    In regional and Language options the setting was english canada and switched
    to english us, no good

    Any ideas?
    Ryker, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Ryker

    hushia Guest

    "Ryker" <> wrote in message
    news:fWBcc.11629$...
    > This is an odd one, Windows XP, not service packed yet, because of remored
    > problems with that.

    Really? What kind of problems?
    hushia, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Ryker

    Palindrome Guest

    hushia wrote:

    > "Ryker" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>This is an odd one, Windows XP, not service packed yet, because of remored
    >>problems with that.

    > Really? What kind of problems?

    I think "rumoured" ones. Like if you install sp1, the W character comes
    out as /
    Palindrome, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Ryker

    °Mike° Guest

    Would you run that by me again please, only this time
    in English?

    On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:38:19 GMT, in
    <fWBcc.11629$>
    Ryker scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2004
  5. Ryker

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Ryker wrote:

    > This is an odd one, Windows XP, not service packed yet, because of remored
    > problems with that.
    > Apparently Korean langauge added to computer, then removed.
    > Now the "/" is displayed as an odd W, cannot find actual example under
    > fonts.This occurs in explorer as well as start>run>cmd> command prompt
    > When under advanced appearance is slected from display properties, only 2
    > fonts are displayed in the font window that are readable in english, rest
    > is korean?, japanese? chinese?
    > In the fonts page all seems to be available in english
    > In regional and Language options the setting was english canada and switched
    > to english us, no good
    >
    > Any ideas?

    /hat in the /orld are you talking about. I don't kno/ /hat the problem
    could be. That is sooooo /eird!

    --
    Your proctologist called, they found your head.
    PuddleNuts, Apr 6, 2004
  6. Ryker

    Palindrome Guest

    PuddleNuts wrote:

    > Ryker wrote:
    >
    >> This is an odd one, Windows XP, not service packed yet, because of
    >> remored
    >> problems with that.
    >> Apparently Korean langauge added to computer, then removed.
    >> Now the "/" is displayed as an odd W, cannot find actual example under
    >> fonts.This occurs in explorer as well as start>run>cmd> command prompt
    >> When under advanced appearance is slected from display properties, only 2
    >> fonts are displayed in the font window that are readable in english,
    >> rest
    >> is korean?, japanese? chinese?
    >> In the fonts page all seems to be available in english
    >> In regional and Language options the setting was english canada and
    >> switched
    >> to english us, no good
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>

    > /hat in the /orld are you talking about. I don't kno/ /hat the problem
    > could be. That is sooooo /eird!

    rofl wfia :)
    Palindrome, Apr 6, 2004
  7. Ryker

    Pool Champ Guest

    "Ryker" wrote.....

    > This is an odd one, Windows XP, not service packed yet, because of remored
    > problems with that.
    > Apparently Korean langauge added to computer, then removed.
    > Now the "/" is displayed as an odd W, cannot find actual example under
    > fonts.This occurs in explorer as well as start>run>cmd> command prompt
    > When under advanced appearance is slected from display properties, only 2
    > fonts are displayed in the font window that are readable in english, rest
    > is korean?, japanese? chinese?
    > In the fonts page all seems to be available in english
    > In regional and Language options the setting was english canada and

    switched
    > to english us, no good
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Check the toilet, could be w is having a slash.
    Pool Champ, Apr 6, 2004
  8. Ryker

    Ryker Guest

    Thanks for all the laughs, I'll talk a little slower.

    The problem is when you look at the monitor or print, the root or " \ "
    character is displayed and printed as a "W with a horizonal line through
    it".

    Examples
    A printer test page printout of printer drivers will show
    c:WwindowsWsystem32WspoolWdrivers...
    note- the W has a horizonal line through it

    If you go to a command prompt you will see the same thing
    C:WDocuments and SettingsWRyker
    the " \ " character is displayed and printed as a "W with a horizontal line
    through it".

    XP has not had service patch 1 applied, dial up service only available, so
    will be slow to install and is rumored to cause some grief.

    Apparently a visiting Korean added Keyboard language support when he visited
    and then removed it when he left.

    Since then the problem with the "\ "started

    In the Display Properties>Appearance tab>advanced appearance is selected ,
    If you choose Item::Active Title Bar, the only fonts are displayed in the
    font window is Tahoma and 1 other that are readable in English, the rest
    are Korean I suspect but not sure.

    In regional and Language options the setting was English - Canada . This was
    changed to switched
    to English - United States to no avail. It was then returned to
    English-Canada.

    In the fonts folder all fonts are in english and readable

    Any ideas
    Ryker, Apr 7, 2004
  9. Ryker

    hushia Guest

    "Ryker" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for all the laughs <snip>

    You're most welcome.

    <knip>
    > In regional and Language options the setting was English - Canada . This

    was
    > changed to switched > to English - United States to no avail. It was then

    returned to
    > English-Canada.

    How about the Code page conversion tables?
    When I've finished my soup I will try to find out what the heck those are..
    But just for fun: what is selected for conversion tables at your Wuzzy-slash
    comp?
    hushia, Apr 7, 2004
  10. Ryker

    Ryker Guest

    It appears that text services are the culprit

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q306993&ID=KB;EN-US;
    Q306993&#4

    thanks for the lead hushia

    Ryker, Apr 7, 2004