    Is it ok to charge up an old mobile phone (five years old) with a lithium
    ion battery that is practically empty (though still powered on the phone),
    but that hasn't been charged in 18 months?
    ofn01, Aug 18, 2007

  2. ofn01

    Greg House Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:32:28 +0100, "ofn01" <> wrote:

    >Is it ok to charge up an old mobile phone (five years old) with a lithium
    >ion battery that is practically empty (though still powered on the phone),
    >but that hasn't been charged in 18 months?

    These type of Batteries have a very short shelf life, loose about 50% in 2 Years when not being
    used.

    Far better to get a one cheap repayment from these chaps..

    http://eurobatteries.co.uk/

    They have a one price fits all for freight and is very low.
    Greg House, Aug 19, 2007

  3. ofn01

    Richard Guest

    Greg House wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:32:28 +0100, "ofn01" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is it ok to charge up an old mobile phone (five years old) with a lithium
    >> ion battery that is practically empty (though still powered on the phone),
    >> but that hasn't been charged in 18 months?
    >>

    > These type of Batteries have a very short shelf life, loose about 50% in 2 Years when not being
    > used.
    >

    > Far better to get a one cheap repayment from these chaps..
    >

    > http://eurobatteries.co.uk/
    >
    > They have a one price fits all for freight and is very low.

    My t68i which I recently got out to give to an exchange student who
    couldn't unlock their Mexican phone still works fine even after over 3
    years sitting in a drawer unused, so I don't really hold much faith in
    the self-destructive claims on lithium batteries.
    Richard, Aug 20, 2007