    converter and wall plug outlet for London,Amsterdam and Paris?

    thanks..

    Rick

    Richard, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Richard wrote:
    > How do I charge batteries in the U.k..? Is there a standard voltage
    > converter and wall plug outlet for London,Amsterdam and Paris?

    If you're talking about standard batteries, it would probably be cheaper
    to buy a charger when you get here (around £10/$15 for a standard 4 x AA
    NiMH/NiCd type). Adapters to connect a UK plug to the sockets used in
    Holland, France and most other European countries are about £3/$5 and
    are widely available here.

    If you're talking about special camera batteries, the chances are that
    the US charger is capable of running on 110/230 volts. If it says so on
    the label, all you need is a US/UK plug adapter (again available here,
    but slightly harder to find, at around £3/$5).

    Hope this helps,

    Roger.

    Roger Wareham, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Richard

    Ian Stirling Guest

    Richard <> wrote:
    > How do I charge batteries in the U.k..? Is there a standard voltage
    > converter and wall plug outlet for London,Amsterdam and Paris?

    You can get universal battery chargers.
    Do you mean AA chargers?
    All of the cities you mention have a voltage of around 220V+-20% or so,
    so you'd need a plug adaptor, but not an actual voltage converter.
    Of course, you could pop into any electrical shop (I believe there are
    several in london) and buy one too.

    --
    http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: | Ian Stirling.
    "The theory of everything falls out trivially." -- Etherman, sci.physics kook.

    Ian Stirling, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Thanks guys,,sorry, I should have stated what batteries, its the
    Lithium-Ion batteries for the Canon S 400,,

    Rick

    \On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:17:29 +0000 (UTC), Ian Stirling

    Richard, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Richard

    Larry Larson Guest

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:57:56 GMT, Richard <> wrote:

    >Thanks guys,,sorry, I should have stated what batteries, its the
    >Lithium-Ion batteries for the Canon S 400,,

    The Canon charger is universal voltage, so all you need is the plug
    adapter, which you can find in any Radio Shack here before you go.

    -- Larry

    Larry Larson, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Richard

    Luke Guest

    Your charger should be capable of taking the 220V then, it'll say on it.

    Depending on where you are staying some shaver sockets in the UK will take
    american 2-pin plugs without any adapter so that may solve your problem.
    Also some of them provide 110V as well as 220V (other shaver sockets will
    only take the european round 2-pin plug).

    It will be easy to find an adapter in the UK once you get here so long as
    you can get to an electrical shop.

    UK mains plugs are large with 3 thick rectangular pins, they are very
    distinctive and about the largest standard mains plug you will find anywhere
    in the world.

    Luke

    Luke, Aug 7, 2003
  7. "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > How do I charge batteries in the U.k..? Is there a standard voltage
    > converter and wall plug outlet for London,Amsterdam and Paris?

    IIRC I saw a plug converter in Poundland...

    --
    Martin
    Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot

    Martin Francis, Aug 7, 2003
  8. Richard

    Richard Guest

    THANK YOU ALL !!

    Richard, Aug 7, 2003
  9. Richard <> writes:

    > How do I charge batteries in the U.k..? Is there a standard voltage
    > converter and wall plug outlet for London,Amsterdam and Paris?

    Most chargers are dual voltage, so all you will need are plug
    adapters. My wife and I travel from the US (110 VAC) to the French West
    Indies (220 VAC). Our converters handle this automatically -- we just need
    the plug adapter to get our spade lugs into the round holes. This applies
    for recharging my electric shaver, our laptop, our camera batteries in
    their proprietary charger, and the Radio Shack AA battery charger.

    Check the body of your present charger and see if it gives the two
    voltages as being acceptable.

    Phil Stripling, Aug 7, 2003