Char to visually differentiate folders from some live bookmarks/feeds.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Splibbilla, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. Splibbilla

    Splibbilla Guest

    I noticed that when using Firefox (and Moz suite?) Bookmark Manager, many feeds appear to be folders. [1]

    http://computercops.biz/backendnews20.php
    looks like a folder
    http://www.techworld.com/rss/techworld-security.xml
    looks like a folder and also shows only http://www.techworld.com in the Location column of Bookmark Manager. (another
    oddity!)

    http://www.osvdb.org/backend/rss.php
    looks like a normal link.

    To semi-fix this, I add a hyphen or underscore as first char of each subfolder name in my feeds folder. Various first characters
    sort-by-name as I prefer, and the special first char will help me recognize they are folders, not feeds.

    BTW, the live bookmarks do *not* appear as folders when traveling through bookmarks from browser window or in Sage
    sidebar.

    1 I could maybe check which feeds look like folders then look for commonality in their Properties/URL in Sage sidebar,
    but... not today. Could also look whether any of this correlates to the Sage red asterisk symbol... ggggehhh...

    --
    1 WinXp,Ff1.0.3 GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabbrowser Preferences, CopyURL, IEView, Conquery(trying),
    and?

    Splibbilla, Apr 20, 2005