    the icons only about 4 choices show up....... so where or how do I download
    a better selection of icons for all my website shortcuts? I'm using Win XP
    Thanks......

    don, Feb 6, 2005

  2. don

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    news:cu3nfp$gjc$...
    | Well, everytime I make a short cut to a web page on my desktop I get the
    | same old "blue e" icon............. and when I click properties to change
    | the icons only about 4 choices show up....... so where or how do I
    download
    | a better selection of icons for all my website shortcuts? I'm using Win
    XP
    | Thanks......

    Have you ever heard of a web site called www.google.com? Search there for
    free icons...there's millions of them out there...

    http://www.iconarchive.com/
    http://www.coolarchive.com/icons.cfm
    http://www.topicons.com/

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005

  3. don

    don Guest

    Have you ever heard of reading the question before trying to answer
    it....... I'm sure windows XP has more then 4 icons to choose from......

    don, Feb 6, 2005
  4. don

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Sure. Moreicons.dll. Icons in pifmgr.dll. Have a ball!

    "don" <> wrote in message
    | Have you ever heard of reading the question before trying to answer
    | it....... I'm sure windows XP has more then 4 icons to choose from......
    |
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "don" <> wrote in message
    | > | Well, everytime I make a short cut to a web page on my desktop I get
    the
    | > | same old "blue e" icon............. and when I click properties to
    | change
    | > | the icons only about 4 choices show up....... so where or how do I
    | > download
    | > | a better selection of icons for all my website shortcuts? I'm using
    Win
    | > XP
    | > | Thanks......
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005
  5. don

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Ooops...moreicons.dll is in W9X. But you can look at *any* .dll, .ico, or
    ..exe file in your whole stinkin' computer and see if there are icons there
    you want to use.

    | Sure. Moreicons.dll. Icons in pifmgr.dll. Have a ball!
    |
    | "don" <> wrote in message
    || Have you ever heard of reading the question before trying to answer
    || it....... I'm sure windows XP has more then 4 icons to choose from......
    || "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    || >
    || > "don" <> wrote in message
    | the
    || change
    || > download
    | Win
    || > XP
    || > |

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005
  6. don

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Not to mention the fact that your stinkin' FIRST post said:

    <quote>
    so where or how do I DOWNLOAD a better selection of icons for all my website
    shortcuts?
    </quote>

    (emphasis added)

    So blow that out your tail pipe...

    | Ooops...moreicons.dll is in W9X. But you can look at *any* .dll, .ico, or
    | .exe file in your whole stinkin' computer and see if there are icons there
    | you want to use.
    |
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    || Sure. Moreicons.dll. Icons in pifmgr.dll. Have a ball!
    || "don" <> wrote in message
    ||| Have you ever heard of reading the question before trying to answer
    ||| it....... I'm sure windows XP has more then 4 icons to choose from......
    ||| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    || the
    ||| change
    || Win
    ||| > |

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005
  7. don

    bigjon Guest

    don decided to add:

    > Have you ever heard of reading the question before trying to answer
    > it....... I'm sure windows XP has more then 4 icons to choose from......
    >
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "don" <> wrote in message
    >>| Well, everytime I make a short cut to a web page on my desktop I get the
    >>| same old "blue e" icon............. and when I click properties to

    > change
    >>| the icons only about 4 choices show up....... so where or how do I
    >> download
    >>| a better selection of icons for all my website shortcuts? I'm using Win
    >> XP
    >>| Thanks......
    >>|
    >> Have you ever heard of a web site called www.google.com? Search there for
    >> free icons...there's millions of them out there...
    >>
    >> http://www.iconarchive.com/
    >> http://www.coolarchive.com/icons.cfm
    >> http://www.topicons.com/

    troll...
    you asked "or how do I download a better selection of icons"
    --
    Never argue with an idiot.
    They drag you down to their level,

    bigjon, Feb 6, 2005
  8. don

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "bigjon" <> wrote in message
    | don decided to add:
    |
    | > Have you ever heard of reading the question before trying to answer
    | > it....... I'm sure windows XP has more then 4 icons to choose from......
    | >
    | > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >>
    | >> "don" <> wrote in message
    | > change
    | >> download
    Win
    | >> XP
    | >>|
    | >> Have you ever heard of a web site called www.google.com? Search there
    for
    | >> free icons...there's millions of them out there...
    | >>
    | >> http://www.iconarchive.com/
    | >> http://www.coolarchive.com/icons.cfm
    | >> http://www.topicons.com/
    | >>

    | troll...
    | you asked "or how do I download a better selection of icons"

    (Yeah - I thought he was being a bit 'touchy' about it myself...)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 6, 2005
  9. don

    dadiOH Guest

    don wrote:
    > Have you ever heard of reading the question before trying to answer
    > it....... I'm sure windows XP has more then 4 icons to choose
    > from......

    Have you ever heard of being pleasant to someone who answered your
    *specific* question of "where or how do I download a better selection of
    icons" ?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 6, 2005
  10. don

    dadiOH Guest

    dadiOH wrote:

    BTW, I could tell you *how* to find the icons on your computer. But I
    won't. Hope no one else does either.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...