    11 channels and came set to channel 6 as default.

    Is there a best channel to extend the network's wireless range?

    Doc
    J.H. Holliday, Jun 9, 2005

  2. J.H. Holliday

    DanR Guest

    Don't know about range but you probably don't want to stay with channel 6 as it
    IS the default and you may have neighbors on that channel.
    Download "netstumbler" and it will tell you what OTHER wireless networks are in
    your area and what channel they are using. (if they have their SSID set to
    broadcast)

    DanR, Jun 10, 2005

  3. J.H. Holliday

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    If you are on Noisy channel, switching to another Channel (does not matter
    which one as long as it not noisy) might help.

    Otherwise:

    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

    Jack (MVP-Networking).