    Anyways, any ideas on how to change my lowest possible resolution to
    what it was before the reformat - to 640x480?

    any help would be appreciated - thanks :)
    yawnmoth, May 5, 2004

  2. yawnmoth

    Jerry G. Guest

    This is the XP drivers for your display. Unfortunately you cannot install
    the old drivers with your card. The newer TV sets will support the higher
    output of your card.

    You should contact ATI for details.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry G.
    =====

    "yawnmoth" <> wrote in message
    i recently purchased an ATI Radeon 7000 for an older computer of mine,
    and installed it under Windows ME, by temporarily using my only
    monitor on it. It installed fine, and I was able to set my
    resolution, for the TV-out, to 640x480.

    since then, i've stopped using my only monitor on that computer, and
    am now only using my TV. i decided to reformat the computer, and
    install Windows XP. this worked, but... now, even after installing
    the ATI drivers, the lowest resolution I can set for my TV is 800x600.
    This resolution is too high for my TV (which doesn't have component
    inputs, let alone support 480p or higher), and is resulting in all the
    text being sorta fuzzy (which is what I would expect at this
    resolution).

    Jerry G., May 5, 2004

  3. yawnmoth

    Thor Guest

    have you checked the "list all modes" option in the advanced display
    settings under the "adapter" tab? If it's there, you may have a 640x480/60Hz
    option there that will work with the TV.

    Thor, May 5, 2004
  4. yawnmoth

    ProfGene Guest

    It took me a long time to figure that one out after I got XP and wanted to
    play a game that only worked in 640x480 but I finally figured it out. You
    go into control panel and click on dispaly then settings, then advanced then
    graphics card and if you look in the middle of the screen you will se a tab
    you can click on that says modes. When you click on this you will have many
    options for 640x480 in including 16 high color.

    ProfGene, May 10, 2004