Charles Band Forms Wizard Entertainment

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stacy, May 9, 2005.

  1. Stacy

    Stacy Guest

    http://www.wizardentertainment.net/

    Charles Band Forms Wizard Entertainment

    (HOLLYWOOD, CA)---Charles Band, whose 250 plus films as founder of
    independent film sci-fi/horror studio, Full Moon Pictures, established the
    company as one of the industry's most prolific labels, has announced the
    formation of Wizard Entertainment, a new company for which he will produce
    and direct six films annually. The projects will premiere directly to home
    video and ancillary markets and each will feature a unique creature/doll to
    be released in a limited edition by Wizard Toys. These action figures have
    been designed to appeal to the legion of Charles Band and Full Moon fans who
    made the PUPPETMASTER series of action figures runaway best sellers.
    Wizard Entertainment's debut film is Decadent Evil, will be released on DVD
    June 28. It's a twisted tale about a fallen foot tall Homunculus named
    Marvin (part human/part reptile) who is imprisoned in a birdcage by a
    vengeful lover who is bidding to become the world's most powerful vampire.
    Decadent Evil stars Debra Mayer as the vampire, Morella, and Full Moon
    veteran, Phil Fondacaro as Marvin's demented father and vampire hunter.

    Wizard Toys will debut in July with its release of Decadent Evil's lead
    character, Marvin The Horny Homunculus. The second film from Wizard, Doll
    Graveyard, which is set for release this summer, will feature four signature
    ancient evil dolls that come back to life.

    Charles Band plans to launch one of his patented road shows this fall,
    promoting the new company. The tour with planned stops in twenty markets
    across the U.S., will allow Band to screen his new movies in theatre
    settings, meet fans and introduce special guests, "screen test" lucky
    contest winners and offer special merchandise from Wizard Toys to a select
    audience. At the height of Full Moon mania, Band's appearances often drew in
    excess of a thousand fans and attracted widespread press, television and
    radio coverage.

    The company has launched wizardentertainment.net to keep fans appraised of
    all details regarding the company's DVD release schedule and Band's upcoming
    fall tour.
    Can't find the titles you are looking for here? Try
    http://www.fullmoondirect.com

    MORE UPCOMING RELEASES...
    WHEN PUPPEtS & DOLLS ATTACK - STREET DATE: July 12, 2005

    INTRUDER - STREET DATE: August 9th, 2005
    MONSTERS GONE WILD! - STREET DATE: August 31st, 2005
    DECADENT EVIL - STREET DATE: June 25, 2005

    WILLIAM SHATNER'S FULL MOON FRIGHT NIGHT VOL 01 -
    STREET DATE: August 31, 2005

    ALIENS GONE WILD! - STREET DATE: September 28, 2005

    Stacy, May 9, 2005

  2. Stacy

    gojira Guest

    Gotta say Band's greed is clearly showing, and is wearing very thin any
    lingering interest I have in his films.

    gojira, May 10, 2005