    answers appriciated before forced to reinstall windows with its ligimate key
    Regards
    webfactor
    =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Is the system telling you to activate or reactivate? If that's what is
    going on, just do it. I am having trouble making sense out of your post, so
    I may be missing the point completely.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Sounds like circumvention of activation to me, if you have reactivate after
    hardware changes, just call the number and give a reasonable excuse.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 18, 2005
  4. No I had to follow OEM rules that It dies with the motherboard so by swapping
    motherboards the old raid had Foxconns OEM number and so when I prepairred the
    Foxconn for S-ATA II configuration(mounted devices) I had to use Foxconn´s
    OEM disk and key and thats still on the raid disc I´m talking about and that
    windows installation needs ECS OEM key´s.You see I press want to register but
    it says already registred there no offer like changing key .
    So how do I insert another 15 digit key I thougt there was one from Micro here
    they usually go through all letters,well maybe I of mount all devices from
    ECS instead and install windows 64 bit again with the ordenary key

    =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=, Nov 18, 2005
  5. Foxconn's OEM number for what?

    Have you contacted Foxconn? http://www.foxconnchannel.com/

    What is it you got from Foxconn? The mobo, the computer, the raid
    controller? 15-digits doesn't sound like a Microsoft key. If you are
    talking about a bios-locked OEM copy of Windows that you got from foxconn
    with a computer, it is a loss if the bios on the replacement mobo is not a
    match for the old one. That's Foxconn's problem.

    If you are going to install x64 from a new cd, just enter the product key
    that comes with it and forget the old one.

    Sorry, I'm still trying to follow what you are wanting to do.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 19, 2005
  6. Sorry 25 digits

    =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=, Nov 19, 2005
  7. If you have an OEM cd for x64 in addition to what you got with Foxconn, then
    just use the product key that comes with the new cd.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 19, 2005
  8. Well I could not wait for an answer so I installed from Windows,everything
    went smooth until finally Windows should start for the first time a black
    screen and constantly reboots.Filled both drives with zeros and prepaired a
    new raid configuration and installed fresh.Then when I finally came to
    registering the product at microsoft the key had been used to many times it
    said and I had to phone
    them with a large pin but that went smoothe with an mobile phone so that´s
    ok now the ECS but then the Foxconn asked to for phoning microsoft but I´l
    wait until monday with that the battery is charging and they maybe held
    weekend now there
    so for me this case is closed about changing registration key from witin
    installations
    thank´s for help though

    =?Utf-8?B?d2ViZmFjdG9y?=, Nov 19, 2005