    came without a chapter insert, just a single-sheet advertisement for, I believe,
    Field of Dreams. Did anyone get a chapter insert with their Quantum Leap Season
    One set?

    phil, Jun 10, 2004

  2. phil

    Dan P. Guest

    "phil" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This seems to be a regular request nowadays. Anyway, my Quantum Leap

    Season One
    > came without a chapter insert, just a single-sheet advertisement for, I

    believe,
    > Field of Dreams. Did anyone get a chapter insert with their Quantum Leap

    Season
    > One set?

    I didn't get an insert either. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with one.

    Dan

    Dan P., Jun 12, 2004

  3. That's it Dan P. I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    Now someone hit my music....
    > I didn't get an insert either. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with
    > one.

    None here either. My god are the studios really getting
    that cheap to no longer include a freakin chapter insert
    yet bombard us with advertising?

    --
    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jun 13, 2004
  4. phil

    Cernovog Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 2:12:35 -0400, Brian The Demolition Man Little wrote
    (in message <>):

    > None here either. My god are the studios really getting
    > that cheap to no longer include a freakin chapter insert
    > yet bombard us with advertising?

    If they were smart, they would *sell* advertising on the insert. That would
    pay for the exhorbitant cost of printing out a sheet of paper and at least
    we'd get our hard copy chapter list.

    And who knows? Maybe it'd actually be an intersting piece of advertising.
    Anyone selling a used Quantum Accelerator?

    Cernovog, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Cernovog wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 2:12:35 -0400, Brian The Demolition Man Little
    > wrote (in message <>):
    > If they were smart, they would *sell* advertising on the insert. That
    > would pay for the exhorbitant cost of printing out a sheet of paper
    > and at least we'd get our hard copy chapter list.

    You would think with the amount they are selling the boxset for
    they can afford to throw in even a skimpy book with the chapter
    listings on it. I've seen cheap CDs come with better insert books
    with them than some far more expensive DVDs I'll tell you that.

    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jun 16, 2004
  6. phil

    Dennis Kuhn Guest

    (phil) wrote in message news:<>...
    > This seems to be a regular request nowadays. Anyway, my Quantum Leap Season One
    > came without a chapter insert, just a single-sheet advertisement for, I believe,
    > Field of Dreams. Did anyone get a chapter insert with their Quantum Leap Season
    > One set?

    Nope. What boggles the mind is that they went to the trouble of
    designing the cardboard to have the diagonal-cut pocket in the case,
    but then only used it to hold an advertisement for other DVDs. It's
    like a blow-in card that comes with my magazine; I glance at it, and
    regardless of whether I find the content interesting or not, I then
    throw it away.

    Does some brainless exec really think I'm going to be keeping their
    little ad? I suppose I'll have to design/print my own chapter insert
    sheet and tuck THAT in the pocket.

    Pretty bare-bones set. The editing on the interview segments was
    pretty amateurish. No subtitles, even. The coolest part for me was
    finally putting a face to the producer's name, and hearing a couple of
    his stories.

    Not sure this was worth the cover price, when compared to other TV
    series releases.

    Dennis

    Dennis Kuhn, Jun 16, 2004
  7. phil

    Cernovog Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:16:47 -0400, Dennis Kuhn wrote
    (in message <>):

    > Nope. What boggles the mind is that they went to the trouble of
    > designing the cardboard to have the diagonal-cut pocket in the case,
    > but then only used it to hold an advertisement for other DVDs.

    Mine was empty which led me to believe that there *was* an insert and I was
    missing out. You're right. It's odd that they'd design the case for a booklet
    and not print one.

    > Not sure this was worth the cover price, when compared to other TV
    > series releases.

    Probably not worth the full cover price. I've seen it for $50, $55 at some
    places. I paid about $35 for mine (after the Canadian exchange). But it *is*
    Quantum Leap. I personally have been waiting for this release for a long
    time. It would have taken a lot to keep me from buying this.

    I'm hoping the extras will improve with future releases. The first season is
    usually a market test. Successful sales usually prompt the studios to put
    more care into subsequent releases.

    Cernovog, Jun 17, 2004
  8. Cernovog wrote:
    > I'm hoping the extras will improve with future releases. The first
    > season is usually a market test. Successful sales usually prompt the
    > studios to put more care into subsequent releases.

    Very true, as both the first season boxset for "24" and the first
    set for "Family Guy" holds up to what you just said.

    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jun 18, 2004