    Hills Cop_ and _Tin Cup_ @ $5.50.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JLIF/002-5891207-3007240?v=glance&n=130

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...ss=bin&field-keywords=charade&Go.x=10&Go.y=10

    One-Shot Scot, Nov 20, 2005

  2. One-Shot Scot

    Guest

    Thanks for the heads up. A relative of mine was in the original
    Charade and I'd love to have a nice anamorphic version.

    , Nov 21, 2005

  3. <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the heads up. A relative of mine was in the original
    > Charade and I'd love to have a nice anamorphic version.

    Even if you don't find _The Truth About Charlie_ (2002)/_Charade_ (1963) DVD
    in the Wal-mart bargain dump, it is still a bargain at the $10-$12 price
    that other retailers are charging for it.

    One-Shot Scot, Nov 22, 2005
  4. One-Shot Scot

    anthony Guest

    > Even if you don't find _The Truth About Charlie_ (2002)/_Charade_ (1963) DVD
    > in the Wal-mart bargain dump, it is still a bargain at the $10-$12 price
    > that other retailers are charging for it.

    I remember reading long time ago that the new Criterion anamorphic
    transfer of Charade was in fact this same transfer, given some very
    slight clean-up.
    Hang onto your old non-anamorphic Criterion though -- the commentary by
    Stanley Donen and his scriptwriter for the Criterion edition is one of
    the best, wittiest commentaries ever recorded for DVD.

    anthony, Nov 23, 2005
  5. One-Shot Scot

    Mike Guest

    Yeah, I saw it in the bin too. I got TAC for the anamorphic Charade on
    the first day it came out(I believe for $17.99). Ya win some you lose
    some. To this day, I have yet to check out TAC.

    Mike, Nov 23, 2005
  6. "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, I saw it in the bin too. I got TAC for the anamorphic Charade on
    > the first day it came out(I believe for $17.99). Ya win some you lose
    > some. To this day, I have yet to check out TAC.

    I think that's what I paid for my copy. The Wal-Mart DVD dump copy is going
    to be a gift.

    A friend of mine rented _The Truth About Charlie_ and he and his family
    decided that the movie was terrible and two of the kids left in the middle
    and went to their rooms to watch TV. Even though it was a 5-day Hollywood
    Video rental, he took it back the next day.

    After he told me this, I asked him why he didn't keep the DVD and watch the
    original _Charade_. He told me that he didn't know that it was on the DVD.
    The only thing that I can think of is that _Charade_ was left off of rental
    copies. On the other hand, he could have just missed it.

    One-Shot Scot, Nov 23, 2005
  7. One-Shot Scot

    Mark Spatny Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:55:28 -0800, "One-Shot Scot" <>
    wrote:

    >Of course, _The Truth About Charlie_ is a total piece of crap and that is
    >probably the reason why Universal did the piggyback _Charade_ thing.

    I liked The Truth About Charlie. I thought Thandy Newton's performance
    was quite credible.

    Mark Spatny, Nov 24, 2005