    >
    > Dave

    Sorry - I didn't realise i was interrupting a private
    conversation......

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 11, 2004
  19. Dragon

    mazinz Guest

    quick question is the special "it's motorcross charlie brown" on either of the
    two sets???
    mazinz, Jan 11, 2004
  20. Dragon

    Covenant Guest

    "P Pron" <> wrote in message

    > Alright guys - I'll bite....
    > Where do we get hold of this monster set, and how much? I've googled,
    > but can't find it

    eBay.

    There are LOADS of them at varying prices.

    Covenant, Jan 12, 2004