    be damaged ? will it have a prolonged recharge time ?
    all help apprectiated TIA
    please post ans on newsgroup
    Jon, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Jon

    7 Guest

    Jon wrote:

    > Hi guys
    > in the summer i'm going to the usa and i wanna take my ipod, phone etc if
    > get a travel adapter can i use my uk 240 volt chargers there ? could they
    > be damaged ? will it have a prolonged recharge time ?
    > all help apprectiated TIA
    > please post ans on newsgroup

    Why go to amerikkka? Go european countries - hire a car and drive into
    new EU countries and so on. Many UK guys have been detained, put in chains
    and leg irons and shipped back for no reason already.
    Thats happened a number of times with British visitors with British
    passports and they were white as well. God help you if you are black
    or asian or chinese or any light brown and therefore
    middle eastern appearance. You must be a terrorist unfortunately.
    Yet the stoopid fucks advertise people to go there.
    Its the murder capital of the world with 10,000+ shot dead each year.
    The UN is pussy footing around not invading the USA and
    locking up all the inefectual politicians and gun toting kiddies.
    So do the right thing and give USA a miss.

    Besides the the 240V chargers will not function,
    therefore go to EU.
    7, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Jon

    glastonbery Guest

    "Jon" <jon@########.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys
    > in the summer i'm going to the usa and i wanna take my ipod, phone etc if

    > get a travel adapter can i use my uk 240 volt chargers there ? could they
    > be damaged ? will it have a prolonged recharge time ?
    > all help apprectiated TIA
    > please post ans on newsgroup

    you ned to get yourself a voltage converter as in the USA they have 110V
    supply while here in UK we have 230V (used to be 240V), then you can use the
    travel adapter. not doing the first step will cause your ipod to **** up
    like shit.
    glastonbery, Feb 6, 2005
  4. Jon

    Tony Guest

    "Jon" <jon@########.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys
    > in the summer i'm going to the usa and i wanna take my ipod, phone etc if
    > i get a travel adapter can i use my uk 240 volt chargers there ? could
    > they be damaged ? will it have a prolonged recharge time ?
    > all help apprectiated TIA
    > please post ans on newsgroup

    Depends on the charger. Some are dual voltage (my camcorder charger will
    work in US or UK). You have to check if it says anywhere on it that it will
    work with 110v which is what they use in the USA. If not, you may be able
    to get a suitable charger from Maplin that works on both voltages.
    Tony, Feb 6, 2005
  5. 7 wrote:

    > Why go to amerikkka? Go european countries - hire a car and drive into
    > new EU countries and so on. Many UK guys have been detained, put in chains
    > and leg irons and shipped back for no reason already.
    > Thats happened a number of times with British visitors with British
    > passports and they were white as well. God help you if you are black
    > or asian or chinese or any light brown and therefore
    > middle eastern appearance. You must be a terrorist unfortunately.
    > Yet the stoopid fucks advertise people to go there.
    > Its the murder capital of the world with 10,000+ shot dead each year.
    > The UN is pussy footing around not invading the USA and
    > locking up all the inefectual politicians and gun toting kiddies.
    > So do the right thing and give USA a miss.

    > Besides the the 240V chargers will not function,
    > therefore go to EU.

    Step away from the crack pipe .

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 6, 2005
  6. Jon

    JP Guest

    Jon wrote:
    > Hi guys
    > in the summer i'm going to the usa and i wanna take my ipod, phone etc if i
    > get a travel adapter can i use my uk 240 volt chargers there ? could they
    > be damaged ? will it have a prolonged recharge time ?
    > all help apprectiated TIA
    > please post ans on newsgroup

    Look on the charger for accepted input voltage range.

    Mainy accept wide range now.
    JP, Feb 6, 2005
  7. Jon

    7 Guest

    uni-berlin.de!individual.net wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Why go to amerikkka? Go european countries - hire a car and drive into
    >> new EU countries and so on. Many UK guys have been detained, put in
    >> chains and leg irons and shipped back for no reason already.
    >> Thats happened a number of times with British visitors with British
    >> passports and they were white as well. God help you if you are black
    >> or asian or chinese or any light brown and therefore
    >> middle eastern appearance. You must be a terrorist unfortunately.
    >> Yet the stoopid fucks advertise people to go there.
    >> Its the murder capital of the world with 10,000+ shot dead each year.
    >> The UN is pussy footing around not invading the USA and
    >> locking up all the inefectual politicians and gun toting kiddies.
    >> So do the right thing and give USA a miss.

    >> Besides the the 240V chargers will not function,
    >> therefore go to EU.

    > Step away from the crack pipe .

    you will?
    7, Feb 6, 2005
  8. Jon

    chuckie® Guest

    '7', I feel badly for you and your kind. How many British visitors,
    exactly, have been chained? Can you name them? Provide more information to
    back up your assertions? I only have heard of a few, that were on a watch
    list, that shouldn't have been allowed on a plane. Mayhap, our CIA is in
    control and keeps this all covered up...sigh...

    chuckie®, Feb 7, 2005