    remember how, maybe Windows 98 or XP SP1 but now I don't get the option
    with XP Pro SP2
    Thanks for any sugestions.

    ToyalP2, Jul 17, 2007

  2. ToyalP2

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:33:10 -0700, ToyalP2 wrote:

    >I would like to change the Programs Files Icon to make it faster to find
    >on the long list of folders. I was able to do it before, I don't
    >remember how, maybe Windows 98 or XP SP1 but now I don't get the option
    >with XP Pro SP2
    >Thanks for any sugestions.

    A quick and dirty search, www.google.com

    or search, which isn't working for me just now.

    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,070,000 English pages for change programs
    folder icon. (0.09 seconds)
    change folder icon Software Freeware Shareware Free Download
    change folder icon Software change folder icon Freeware change folder
    icon Shareware change folder icon Free Downloads.
    www.brothersoft.com/downloads/change-folder-icon.html - 23k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Change folder icon or color by one mouse click. Mark folders!
    Folder Marker can change a folder icon with one mouse click; Folder
    Marker can mark folders by ... To mark a folder, you don't even need to
    run the program! ...
    www.foldermarker.com/ - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

    Change folder icon by #1 Folder Icon Changer in Internet!
    Change Folder Icon using Folder Marker Pro. Folder Marker Pro - a helper
    specially designed ... To mark a folder, you don't even need to run the
    program! ...
    www.foldermarker.com/folder-marker-pro.php - 19k - Cached - Similar
    pages
    [ More results from www.foldermarker.com ]

    Change Folder Icons - change standard icon of a folder to any ...
    Other programs make shortcuts (.lnk-files) to the folder and then hide
    the folder. So you change the icon of the shortcut. This variant is not
    very good, ...
    www.nesoft.org/change_folder_icons.shtml - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Jul 17, 2007

  3. ToyalP2

    ToyalP2 Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:42:57 GMT, why?

    >On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:33:10 -0700, ToyalP2 wrote:
    >
    >>I would like to change the Programs Files Icon to make it faster to find
    >>on the long list of folders. I was able to do it before, I don't
    >>remember how, maybe Windows 98 or XP SP1 but now I don't get the option
    >>with XP Pro SP2
    >>Thanks for any sugestions.

    >A quick and dirty search, www.google.com
    >
    >or search, which isn't working for me just now.
    >http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/topics
    >

    >Results 1 - 10 of about 2,070,000 English pages for change programs
    >folder icon. (0.09 seconds)
    >change folder icon Software Freeware Shareware Free Download
    >change folder icon Software change folder icon Freeware change folder
    >icon Shareware change folder icon Free Downloads.
    >www.brothersoft.com/downloads/change-folder-icon.html - 23k - Cached -
    >Similar pages
    >
    >Change folder icon or color by one mouse click. Mark folders!
    >Folder Marker can change a folder icon with one mouse click; Folder
    >Marker can mark folders by ... To mark a folder, you don't even need to
    >run the program! ...
    >www.foldermarker.com/ - 18k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    >Change folder icon by #1 Folder Icon Changer in Internet!
    >Change Folder Icon using Folder Marker Pro. Folder Marker Pro - a helper
    >specially designed ... To mark a folder, you don't even need to run the
    >program! ...
    >www.foldermarker.com/folder-marker-pro.php - 19k - Cached - Similar
    >pages
    >[ More results from www.foldermarker.com ]
    >
    >Change Folder Icons - change standard icon of a folder to any ...
    >Other programs make shortcuts (.lnk-files) to the folder and then hide
    >the folder. So you change the icon of the shortcut. This variant is not
    >very good, ...
    >www.nesoft.org/change_folder_icons.shtml - 63k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    >Me

    Thanks WHY? I use Google search on a daily basis but it never ocurred to
    me that I could use it for this purpose.
    I just downloaded Folder Marker through your sugestion and I was able to
    change the icon for Program Files, a system folder that I could not
    change through Properties.
    THANKS!

    ToyalP2, Jul 18, 2007