    From Sat Nov 15 20:56:21 2003
    From: "Safer Streets Trust" <>
    To: <removed>
    Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:56:17 +1300
    Subject: "Christmas Lights for Kids" - young & old

    [IMAGE]
    [IMAGE][IMAGE]

    "Christmas Lights for Kids"

    Thanks for taking the time to read this email. Your support and
    assistance would be very much appreciated.

    "Christmas Lights for Kids" is a Lunar initiative in support of Safer
    Streets Trust. How can you help the Trust?

    Visit Lunars site

    Enter the competition

    Please visit our website www.saferstreets.org.nz to see what we are doing
    to help the youth of New Zealand.
    "Amazing Me" for 3-5 year olds, "No Excuse for Abuse" for primary
    children, "The Journey to Wellbeing" for 3rd formers.
    Should you wish you can make a direct donation via our 0900 lines it
    would be greatly appreciated.
    0900 88820 ($20) 090088830 ($30) 090088850 ($50) 090088875 ($75)

    Voted 2002 Trust of the Year by the NZ Trustees Assn.

    Please email as many friends and colleagues as possible.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers
    steve, Nov 18, 2003

  2. steve

    HiM Guest

    yes

    i called them
    they purchased a lsit of email address from and english company which sells
    them for 115 us dollars

    i never gave my permission for it to be sold or used and called england

    no reply to my emails or phone call

    here is some corry between sst and myself

    > Dear Glenn
    > Thank You for your reply.
    > As I see it you have done one of two things.
    > 1. Bought / given email addresses as you say and decided to spam me from

    it.
    > 2. Lied to me in your email
    > You did not ask my permission if I wanted to be in this list and I gave no
    > one the right to my email address.
    > Unless you tell me who sold / gave you the list of so called business

    emails
    > I will speak to the commerce commission AND advertise fully via the means
    > available to me [ and I have the means ] that you are prepared to spam
    > people from illegal lists.
    > MINE IS NOT A BLOODY BUSINESS EMAIL and I have a right to know who is
    > selling passing off my address as one happy to receive promotions.
    > If I do not receive a prompt reply with the name / contact of the supposed
    > person who sold / gave you the list then I will advertise and complain
    > formally to your ISP. I would of course include your reply below that
    > admits spamming of people and you would be likely to have your account

    cut.
    > Name for me please along with contact of who sold / gave you my email
    > address.
    > Greg S
    >
    > Hi Greg
    > The emails are a 10% sampling of the list from
    > http://www.pro-software.co.uk/AU/
    > I was completely unaware that this was not a genuine list of business and

    commercial organisations.

    HiM, Nov 18, 2003

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    HiM allegedly said:

    > yes
    >
    > i called them
    > they purchased a lsit of email address from and english company which
    > sells them for 115 us dollars
    >
    > i never gave my permission for it to be sold or used and called england
    >
    > no reply to my emails or phone call
    >
    > here is some corry between sst and myself

    I know Glenn Corbin from a few years back. He seemed a decent guy then.
    Hopefully, he still is.

    I've checked out their web site and they are a bit shy on actual contact
    information unless you want to call one of their call centres.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers
    steve, Nov 18, 2003
  4. steve

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <Ljmub.8044$>,
    says...
    > Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?
    >
    > This note below was sent to our local linux user group mailing list......so
    > was definitely unsolicited e-mail.

    If it was emailed by a member of your group, then it is not spam.

    Surely your group is closed to posts of non members?
    Mainlander, Nov 19, 2003
  5. steve

    HiM Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > HiM allegedly said:
    >
    > > yes
    > >
    > > i called them
    > > they purchased a lsit of email address from and english company which
    > > sells them for 115 us dollars
    > >
    > > i never gave my permission for it to be sold or used and called england
    > >
    > > no reply to my emails or phone call
    > >
    > > here is some corry between sst and myself

    > I know Glenn Corbin from a few years back. He seemed a decent guy then.
    > Hopefully, he still is.
    >
    > I've checked out their web site and they are a bit shy on actual contact
    > information unless you want to call one of their call centres.
    >
    > --

    sorry steve .. glenn was most hepful and did return my emails .. it was the
    uk company i was refering to

    cheers

    greg
    HiM, Nov 19, 2003
  6. steve

    HiM Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <Ljmub.8044$>,
    > says...
    > > Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?
    > >
    > > This note below was sent to our local linux user group mailing

    list......so
    > > was definitely unsolicited e-mail.

    > If it was emailed by a member of your group, then it is not spam.
    >

    > Surely your group is closed to posts of non members?

    huh ?

    this is an emal being sent to private email addresses.
    HiM, Nov 19, 2003
  7. steve

    steve Guest

    Mainlander allegedly said:

    > In article <Ljmub.8044$>,
    > says...
    >> Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?
    >>
    >> This note below was sent to our local linux user group mailing
    >> list......so was definitely unsolicited e-mail.

    > If it was emailed by a member of your group, then it is not spam.
    >
    > Surely your group is closed to posts of non members?

    It was a BOUNCE message from an unsubscribed person to our list.

    As the list admin, I got the bounce message. It didn't go to the list.

    But why are they sending this stuff to a linux user group mailing anyway -
    subscribed or not?

    It's SPAM.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers
    steve, Nov 19, 2003
  8. steve

    Andy Lawson Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?

    Yep got one the other day. Probably a harvested list of .nz addresses, since
    I'd never heard of them before their turd hit my inbox.
    Andy Lawson, Nov 19, 2003
  9. steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    steve wrote:
    > But why are they sending this stuff to a linux user group mailing anyway -
    > subscribed or not?

    you seem to have answered your own question.

    > It's SPAM.

    Valid email address... it'll collect spam.
    T.N.O., Nov 19, 2003
  10. On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:57:06 +1300, steve wrote:

    >> i called them
    >> they purchased a lsit of email address from and english company which
    >> sells them for 115 us dollars

    Which english company? What they're doing is cmpletely illegal under UK law.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Nov 19, 2003
  11. steve

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:38:21 +0100, in article
    <>, Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:57:06 +1300, steve wrote:
    >
    > >> i called them
    > >> they purchased a lsit of email address from and english company which
    > >> sells them for 115 us dollars

    > Which english company?

    Read the second message in this thread, near the bottom.

    Ralph Fox, Nov 19, 2003
  12. steve

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <vKCub.8228$>,
    says...
    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    > > Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?
    > >

    > Yep got one the other day. Probably a harvested list of .nz addresses, since
    > I'd never heard of them before their turd hit my inbox.

    Probably sent by an organisation they engaged to fundraise. Fundraising
    these days is a business and involves the use of phantom billsticking
    (those posters that get put up in unauthorised places), telemarketing and
    it appears spam emailing as well.

    Check in the headers to see if you can identify that it was sent from an
    actual different organisation.
    Mainlander, Nov 19, 2003
  13. steve

    HiM Guest

    "Andy Lawson" <> wrote in message
    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    > > Has any else been receiving SPAM from the "Safer Streets Trust"?
    > >

    > Yep got one the other day. Probably a harvested list of .nz addresses,

    since
    > I'd never heard of them before their turd hit my inbox.

    yes they got the email list " purchased " from an english company who is
    selling them worldwide for 115 us buks per batch

    spam
    HiM, Nov 20, 2003